PDA

View Full Version : TXST: Returning

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 12:45 AM
Since TT doesn't care to talk Bobcat football in his write ups I'll update what's taken place with the Bobcat's Student athletes.

Seven Bobcat Student-Athletes Recognized by Publication

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042507aaa.html

Seven Bobcat Student-Athletes Recognized by Publication

Football's Clark named first-team Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar

April 25, 2007

SAN MARCOS - Texas State University had seven student-athletes recognized by Diverse Issues in Higher Education as the publication released its 2007 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar awards.

Inspired by Ashe's commitment to education as well as his love of the game of tennis, the awards recognize student-athletes of color who not only exhibit academic excellence but also community activism. Nominees must have at least a cumulative 3.2 grade point average.

Texas State defensive end Nick Clark, who will be a senior this season, was named to the magazine's football first team. He carried a 4.00 grade point average last fall and has a cumulative 3.74 grade point average.

Clark ranked 10th on the team in tackles with 31 total stops, including a quarterback sack and 3.5 tackles for lost yards. He also had two quarterback hurries, a pass deflection and a pass breakup. The Fort Worth native is a three-year starter and during his career has tallied 121 tackles.

Clark is a math major who is a two-time Southland Conference/Capital One Academic All-Conference Team selection.

Texas State senior defensive back Walter Musgrove was a second-team pick on the Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars Football Team while Nate Langford was a third-team honoree. Also named third team was cross country athlete Eric Sheppard. Women's track and field performer Sara Olayiwola and soccer midfielder Jerelyn Lemmie were fourth-team selections for their respective sports while Joyce Ekworomadu was named to the women's basketball honorable mention squad.

Follow link above for rest of article.

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
D-Line Returns Experience

March 20, 2007

SAN MARCOS - Developing strong fundamentals along with learning new terminology and schemes continued as Texas State went through its second practice of the spring on Tuesday.

One position which could be a strong suit for the Bobcats in the fall is the defensive line where returning starters Ramel Borner, Nick Clark and Nate Langford all return for their senior seasons. Clifford Gardner, Travis Houston and Donovan King all return with plenty of experience while Wellington Deshield has earned a medical red-shirt year after a knee injury ended his season early in 2006.

"Our defensive line specifically is an older group and a more experienced group," said co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach Kyle Tietz. "For them, a lot of what we are doing is staying the same. We expect to see quick leadership from those guys both from the standpoint of being playmakers on the field and to stepping into a leadership role.

"We have a very solid group of guys who have seen a lot of playing time. I'm not good enough to watch all four players on the field at once. I rely on them a lot to be coaches on the field and they have done a good job of doing that."

Texas State continued to focus on hard work during Tuesday's practice.

"We would like to see great effort in everything we do," Tietz said. "We understand that everything we do right now is new and if we are going to make mistakes we know we can still make mistakes at full speed."

The Bobcats will be off the practice field on Wednesday as the program plays host to Pro Timing Day in Bobcat Stadium at 4 p.m. Texas State will hold its third spring practice on Thursday as the squad dons shoulder pads for the first time. The `Cats will also practice Friday afternoon to cap the first week of spring.

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 12:58 AM
March 27, 2007

SAN MARCOS - Texas State began the second week of spring drills with its second practice in full pads on Tuesday.

"They got after it. We had good effort and it was aggressive," said first-year coach Brad Wright. "When you are playing against one another, either the offense or the defense is going to have a good day and today was the offense's day."

Tuesday's workout is part of an adjusted workout this week. The Bobcats will practice next on Thursday at 3 p.m. before a light workout on Friday. The squad will have its first full-scale scrimmage Saturday at 1 p.m.

Texas State continues to implement both new offensive and defensive schemes.

"We are learning new things on offense and defense and the learning curve is definitely headed in the right direction," Wright said. "You don't know how fast this team is going to adjust to the changes. We're making good progress and we will continue to get better."

