PDA

View Full Version : LFN: New Realities, Academic Index

Lehigh Football Nation
May 17th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Part III is out:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Everything you want to know about the Academic Index. The results should be illuminating.

RichH2
May 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Superb . Hopefully the AI review can be done and changes implemented before the end of this decade

colgate13
May 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Good stuff!

DFW HOYA
May 17th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Is there any source that actually lists the index; e.g., the bands for each school?

LeopardFan04
May 17th, 2007, 02:43 PM
excellent work again, LFN!

RichH2
May 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
DFW,

Ivies have bands we donot. There was alengthy discussion on their board last summer on AI issues, go thru their archives. It seems a mystery to me how they set the AI for the entire league?

DFW HOYA
May 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM
DFW,Ivies have bands we donot.

OK, let's call it a single band. What are the AI ranges for each school, then?

Andy
May 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
"About the Ivy League's Academic Index
How to calculate it; what it means"

http://home.comcast.net/~charles517/ivyai.html

Lehigh Football Nation
May 18th, 2007, 09:33 AM
OK, let's call it a single band. What are the AI ranges for each school, then?

If you're talking about the Patriot League, you have to remember that it's based on the academic numbers of the incoming class. It's half based on standardized testing and half on some for on GPA/class rank thing. So each school's "band" is anywhere from the mean of the incoming class up to 200.

From that, it follows that Georgetown, with the highest standardized test scores for their incoming class and average GPA requirements across the league, has the highest AI "floor".

I don't have the exact numbers, but with a few books and/or resources, you could probably compute something close to what is used. But I think what you'll find is that Georgetown has the smallest AI range of all the schools.

Of course, as the academic numbers of all Patriot League schools get better, the bands for all schools shrink.