PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to all the FCS/I-AA Champions on the Helmet Project

Fresno St. Alum
May 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
Here's the link, also a nice history lesson
http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ch_ncaaiaa.htm

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2007, 06:02 PM
Last I checked...NE Louisiana was not the Warhawks when they won the NCAA Div I title in 1987...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/Louisiana-Monroe.gif

Fresno St. Alum
May 21st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah, they have all the current helmets on the FCS and the D-II championship tributes

PantherRob82
May 21st, 2007, 06:24 PM
Maybe they don't have all the helmets from the years the teams won their NC.

Fresno St. Alum
May 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM
yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

roanokeduke
May 22nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
nice website

bjtheflamesfan
May 22nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
If you look, of all the national champions on that page, 11 of them beat another team that won a national championship on that page (Im not counting the multiples)

texcap
May 22nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
If you look, of all the national champions on that page, 11 of them beat another team that won a national championship on that page (Im not counting the multiples)

I found it odd that there are so few teams that have played in the game that have not won a championship. There are 29 games represented on that page, which maens there are a total of 58 teams that played for the championship. Of the 58 that played, only 9 have not won the championship. The 9 that have played for, but not won a championship are: Lehigh, Western Carolina, LaTech, Arkansas State, Stephen F. Austin, Nevada, McNeese (twice), Colgate, and Northern Iowa. (I also find it odd that 3 (LaTech, Ark State and Neveda) of the 9 are no longer in the FBS.)

BigApp
May 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
I noticed with that layout (5 per row) that each row had one multiple winner.

Meaning, each 5 year span had one team that one 2 NC's in that 5-year span. Interesting.

NoCoDanny
May 22nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Is there a DII champions page? I'd find that infinitely more enjoyable for obvious reasons.

89Hen
May 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
I found it odd that there are so few teams that have played in the game that have not won a championship. There are 29 games represented on that page, which maens there are a total of 58 teams that played for the championship. Of the 58 that played, only 9 have not won the championship. The 9 that have played for, but not won a championship are: Lehigh, Western Carolina, LaTech, Arkansas State, Stephen F. Austin, Nevada, McNeese (twice), Colgate, and Northern Iowa. (I also find it odd that 3 (LaTech, Ark State and Neveda) of the 9 are no longer in the FBS.)
Careful tex, I'm responsible for posting all useless stats around here... I don't want to lose my job. xsmiley_wix

Fresno St. Alum
May 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Is there a DII champions page? I'd find that infinitely more enjoyable for obvious reasons.

Yes, I'll post it on the other sports section

LeopardFan04
May 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
I believe all the current helmets are used so that one can see the trends of how many times some teams have won. I think there's something stated like that on that page with the super bowl champs...

appfan2008
May 22nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
extremely interesting web page... i enjoyed it thouroghly... also who would you say had the 5 year run or 10 year run... i would say probably gsu from mid 80's to mid 90's for the 10 year while maybe marshall for the 5 year from 91 to 96