PDA

View Full Version : SNW: More upset chances on FCS schedules

TexasTerror
May 12th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Matt D lays out the top FBS vs FCS games as it relates to chances for an FCS win after giving a glance at the toughest FCS schedules.

Matt then goes about discussing the top FCS out of conference games, a list that is topped by McNeese hosting Portland St.
-------------------
Extra Point - More upset chances on FCS schedules

By Matt Dougherty, FCS Editor

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The FCS history books will chronicle the 2006 Montana State Bobcats as the first four-loss at-large playoff participant in more than a decade, and as a team that broke a 21-year drought without a playoff win.

While those accomplishments ultimately defined the Bobcats’ season, the majority of the sports nation will remember the Montana State name for a defensive gem in a convincing, 19-10, victory at Colorado in the season opener. The major networks, radio stations and newspapers heralded the Bobcats, and head coach Mike Kramer had the opportunity to go on a soapbox more often than Donald Trump.

The big-school, big-money based media will always go crazy when one of their own loses to one of the "little guys" in the FCS. Of course they had a handful of opportunities in 2006, as New Hampshire, Richmond and Southern Illinois all scored "upsets" over teams in the top BCS conferences. North Dakota State, Northern Iowa and Illinois State all came one point shy of adding their name to the big victory list.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4078085.htm

KAUMASS
May 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Suprised Matt D. had nothing on UMass-BC and UMass's 1 point loss to Navy last year...and after two UMass touchdowns called back on penalties. UMass got only 3 points instead of 14 from those 2 called back..net loss of 11 points..

BigApp
May 12th, 2007, 06:19 PM
gosh, why isn't the App/Michigan game ranked higher on the upset list there? :D

UNHWildCats
May 12th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Navy isnt BC. I think UMass is lucky to stay within 3 TDs of them.

Eyes of Old Main
May 12th, 2007, 11:22 PM
gosh, why isn't the App/Michigan game ranked higher on the upset list there? :D

Because it ain't gonna happen.

I hate to go against the SoCon, but that's a bit too much of a stretch. Sorry.

McTailGator
May 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't put a McNeese win vs ULL as an upset.

Southland teams typical beat SunBelt teams.

McNeese is 2-0 vs the Belch, and loosing to our arch rivals ULL is NOT an option. We smoke'em and it ain't close.

Calling ULL FBS, is almost a crime.

BigApp
May 14th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Because it ain't gonna happen.

I hate to go against the SoCon, but that's a bit too much of a stretch. Sorry.

good grief, d'ya think I'm aware of that? xrolleyesx

OL FU
May 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
New Hampshire at Marshall (9/15)

GO Wildcatsxhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

dbackjon
May 14th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Vanderbilt will beat Richmond fairly convincingly.

NAU vs ASU only 10th best non-conf matchup??? Try the BEST!! :D

GaSouthern
May 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM
JMU could topple UNC pretty easliy with a few key turnovers.

aggie6thman
May 14th, 2007, 05:25 PM
JMU could topple UNC pretty easliy with a few key turnovers.

I don't know, new coach, new enthusiasm in the program might be bad for JMU. Of course, nobody thought we would beat stanfurd. Oh the joys of college football!

How many more days till kickoff? xconfusedx

aust42
May 14th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Look for a much improved Delaware team to defeat an average Navy team this year. We are .500 against them since 1985.

ucdtim17
May 14th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I don't know, new coach, new enthusiasm in the program might be bad for JMU. Of course, nobody thought we would beat stanfurd. Oh the joys of college football!

How many more days till kickoff? xconfusedx

CU had a new coach and new enthusiasm last year when MSU came to town . . .