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 01:09 AM
Bobcats go through 104-play workout

March 31, 2007

SAN MARCOS - Texas State returning sophomore quarterback Bradley George completed 11-of-20 passes for 180 yards while red-shirt freshman running back Karrington Bush accounted for 114 combined rushing and receiving yards as the Bobcats scrimmaged Saturday.

The Bobcats covered everything from down-and-distance to driving the football to red zone work during the 104-play workout.

"It really was a great scrimmage," said Texas State coach Brad Wright. "We had big plays on offense and we had big plays on defense. This is the first time I can remember since we have been here we came back at the end. Instead of dying at the end, you saw guys at the end picking it up and trying to get better."

The scrimmage started with George throwing a 40-yard pass to sophomore receiver Alex Darley. The workout went on to be fairly balanced as the Bobcats ran the ball about 60 percent of the time and showed several new wrinkles including the wide receivers becoming involved as running threats.

"We are going to be a lot less predictable in what we do," Wright said. "The reverses and jet sweeps are not trick plays. They are going to be part of our offense."

At one point of the scrimmage, George completed three 20+ yard passes in a row. He found Adrian Thomas open for 23 yards then later hit Bush for gains of 38 and 20 yards. Bush also had 10 carries for 60 yards. George would see limited action during the second half of the scrimmage.

"We didn't give Bradley a lot of reps because we are pretty sure he can do what we need him to do. We know he can play," Wright said. "We were able to get (Clint) Toon and (Eric) Johnson a lot of reps today. They did a good job too."

Toon last played at Kilgore Junior College while Johnson was a mid-year transfer from SMU.

Defensively, Kevin Odelusi came up with a tackle for lost yardage on a third-and-one play and later had a quarterback sack.

Texas State sat out several players because of injuries including defensive interior linemen Wellington Deshield, Donovan King and Orlando Toldson. Still, the Bobcats are on their way to building depth across the board this spring.

"I think where we are better than where we have been in the past is the sheer numbers we have in terms of running backs and quarterbacks and offensive linemen," Wright said. "We're a little thin at defensive line because of a couple injuries but overall we have pretty decent numbers. When guys are fresh and learning, they learn better.

"We went through a strange week because of the rain and not being able to practice a couple days. But all and all, I thought we had a heckuva effort today."

Texas State is back on the practice field Monday to start a week in which the squad is slated to work out four times. The spring season culminates with the Maroon and Gold Game on April 14.

Mr. C
May 22nd, 2007, 01:56 AM
Texas Cat, that was a real cheap shot on a well-written column by our friend at CSN, Texas Terror. Let's keep the smack on the smack board, please. When I read the Southland column, it had stuff on ALL of the teams in the conference. If you want to post information on what's going on with your program, just do it without the rivalry crap.

Fresno St. Alum
May 22nd, 2007, 02:00 AM
TT & Mr.C are the main men when I need info on schools.

Keep doing what you're doing TT

PantherRob82
May 22nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
Texas Cat, that was a real cheap shot on a well-written column by our friend at CSN, Texas Terror. Let's keep the smack on the smack board, please. When I read the Southland column, it had stuff on ALL of the teams in the conference. If you want to post information on what's going on with your program, just do it without the rivalry crap.

right on. xthumbsupx

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 02:07 AM
xsmhx

TT is not afraid to call out University representatives and Members of our ASG on the thread regarding the move to FBS. I think he has low morals to talk trash about individuals not on this site able defend them selves or thier actions. Read the thread if you don't know what I am talking about. xnonox His feelings for TXST go beyond Athletics and Rivalry. Visit any BF.com fan site and read some of hist post. It's almost obsesive.

Mr. C
May 22nd, 2007, 02:13 AM
That thread has NOTHING to do with the column he wrote that YOU criticized. Like I said, it was a cheap shot. There are a lot of us around FCS that think your school is nuts for discussing a move to FBS, not just Texas Terror.

Now if you want to discuss the legitimate Texas State stuff you posted, please proceed.

