PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris Adds 20 More Recruits

rmutv
May 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
This adds to the 13 signed earlier in the year.

From the official RMU website:

http://www.rmucolonials.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13900&ATCLID=900201

Moon Township, Pa. - The Robert Morris University football program has announced that an additional 20 players have agreed to continue their careers for head coach Joe Walton and the Colonials. Among the new additions to the RMU roster are nine from Pennsylvania, including eight from the WPIAL, five from Ohio, two from Delaware and one each from Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts and West Virginia.

Joining Robert Morris in 2007 from Pennsylvania are free safety Shane Bartolomeo (Bridgeville, Pa. / South Fayette), defensive end Ryan Catley (Aliquippa, Pa. / Hopewell), kicker Andrew Coughenour (Somerset, Pa. / Somerset Area), defensive tackle Steve Gabert (Moon Township, Pa. / Moon), running back / defensive back Josh Keil (Valencia, Pa. / Mars Area), defensive lineman Mike Lovely (Pittsburgh, Pa. / Keystone Oaks), linebacker Ryan Nearhoof (Gibsonia, Pa. / Mars Area), wide receiver Lance Patterson (Turtle Creek, Pa. / Woodland Hills) and punter Dominic Pressuti (Imperial, Pa. / West Allegheny).

Joining the Colonials from the state of Ohio are wide receiver Brian Cogswell (Westerville, Ohio / Westerville Central), linebacker Nick England (Pickerington, Ohio / Pickerington Central), offensive lineman Ryan Kuczykowski (Steubenville, Ohio / Catholic Central), wide receiver /defensive back Tyler Overton (Columbus, Ohio / Westerville Central) and linebacker J.T. Thomas (Pickerington, Ohio / Pickerington Central).

Rounding out the list of recruits for Robert Morris is running back Michael Blanchard (Miami, Fla. / Mater Academy), linebacker Michael Koker (Stoughton, Mass. / Stoughton), running back Jeff Link (Cumberland, Md. / Allegany), kicker Nick Schirtzinger (Hurricane, W.Va. / Hurricane), defensive end Chris Roberts (Bear, Del. / Caravel Academy) and defensive back / running back James Snider (Newark, Del. / Valley Forge Military Academy).

-----

You can read the details of the players by clicking on the link.

Calif_Colonial
May 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM
33 recruits for 2007. Wow, is this the largest class next to our first year in 1993? We have been getting recruits from some of the best High School programs in Western Pa. I like it! I hope the summer goes by fast. xthumbsupx

rmutv
May 25th, 2007, 09:27 PM
33 recruits for 2007. Wow, is this the largest class next to our first year in 1993? We have been getting recruits from some of the best High School programs in Western Pa. I like it! I hope the summer goes by fast. xthumbsupx

It's a deep class but there were quite a few quality seniors lost last year and there will be more lost this year. Ray Gensler, Matt Brunck, Jarvis Powers, and Brian Pruitt headlined the graduates last year. Mario Hines, Alvin Hill, Chad Wengert, and James Kazil headline the graduates this year.

That's eight impact players on both sides of the football. I'm just glad to see the diverse recruiting class, especially in the fact that Walton continues to pump the Western PA, Florida, Ohio, and Maryland pipelines.

Plus he went into Delaware and stole a couple interesting kids there, too!

Calif_Colonial
May 25th, 2007, 10:00 PM
It will be hard to replace the play of the seniors you have mentioned, that's for sure. I made it back to Moon 3 of their 4 years to watch them play. Even in the games we lost they stood out with some outstanding play. I will be back for the Hall of Fame day for the VMI game. Then for Homecoming the next week as Wagner comes to JWS. Later,

rmutv
May 26th, 2007, 12:44 AM
It will be hard to replace the play of the seniors you have mentioned, that's for sure. I made it back to Moon 3 of their 4 years to watch them play. Even in the games we lost they stood out with some outstanding play. I will be back for the Hall of Fame day for the VMI game. Then for Homecoming the next week as Wagner comes to JWS. Later,

I'm excited for the VMI game. I always like seeing fresh teams come to RMU.

We've got a great slate of broadcasts set up, too. Only bumped by FSN-Pittsburgh once - St. Francis game - so we'll be all over the Colonials and I'll be in customary spot in the booth doing play-by-play.

Seawolf97
May 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Thats a good size group coming in . GOOD LUCK in 2007!