PDA

View Full Version : NWST to Join SLC Foes with Video Board

TexasTerror
May 16th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Nice write-up by Doug Ireland from NWST about the past year and the coming year. Included is information about new scoreboards at all NWST facilities, particularly a video board at NWST's Turpin Stadium.

TXST will have a new scoreboard for next season. UCA is investigating their own. SFA, SHSU and McN already got them.
---------------
It’s not all about money, but funding is crucial. This summer, after more than three years of very diligent work and stewardship, Burke will have navigated a rocky path and expects to see new scoreboards going up at all Northwestern home sports venues, including a video board in Turpin Stadium for this fall’s Centennial Season of Demon football. That’s been $2 million in salesmanship, commitment from a team of sponsors, all spearheaded by our incomparable AD.

http://www.nsudemons.com/pages/demonDust/default.asp

NSUDemon98
May 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Nice write-up by Doug Ireland from NWST about the past year and the coming year. Included is information about new scoreboards at all NWST facilities, particularly a video board at NWST's Turpin Stadium.

TXST will have a new scoreboard for next season. UCA is investigating their own. SFA, SHSU and McN already got them.
---------------
It’s not all about money, but funding is crucial. This summer, after more than three years of very diligent work and stewardship, Burke will have navigated a rocky path and expects to see new scoreboards going up at all Northwestern home sports venues, including a video board in Turpin Stadium for this fall’s Centennial Season of Demon football. That’s been $2 million in salesmanship, commitment from a team of sponsors, all spearheaded by our incomparable AD.

http://www.nsudemons.com/pages/demonDust/default.asp

Wow! This is the first I have heard of it...thanks for breaking the news.

TexasTerror
May 16th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Wow! This is the first I have heard of it...thanks for breaking the news.

Not a problem, it truly is exciting news to see all the schools in the conference making the necessary upgrades whether it's turf, scoreboards or press boxes...

NSUDemon, got any more information on this new $$$ that NWST is getting from the state and on campus?

TheRiver
May 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Very nice score board, it will be the second biggest in the SLC.

NSUDemon98
May 16th, 2007, 03:39 PM

2nd biggest? Not sure where you got your info...it could be the smallest for all I know.

NSUDemon98
May 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Not a problem, it truly is exciting news to see all the schools in the conference making the necessary upgrades whether it's turf, scoreboards or press boxes...

NSUDemon, got any more information on this new $$$ that NWST is getting from the state and on campus?

I am just glad it is finally a done deal. I have posted about this subject many times...but from what I was told, it was pretty much a done deal bach in 2003 but the University Prez didn't want a alcoholic beverage company to be the main advertiser on the board. Word is they were gonna pay the $2 million outright...so, here we are, 4 years later and we are finally gonna get the video board.

henfan
May 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Congrats, Southland schools!

Delaware is also getting a brand new video board. It's on order from Toys 'r' Us:
http://www.theplaymakers.com/welcome/archives/lite.jpg
xsmhx

UCABEARS75
May 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
UCA is getting a video board, done deal.

patssle
May 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM

bigger dosn't equal better

TexasTerror
May 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
UCA is getting a video board, done deal.

When can we expect the board? I know your AD was looking around at some scoreboards in the region...

TheRiver
May 16th, 2007, 08:56 PM
How big is the screen on SHSU's board?xeyebrowx

TXST_CAT
May 17th, 2007, 12:54 AM
bigger dosn't equal better

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

patssle
May 17th, 2007, 09:38 AM
if you've been to a UT game and a A&M game, you would know exactly what I mean.

Or on our level, SHSU and SFA.

813Jag
May 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Just make sure you have someone who knows how to operate it. Unlike like us xlolx xlolx

UCABEARS75
May 18th, 2007, 09:56 AM
When can we expect the board? I know your AD was looking around at some scoreboards in the region...

September 15, 2007 for home opener.

bobcatfan06
May 18th, 2007, 01:21 PM
BoR approved Texas State's 4 video boards totaling 1.5 million. The one at Bobcat Stadium will be 1800 square feet with a 396 square foot video board capable of instant video replay. It should be installed in time for the home opener against Cal Poly. There will also be new boards at Strahan and the baseball/softball fields.

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 18th, 2007, 02:10 PM
But will it stay???? I remember us having a "Video Board" (more like a giant TV) 2-3 years back....then for some reason they scrapped that (forgot whether it was funds or some other issue)

Seat16Demon
May 24th, 2007, 03:54 PM
But will it stay???? I remember us having a "Video Board" (more like a giant TV) 2-3 years back....then for some reason they scrapped that (forgot whether it was funds or some other issue)

I believe the video board you are talking about was the one that was on wheels and sat just behind and to the side of the north end zone goal posts, am I right? That one was just temporary and was a 'rental'. It was supposed to be a demo of what was to come and now will be. Only this VB will be mounted on the scoreboard. It sure is about time!
xsmileyclapx