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 02:27 AM
That thread has NOTHING to do with the column he wrote that YOU criticized. Like I said, it was a cheap shot. There are a lot of us around FCS that think your school is nuts for discussing a move to FBS, not just Texas Terror.

Now if you want to discuss the legitimate Texas State stuff you posted, please proceed.

You said I took a cheep shot. I just stated a fact and corrected you. I never said the article was bad. If he doesn't care to talk about the better parts of TXST football then fine by me. I just thought I'd post info on here for others to read so they can see there is more to the SLC than McNeese and SAM.

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 02:41 AM
Level-headed Bobcat

New coach, new scheme? Thomas isn’t too worried

By Bart Isley
Daily Record Sports
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archivesearch/local_story_090144206.html
San Marcos — Adrian Thomas had been through this whole thing before.

A head coach leaves a program and several assistants stick around to pick up the pieces while a host of new coaches also arrive and change the dynamic of the program by their very presence.

That’s why when he heard this spring that David Bailiff was leaving for Rice, his initial thought wasn’t “Congratulations coach.” It was “Oh no.”

more...........

Mr. C
May 22nd, 2007, 03:25 AM
You said I took a cheep shot. I just stated a fact and corrected you. I never said the article was bad. If he doesn't care to talk about the better parts of TXST football then fine by me. I just thought I'd post info on here for others to read so they can see there is more to the SLC than McNeese and SAM.
You didn't correct me on ANYTHING. He talked about EVERY team in the Southland. Just post the articles without the other crap and everyone will be able to go on from there. There are few FCS rivalries that bug me more on AGS than the eternal, pointless snipping between Texas State and Sam Houston State.
xbangx xbangx xbangx

NSUDemon98
May 22nd, 2007, 07:28 AM

Let's not confuse opinion with fact...even if they are own.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
I feel that I have been giving coverage to all the SLC schools...

Last article, I mentioned Cal Poly vs TXST as another game to keep an eye on (though outside of the top four OOC games IMO, namely because it is overlooked due to a very attractive Portland St-McNeese game that same week)...though I made sure to mention that Portland State will be "a tough test for the Pokes, who will see their share of signal callers including the arm of Bradley George of Texas State, a team that has given McNeese their fair share of troubles in recent years."

Mentioned the FBS move briefly in the second column as well in the Lagniappe section. I did not want to devote a column to TXST's move to FBS. I had originally planned to go in that direction, but I felt that topics that cover FCS should get more coverage.

Out of conference scheduling has such a large part in playoff opportunities, the CSN Game of the Week Voting and doing your polls. This was something FCS fans want to know about the SLC, especially since they know our conference's OOC slates pretty much kept them out last year due to all those FBS games.

An example of the importance of scheduling is Montana's easy schedule for instance is why I tabbed them #2 behind AppSt over a NDSU team that I had originally had that high. The Bison have SFA and SHSU, two schools that could give the Bison a good game, as mentioned in the column.

I read all the SLC boards each day (yours is one of my favorites) and official school athletic web sites, to get anything and everything SLC related I can to stay on top of things. I also surf a few boards of regional interest (i.e D2 message board) to gather even more related to this region as a whole for football.

Your school will get coverage. It's tough to do each school justice. I hope to do that in the SLC preview for the CSN magazine in which I have to break down each team. While McNeese is obviously the favorite and has two preseason All-American candidates worth giving some love to, there are definitely play-makers and stories at the other schools worth giving very good coverage to. Once we get into the season, there'll definitely more and more coverage of the schools that is not provided during the off-season as much especially if things are quiet.

patssle
May 22nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
There are few FCS rivalries that bug me more on AGS than the eternal, pointless snipping between Texas State and Sam Houston State.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Its an obsession. They have their own emoticon, actually more than 1, that features SHSU on their own message board!

TheRiver
May 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
TT gets to write his Story which is great, let him do what he want with it, if you want to give TXST, Coverage then do it, but don't act like TT has to appeal to everyone.

