PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame DB Looking I-AA

TexasTerror
August 11th, 2005, 05:48 PM
A defense back from Notre Dame is looking Big Sky or Southland Conference. Best of luck to him, though of course, I'd hope to see him in Huntsville instead of the other places mentioned!
-------
Narrowing the field

Freddie Parish's transfer from Notre Dame is nearing completion, but not without a few headaches.

"I never realized there was so much paperwork involved and that I'd be the one having to track it all down," the junior defensive back from Redondo Beach, Calif., said with a laugh Wednesday via cell phone.

Parish's final destination isn't yet in sight, but he knows it will be a Div. I-AA school. Transferring to a non-Div. I-A school will allow Parish to play this season rather than sitting out a year to satisfy NCAA transfer requirements.

He said his finalists are Texas State, Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin of the Southland Conference, and Portland State and Montana State of the Big Sky Conference.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/stories/2005/08/11/sports.20050811-sbt-MICH-C1-Can_fourth_be_the_ch.sto

GOKATS
August 11th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Hope he chooses Montana St. :nod:

Brent
August 12th, 2005, 10:32 AM
No word from Texas State's side if Parrish or Travis Leitko have landed in San Marcos from South Bend.

Parrish has a connection at Tx State with current Bobcat wide receiver Markee White, they both played at Long Beach Poly HS.

The Bobcats currently have 2 players on the roster from southern California.

Leitko played high school football in the Houston area and was once recruited by current Bobcat HC, David Bailiff while he was the DC at TCU.

blackfordpu
August 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
We could use him in Huntsville but I have a feeling he will go with Montana St.