PDA

View Full Version : CSN Down South: Scheduling Out Your Southland Slate

TexasTerror
May 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM
http://collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/85799_DOWNSOUTH.jpg

Down South: Scheduling Out Your Southland Slate
Jason Plotkin, CSN Columnist
http://collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=85799

The Southland slate does not lack quality FCS inter-sectional games. The highest profile start to the season in the Southland comes when McNeese State hosts Portland State in Lake Charles on September 1st. The following two weeks feature two Texas teams from the SLC making the trek to Fargo, North Dakota to battle the Bison of North Dakota State. A continuation of a budding rivalry continues the following week, on September 22nd as Central Arkansas makes the trip to Springfield, Missouri to take on Missouri State.

slycat
May 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM
good stuff agian TT. always nice to get extra news on the slc.

TexasTerror
May 19th, 2007, 08:32 PM
good stuff agian TT. always nice to get extra news on the slc.

Let me know if you have any advice for the column. I'm a big proponent of giving all the additional coverage to the Southland that we can possibly get. It's a fun brand of football that I do not think most of the country is aware of as they focus more on the Gateway, SoCon and CAA. There's definitely some good football Down South...

TXST_CAT
May 20th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Let me know if you have any advice for the column. I'm a big proponent of giving all the additional coverage to the Southland that we can possibly get. It's a fun brand of football that I do not think most of the country is aware of as they focus more on the Gateway, SoCon and CAA. There's definitely some good football Down South...

Being a TXST fan I would have liked a little write up about the rematch between TXST and The Baylor Bears. The last time the Bobcats went to Waco,TX the nearly came out with a Win. It will be interesting to see how they match up this year.

TexasTerror
May 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Being a TXST fan I would have liked a little write up about the rematch between TXST and The Baylor Bears. The last time the Bobcats went to Waco,TX the nearly came out with a Win. It will be interesting to see how they match up this year.

Eh, I try to stray away from FBS vs FCS talk if I can, especially when talking about huge FCS intersectional games. ULL vs McN is a different case considering the long-standing rivalry in comparison to Baylor vs TXST, two programs that are vastly different than they were two years ago...

Seawolf97
May 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Good information for someone from the Northeast.

McNeese72
May 21st, 2007, 08:20 AM
http://collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/85799_DOWNSOUTH.jpg

Down South: Scheduling Out Your Southland Slate
Jason Plotkin, CSN Columnist
http://collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=85799

One note about the Lagniappe section. I think P. J. Brown was a WR recruit that never made it on campus before his accident. I don't think he ever played a down at a practice at McNeese. But that doesn't matter because he had signed to play with us so that made him a Cowboy and the Cowboy Club decided to help out with his medical expenses.

Doc

McNeeserocket
May 21st, 2007, 02:26 PM
One note about the Lagniappe section. I think P. J. Brown was a WR recruit that never made it on campus before his accident. I don't think he ever played a down at a practice at McNeese. But that doesn't matter because he had signed to play with us so that made him a Cowboy and the Cowboy Club decided to help out with his medical expenses. Doc

Actually P.J. Brown did make it on campus and almost finished his first semester. He practiced as a redshirt, but after the McNeese - Northwestern game in 2005 he left the game and was driving home when he was in his car wreck that has left him in a coma ever since.

He never played a down in a game at McNeese but the team remembers him every game. The Cowboy Club wanted to help P.J. and his family because P.J. Brown was a Cowboy. We all pray that someday P.J. Brown recovers a measure of health. He was a nice guy and is remembered fondly by all that new him.