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with TT views, on TxSt and SFA, and is very good a spinning story, by looking from the out side in.

I do like reading on the SLC, So keep the stories coming I don't have the time to look up or read every message board or newspaper column.

So Thanks for the info everyone.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Don't get me wrong I don't agree with TT views, on TxSt and SFA, and is very good a spinning story, by looking from the out side in.

What are my views on SFA?

They got a pretty good team led by a senior QB Danny Southall. I really don't see them being any worse than 4th in the SLC this year and that's because Sam has continued to have their number and I think McNeese is better. Will a Texas State or Northwestern State leap over SFA? I'd beg to say that one of them will do.

I have a tough time discounting a team that has some pretty good pieces of the puzzle in place for this coming year. SFA is going to be a tough team to beat in Nacogdoches this year. Problem is their OOC is going to be rough with games at NDSU and SDSU. If they come out of the OOC play with a 3-1 record, we'll all be in trouble come SLC time.

Great depth at WR and a solid RB in the backfield. Defense brings some questions, but SFA is a tough team this coming season.

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 22nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
xsmhx

TT is not afraid to call out University representatives and Members of our ASG on the thread regarding the move to FBS. I think he has low morals to talk trash about individuals not on this site able defend them selves or thier actions. Read the thread if you don't know what I am talking about. xnonox His feelings for TXST go beyond Athletics and Rivalry. Visit any BF.com fan site and read some of hist post. It's almost obsesive.

exactly, txst_cat. i'm feelin you from that perspective.

but, TT did provide some info on TxSt. i do enjoy reading most of the non--TT written articles about Texas State (because they aren't littered with bias) but you have to realize that TT can't really post every article written about every team in the SLC. well, i guess he could, but that'd be...crazy.

given that, i think if we received more publicity and people really realized what TxSt. had coming back, we wouldn't be picked 5th in the SLC (based on the AGS poll). but, that's not TT's fault (IMO); as bobcats, we should feel a sense of obligation to provide others with this information ourselves (though it does seem easier knowing that TT, who posts everything, will probably get to it eventually).

but anyways, i like the role of underdog, and that role seems to work in the unpredictable SLC.

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 22nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
just a random question, but is this internet "rivalry" all because of the damn name change? cuz if it is, that's pathetic.

people change. institutions change. move on. none of us had anything to do with it.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
xsmhx

Correction...I do not call out university administration. I'm not one to say anything about Teis or Trauth. If I am not mistaken, the BobcatFans board is full of negative remarks towards Teis and Trauth with numerous threads asking them to step down, criticizing everything they do and so forth.

I have no ill feelings towards either individual and actually support them in going about any move to FBS the proper way instead of rushing it in the manners sought by the DI by J1 coalition. There is a reason so many people want to move up and I can understand where they are coming from. Do they understand where the administration stand? I think fans who take the time to realize what they may be committing to will realize that June 2008 is a better date.

As it relates to members of your ASG (student government), I've confronted them on their turf and given them an opportunity to defend themselves. I'm still waiting for Justin Fischer's response to one post on your board regarding his fundamental misunderstanding of your school's support for the name change.

Additionally, colleagues of mine from around the system have made legislation directed at the unethical actions in a show of solidarity against similar actions to those of the individuals who ran your student government (which was covered in your school newspaper). I am not a fan of unethical actions, especially when they are used for the benefit of few. Luckily for your institution, the students went a different direction this past year and did not support a MAP-backed group.

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Correction...I do not call out university administration. I'm not one to say anything about Teis or Trauth. If I am not mistaken, the BobcatFans board is full of negative remarks towards Teis and Trauth with numerous threads asking them to step down, criticizing everything they do and so forth.

I have no ill feelings towards either individual and actually support them in going about any move to FBS the proper way instead of rushing it in the manners sought by the DI by J1 coalition. There is a reason so many people want to move up and I can understand where they are coming from. Do they understand where the administration stand? I think fans who take the time to realize what they may be committing to will realize that June 2008 is a better date.

