PDA

View Full Version : Weber State's Schedule is official

I Bleed Purple
May 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Not overwhelmingly pleased with it, personally. Ft. Lewis game is a worthless, necessary evil. Would have preferred it on the other open date. We do actually have the novel concept of playing non FBS teams on the road, however.

August
30 at Boise State 7:05 MDT
September
8 Open
15 at Cal Poly 6:00 PDT
22 *Montana State (Homecoming) 6:05 MDT
29 *at Montana 1:05 MDT
October
6 *Sacramento State 1:05 MDT
13 *at Northern Colorado 12:05 MDT
20 *Northern Arizona 1:05 MDT
27 *at Portland State 6:05 PDT
November
3 *Idaho State 1:05 MDT
10 Fort Lewis College 1:05 MST
17 *at Eastern Washington 2:05 PST

dbackjon
May 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Good schedule - Boise and Cal Poly on the road will be tough. Boise is a nice FBS road game, because it is not too far a drive.

GOKATS
May 17th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Good schedule w/ Boise St. and Cal Poly, but you're right- Ft. Lewis in mid-November is a waste.

PantherRob82
May 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I like Boise. Great town.

AZGrizFan
May 17th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Not overwhelmingly pleased with it, personally. Ft. Lewis game is a worthless, necessary evil. Would have preferred it on the other open date. We do actually have the novel concept of playing non FBS teams on the road, however.

August
30 at Boise State 7:05 MDT
September
8 Open
15 at Cal Poly 6:00 PDT
22 *Montana State (Homecoming) 6:05 MDT
29 *at Montana 1:05 MDT
October
6 *Sacramento State 1:05 MDT
13 *at Northern Colorado 12:05 MDT
20 *Northern Arizona 1:05 MDT
27 *at Portland State 6:05 PDT
November
3 *Idaho State 1:05 MDT
10 Fort Lewis College 1:05 MST
17 *at Eastern Washington 2:05 PST

It's gonna suck to start the season 0-4. xcoolx xcoolx

I Bleed Purple
May 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Could be. Although we've lost by, what, a total of 7 points to UM in the past two years?

Depends on the quarterback. If one of the four we got rises up, 2-2 is more realistic.

AZGrizFan
May 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Could be. Although we've lost by, what, a total of 7 points to UM in the past two years?

Depends on the quarterback. If one of the four we got rises up, 2-2 is more realistic.

My, my my. Aren't you the optomistic one.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Remember, 2 years ago MT was average, and last year's game was in YOUR house. No dice this year my friend. There'll be a LOT of purple blood on the field...

ucdtim17
May 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm sure there are many Boise fans who also feel the Weber game is "worthless"

I Bleed Purple
May 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Well, all I'll say to that is that when UM fans were complaining about a I-A team (Iowa State?) running the score up, I had ZERO sympathy for them.

I Bleed Purple
May 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I'm sure there are many Boise fans who also feel the Weber game is "worthless"

Tune up. First game of year against lower competition isn't a bad thing. Aside from getting a fifth home game, something that had to be done, I don't see any advantages to the second to last game of the year being against a sub DI. As I mentioned, I would have much preferred the game have been on our other open date.

AZGrizFan
May 17th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Tune up. First game of year against lower competition isn't a bad thing. Aside from getting a fifth home game, something that had to be done, I don't see any advantages to the second to last game of the year being against a sub DI. As I mentioned, I would have much preferred the game have been on our other open date.

It certainly would have made more sense to try and schedule it on 9/8. Course, what's Ft. Lewis' schedule look like? xconfusedx

ncbears
May 17th, 2007, 06:51 PM
We've got you at home. Chalk up a win for the Bears.

AZGrizFan
May 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM

I want some of what you're smokin.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

I Bleed Purple
May 17th, 2007, 06:58 PM
It certainly would have made more sense to try and schedule it on 9/8. Course, what's Ft. Lewis' schedule look like? xconfusedx

Likely filled. Came pretty late in scheduling.

ucdtim17
May 17th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Are FBS vs. FCS games that aren't week 1 "worthless" for the FBS team?

I Bleed Purple
May 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
It is a tuneup - it is not "worthless" so don't say it is. It's demeaning and insulting and no one likes to hear FBS fans say that about games with us

Not where it is in the schedule. It's worthless because it has no redeeming value to the season. I have to reach to find things. If we're fighting for a playoff birth, 7-4/8-3 looks better than 6-4/7-3. If it's another poor season, some backups try to show for next season.

Tune up games are for the beginning of the season, not the second to last game. It's a game that had to be scheduled. We had zero non conference home games. It's worthless ONLY because of the timing of it, not who we're playing.

ucdtim17
May 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I didn't see it was the second-to-last game until after I posted - I edited the post

I Bleed Purple
May 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Are FBS vs. FCS games that aren't week 1 "worthless" for the FBS team?

Easy answer.

Depends. :D

For Weber State, a DII on 9/8 makes SO much more sense. However, we couldn't find a taker, so we took what we could get. See it as a slight or insult if you will, but I'm sure if you talk to ANY AD in the country and gave them those two open dates and you had to fill one, a lower competition opponent at the later date is probably last on the list. Doesn't serve the players on the team all that much. Financially, it's not as good as a high drawing home team. We'll get around 2-6k, depending on team success. PR is the big reason. Can't have a season with four home games. Last time that happened was I think around 1994, when the program was in serious jeopardy.

ncbears
May 17th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I want some of what you're smokin.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

We were horrible last season but lost to Weber because of one stupid play. This year I think we'll be better.

CopperCat
May 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Don't be so fast to take that W. I wouldn't count you out, but I wouldn't just hand the win to you yet either.

NoCoDanny
May 18th, 2007, 08:50 AM
We're worse at home... all the games we were in last year were on the road, at home we got smoked by everyone...

I Bleed Purple
May 18th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Weber State will be in every game because of its defense, will likely only be a blowout if the offense hands them the ball, which happened in the Cal Poly game last year.