PDA

View Full Version : Seven FCS Coaches Selected For Coaching Academy

TexasTerror
May 23rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
From the NCAA, a release about the football coaches selected for the NCAA Expert Coaches Academy -- part of the NCAA's effort to address the shortage of Div I head coaches who are minorities...

Expert coaches academy selected
May 23, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has selected 26 football coaches for the 2007 NCAA Expert Coaches Academy, which takes place May 31-June 2 at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa in Miami, Florida.

The Expert Coaches Academy is an NCAA program that addresses the critical shortage of ethnic minorities in head coaching positions in the sport of college football, primarily at the Division I level. Of the current 117 Division I-A head football coaches, seven are African-American. Three percent of head football coaches in all NCAA divisions are ethnic minorities, excluding the historically black colleges and universities.

FCS Coaches Selected
Rick Comegy, Jackson State University, head coach

Renato Diaz, Florida A&M University, assistant football coach/recruiting coordinator

Heishma Northern, Prairie View A&M University, defensive coordinator

Tony Pierce, Alabama State University, assistant head coach/defensive coordinator

Donovan Rose, Hampton University, assistant head coach

Vincent White, Southeast Missouri State University, assistant head coach/offensive coordinator

Gerard Wilcher, Lehigh University, assistant football coach

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/story/10193636

Go...gate
May 27th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Good to see Ric Comegy in there. He was well-regarded when at Colgate.

bcrawf
May 27th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Your list is missing Atif Austin- Running Backs Coach at UNI...

Lehigh Football Nation
May 27th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Good to see coach Wilcher on there. Originally on coach Lembo's staff, he's a very good defensive coach for us and happily is doing well at Lehigh. xhurrayx

813Jag
May 28th, 2007, 07:30 AM
From the NCAA, a release about the football coaches selected for the NCAA Expert Coaches Academy -- part of the NCAA's effort to address the shortage of Div I head coaches who are minorities...

Expert coaches academy selected
May 23, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has selected 26 football coaches for the 2007 NCAA Expert Coaches Academy, which takes place May 31-June 2 at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa in Miami, Florida.

The Expert Coaches Academy is an NCAA program that addresses the critical shortage of ethnic minorities in head coaching positions in the sport of college football, primarily at the Division I level. Of the current 117 Division I-A head football coaches, seven are African-American. Three percent of head football coaches in all NCAA divisions are ethnic minorities, excluding the historically black colleges and universities.

FCS Coaches Selected
Rick Comegy, Jackson State University, head coach

Renato Diaz, Florida A&M University, assistant football coach/recruiting coordinator

Heishma Northern, Prairie View A&M University, defensive coordinator

Tony Pierce, Alabama State University, assistant head coach/defensive coordinator

Donovan Rose, Hampton University, assistant head coach

Vincent White, Southeast Missouri State University, assistant head coach/offensive coordinator

Gerard Wilcher, Lehigh University, assistant football coach

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/story/10193636

Heish has been doing a great job, everywhere he's been. It's good to see a former Jag doing well.