As it relates to members of your ASG (student government), I've confronted them on their turf and given them an opportunity to defend themselves. I'm still waiting for Justin Fischer's response to one post on your board regarding his fundamental misunderstanding of your school's support for the name change.

Additionally, colleagues of mine from around the system have made legislation directed at the unethical actions in a show of solidarity against similar actions to those of the individuals who ran your student government (which was covered in your school newspaper). I am not a fan of unethical actions, especially when they are used for the benefit of few. Luckily for your institution, the students went a different direction this past year and did not support a MAP-backed group.

why are we still talking about the damn name change???? seriously, that was like 4 years ago--get da f#$@ over it.

xdeadhorsex

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM

Enough said. As I Mentioned your comment was only part of the reason I made this tread the other was as others mentioned it is up to the TXST Fans to inform others about our accomplishments.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
why are we still talking about the damn name change???? seriously, that was like 4 years ago--get da f#$@ over it.

Yes, while unethical moves were done during the name change -- I was also referring to the unethical actions were made this past year -- see University Star for more on ASG/MAP.

Now, let's get back to football talk...xthumbsupx

What do you guys think the Bobcats will do OOC? Abilene Christian, you'd assume would be a win. I guess we'll learn a lot about TXST against Cal Poly. A probable loss there I'd expect for the 'Cats, with the 'Cats most likely splitting or going 0-2 against Baylor and South Dakota State. I really think 2-2 or 1-3 is in the offings for the 'Cats unless they can pull off a big win on the road in Brookings or hold their turf against Cal Poly.

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
talking about Change TXST will have a whole new offense and Defense this year. The offense will have a better running game that will rely on speed(TXST has a lot of) and misdirection. The Defense will also rely on Speed converting the 4-2-5 Bailiff introduced to the the 4-3 Flex or Desert swarm if you may. I think both will be exciting and will improve our chances at winning a conference title this year.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
talking about Change TXST will have a whole new offense and Defense this year. The offense will have a better running game that will rely on speed(TXST has a lot of) and misdirection. The Defense will also rely on Speed converting the 4-2-5 Bailiff introduced to the the 4-3 Flex or Desert swarm if you may. I think both will be exciting and will improve our chances at winning a conference title this year.

Discussing Bailiff briefly, he's really done a great job at Rice. He's doing some good recruiting for the Owls from what I've been reading on their boards. I hope he can continue the good momentum at Rice and with an easier schedule, they can begin building their program together.

slycat
May 22nd, 2007, 02:32 PM
Yes, while unethical moves were done during the name change -- I was also referring to the unethical actions were made this past year -- see University Star for more on ASG/MAP.

Now, let's get back to football talk...xthumbsupx

What do you guys think the Bobcats will do OOC? Abilene Christian, you'd assume would be a win. I guess we'll learn a lot about TXST against Cal Poly. A probable loss there I'd expect for the 'Cats, with the 'Cats most likely splitting or going 0-2 against Baylor and South Dakota State. I really think 2-2 or 1-3 is in the offings for the 'Cats unless they can pull off a big win on the road in Brookings or hold their turf against Cal Poly.

i think we will lose a close one to cal poly. being at home will help but trying to get the new offense and defensive schemes into motion will start out slow. i think we will pick up the win against ACU but they were great last year as a DII school. i have no idea what they are returning though. baylor will be close i think since they have a young new qb and lose their wr and rb. they have strong lb though and a decent defense. sdsu will be tough as well since its on the road. i expect a good game. as TT said though i expect to go 1-3 or 2-2. any better and ill be shocked.

Spooney-Cat
May 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
i think we will lose a close one to cal poly. being at home will help but trying to get the new offense and defensive schemes into motion will start out slow. i think we will pick up the win against ACU but they were great last year as a DII school. i have no idea what they are returning though. baylor will be close i think since they have a young new qb and lose their wr and rb. they have strong lb though and a decent defense. sdsu will be tough as well since its on the road. i expect a good game. as TT said though i expect to go 1-3 or 2-2. any better and ill be shocked.

