PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Forms off South Georgia Coast

McTailGator
May 9th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I know that things have been dry for you guy's over there. This might be just what the Dr. ordered to put out some of those forest fires there. Should just be a strong wet breeze by Saturday when it comes on shore.

Also a good reminder to review your contingency plans.

http://images.intellicast.com/WeatherImg/SatelliteLoop/hifloat2_None_anim.gif

g-webb1994
May 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Let's hope it is more rain than wind....the last things those fine folk in south Georgia need is a wind storm with little rain to actually douse the fire...

GaSouthern
May 9th, 2007, 05:37 PM
We could really use the rain in Savannah GA!

GeauxColonels
May 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Uh...why is this in FCS discussion!?

Ol Blue
May 10th, 2007, 12:22 PM

Football fields....grass....xsmiley_wix

Green Cookie Monster
May 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM

How is this football related?

McTailGator
May 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
How is this football related?

It's just a friendly warning to those in the path, and a reminder to those of us on a coast line to have our plans and families ready in case the big one gets close.

Sometimes this board is best for good messages. Ignore it if you don't like it, but for some it's a reason for concern, or relief it you house is about to burn down from a forest fire in south GA or north florida.

CHILL

appfan2008
May 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM
whether or not it is football related i just wanted to say we need the rain in boone... but this storm wont give it to us unfortunately

Blueandwhitefightfight
May 10th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Hey, I appreciate the warning. I'm going back down from Augusta to The Boro tommorow and hadn't heard about this. Thanks for the heads up!

Kill'em
May 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately, all it has provided is nice cloud cover and a heck of a breeze. It has done more to fan the flames of the wildfires than douse them. By the way, thanks for this thread.

McTailGator
May 11th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately, all it has provided is nice cloud cover and a heck of a breeze. It has done more to fan the flames of the wildfires than douse them. By the way, thanks for this thread.

Yea, I see where it's just making things worse.

Too Bad. They sure could have used some moisture.

Kill'em
May 11th, 2007, 08:53 PM
What makes this worse is some of this has been helped by some knuckleheads starting other fires. xnonox