I also agree with TT on this..

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cal-Poly is in the Same boat as TXST, They are undergoing scheme changes. They will be running a different defense as well as personel changes. TXST will have thier system down. Brad Wright is all about discipline and knows this team can win big games. A better running game, better defensive scheme, better offensive fit for Brad George(QB) will help TXST start their season 3-1, 2-2.

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
i don't see why we just don't run it 40-50 times a game. we only have...86 running backs. haha

McNeese75
May 22nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
i don't see why we just don't run it 40-50 times a game. we only have...86 running backs. haha

I'll vote for that:D

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM

It's going to be fun trying to figure out who will be getting the ball on each play Stan, Alvin or Karrington Bush . Especialy if all three are on the field at the same time. This new offense should be dangerous with all the speed we have on offense.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM

A very talented group of backs for the Bobcats. No question there...

If the 'Cats and Colonels mixed it up and the 'Cats were running 40-50 times a game, that'd be a fast ball game! xreadx

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
I'll vote for that:D

Some say our new offense will be as difficult as the triple option to defend. It wil be simmilar to the Old Deleware Wing-T but with modern wrinkles.

McNeese75
May 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Some say our new offense will be as difficult as the triple option to defend. It wil be simmilar to the Old Deleware Wing-T but with modern wrinkles.

That's what I said, I'LL VOTE FOR THAT!!! xnodx

I do not have the stats handy but I have seen McNeese beat
Triple O teams pretty consistently and they own wins against that Delaware Wing-T the last two times we faced it (it's no longer being used by the Hens of couse).

Historically, you more likely to beat the Pokes by passing than by running. I know you have some fast backs but our defense will be fairly fleet of foot as well xnodx

Soooo, bring on the run :D

TXST_CAT
May 23rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
That's what I said, I'LL VOTE FOR THAT!!! xnodx

I do not have the stats handy but I have seen McNeese beat
Triple O teams pretty consistently and they own wins against that Delaware Wing-T the last two times we faced it (it's no longer being used by the Hens of couse).

Historically, you more likely to beat the Pokes by passing than by running. I know you have some fast backs but our defense will be fairly fleet of foot as well xnodx

Soooo, bring on the run :D

Modern Wrinkles = Spread Passing Game xsmiley_wix xwhistlex

McNeese75
May 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM

xeekx Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooo :D

Should be fun!!! xnodx

TXST_CAT
May 25th, 2007, 01:27 AM
xeekx Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooo :D

Should be fun!!! xnodx

Considering you guys will be seeing the same offensive personel...Returners in BOLD

Texas State Team Game-by-Game (FINAL)
|---RUSHING---| |--RECEIVING--| |-------PASSING-------| |--KICK RET--| |--PUNT RET--| All
Oct 14, 2006 at McNeese State....... 35 123 0 20 12 201 3 47 23- 12- 0 201 3 47 2 23 0 13 0 0 0 0 447

The Automated ScoreBook
Texas State Overall Individual Statistics (FINAL)
All games

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
Zwinggi, Stan 11 131 769 34 735 5.6 3 49 66.8
Wasson, Chase 11 65 394 36 358 5.5 5 42 32.5
Canady, Alvin 9 44 238 5 233 5.3 1 41 25.9
Jolly, Daniel 9 46 211 24 187 4.1 3 51 20.8
George, Bradley 10 45 180 76 104 2.3 0 21 10.4
Gold, Greg 6 10 39 10 29 2.9 0 7 4.8
Aston, James 6 5 11 0 11 2.2 1 4 1.8
Darley, Alex 11 1 4 0 4 4.0 0 4 0.4
TEAM 4 3 0 4 -4 -1.3 0 0 -1.0
Crosby, Morris 10 1 0 4 -4 -4.0 0 0 -0.4
Total.......... 11 351 1846 193 1653 4.7 13 51 150.3
Opponents...... 11 388 1986 281 1705 4.4 12 74 155.0

PASSING GP Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
--------------------------------------------------------------------
George, Bradley 10 120.64 233-124-10 53.2 1676 11 83 167.6
Wasson, Chase 11 102.84 82-44-5 53.7 442 4 80 40.2
MacDonald, Chris 11 0.00 2-0-0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0
Crosby, Morris 10 672.40 2-2-0 100.0 97 1 50 9.7
TEAM 4 0.00 1-0-0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0
Total.......... 11 118.39 320-170-15 53.1 2215 16 83 201.4
Opponents...... 11 127.84 305-167-10 54.8 2224 17 71 202.2

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------
Wasson, Chase 11 27 380 14.1 3 50 34.5
Crosby, Morris 10 25 391 15.6 3 73 39.1
Dunk, Galen 11 18 138 7.7 0 17 12.5
Scott, Tyrone 10 15 170 11.3 1 23 17.0
Canady, Alvin 9 14 229 16.4 2 83 25.4
Zwinggi, Stan 11 12 159 13.2 1 80 14.5
Darley, Alex 11 11 233 21.2 1 37 21.2
Thomas, Adrian 9 11 188 17.1 0 47 20.9
Miller, Ronnie 9 11 102 9.3 0 19 11.3
Luke, Cameron 9 9 128 14.2 3 29 14.2
Burton, Blake 8 6 38 6.3 2 13 4.8
Jolly, Daniel 9 5 26 5.2 0 14 2.9
McCorkle, Andre 5 3 7 2.3 0 5 1.4
Ford, John 5 1 23 23.0 0 23 4.6
Gilley, John 6 1 3 3.0 0 3 0.5
Cook, Clellan 5 1 0 0.0 0 0 0.0Total.......... 11 170 2215 13.0 16 83 201.4
Opponents...... 11 167 2224 13.3 17 71 202.2

it should be lots of Fun!!!xsmiley_wix

McNeese75
May 25th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Following are the stats for the 2006 game. Seems to me all we really need to do is take care of certain areas and we should be just fine. (Wasson was the main playmaker for the Cats last year! xnodx )

Team Stat Comparison TSU McN

1st Downs 18 24
3rd down efficiency 6-14 5-9
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-1
Total Yards 324 388
Passing 201 229
Comp-Att 12-23 20-34
Yards per pass 8.7 6.7
Rushing 123 159
Rushing Attempts 35 30
Yards per rush 3.5 5.3
Penalties 6-45 7-69
Turnovers 0 6
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 0 5
Possession 33:39 26:21
Final score 27 17

McNeese75
May 25th, 2007, 10:57 PM

Doesn't the spread offense require the QB to run? Who is going to do that?

TXST_CAT
May 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Doesn't the spread offense require the QB to run? Who is going to do that?

That would be true if you're running the Spread not our Hybrid Offense. Besides why would he need to run the ball when he moves the ball so well through the air. This offense was built around our speedy RBs/WRs and pocket passer QB. And Yes last year was his freshman year. xsmiley_wix

2006 Southland Conference Football Individual Statistics FINAL

TOTAL OFFENSE Team Cl G Rush Pass Plays Total Yds/G
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Southall, Danny..... SFA JR 11 418 1877 403 2295 208.6
2. George, Bradley..... TXST FR 10 104 1676 278 1780 178.0
3. Hicks, Brett........ SHSU JR 11 -46 1773 295 1727 157.0
4. Fourroux, Derri..... MCN FR 12 377 1490 340 1867 155.6
5. Terry, D.D.......... SHSU SR 10 1328 0 215 1328 132.8
6. Babin, Seth......... SLU SR 10 28 1117 251 1145 114.5
7. Schlosser, Brad..... SLU FR 8 -68 940 184 872 109.0
8. Charpentier, Ro..... NWLA SO 10 27 837 199 864 86.4
9. Montgomery, Vin..... NICH FR 9 408 358 158 766 85.1
10.Lawrence, Byron..... NWLA SO 11 821 0 187 821 74.6

McNeese75
May 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM
That would be true if you're running the Spread not our Hybrid Offense. Besides why would he need to run the ball when he moves the ball so well through the air. This offense was built around our speedy RBs/WRs and pocket passer QB. And Yes last year was his freshman year. xsmiley_wix

2006 Southland Conference Football Individual Statistics FINAL

TOTAL OFFENSE Team Cl G Rush Pass Plays Total Yds/G
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Southall, Danny..... SFA JR 11 418 1877 403 2295 208.6
2. George, Bradley..... TXST FR 10 104 1676 278 1780 178.0
3. Hicks, Brett........ SHSU JR 11 -46 1773 295 1727 157.0
4. Fourroux, Derri..... MCN FR 12 377 1490 340 1867 155.6
5. Terry, D.D.......... SHSU SR 10 1328 0 215 1328 132.8
6. Babin, Seth......... SLU SR 10 28 1117 251 1145 114.5
7. Schlosser, Brad..... SLU FR 8 -68 940 184 872 109.0
8. Charpentier, Ro..... NWLA SO 10 27 837 199 864 86.4
9. Montgomery, Vin..... NICH FR 9 408 358 158 766 85.1
10.Lawrence, Byron..... NWLA SO 11 821 0 187 821 74.6

Hummmm, new offensive and defensive schemes being put in this year. Good luck!!!xwhistlex

TXST_CAT
May 26th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hummmm, new offensive and defensive schemes being put in this year. Good luck!!!xwhistlex

Not completely new, more like adding to something that we've been doing already. Remember our OC and HC have been with the program for four years already. They know they need to get the ball to the playmakers and beef up our running game, and that's what they're doing. They are building on an already effective passing game(spread) and adding a new running scheme. Over all this new offense will allow more RB's to have more touches and require defenses to respect our running game.

The defense will be going through some changes as well but those changes are not as major as you may think. Let's just say we won't be giving up as many deep passes as we have in the past.

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2007, 07:53 AM
Tick tock...

Tick tock...

Today is the last day for TXST to announce an FBS move...

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 31st, 2007, 08:22 AM
it won't happen. yay!

(well, at least i hope not)

PantherRob82
May 31st, 2007, 09:27 AM
The clock keeps running. Every minute without an announcement, the better.

slycat
May 31st, 2007, 04:08 PM
it won't happen. yay!

(well, at least i hope not)

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

chrisattsu
May 31st, 2007, 05:01 PM
It's 5:00 in Texas and still no announcement.

I guess we will continue to compete for a National Championship (aw shucks...)

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2007, 05:44 PM
I guess we will continue to compete for a National Championship (aw shucks...)

Most TXST fans don't want to compete for a national championship...

They want to participate in the only NCAA sponsored sport (outside of the emerging ones) that does not have a recognized champion...

PantherRob82
May 31st, 2007, 06:31 PM
crazy stuff. wonder where this leaves things.

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 31st, 2007, 09:09 PM
Most TXST fans don't want to compete for a national championship...

They want to participate in the only NCAA sponsored sport (outside of the emerging ones) that does not have a recognized champion...

that's an awfully bold statement from someone outside the university (and program). i'd say that the SENSIBLE fans (and i'm not counting those who just want to go FBS so we can possibly play UT-Austin) are about...65/35 in favor of staying.xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2007, 09:33 PM
that's an awfully bold statement from someone outside the university (and program). i'd say that the SENSIBLE fans (and i'm not counting those who just want to go FBS so we can possibly play UT-Austin) are about...65/35 in favor of staying.xthumbsupx

It just seems like it's really overwhelming in favor of going to FBS...

I'm just not sure how sensible your fan base is, especially since a lot of the people in the DIJI group are former leaders on campus and current leaders in the community...

slycat
June 1st, 2007, 06:14 PM
yay its june 1st and nothing happened with the FBS move. xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx