PDA

View Full Version : Alabama St Officially Names HC

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Congrats to Reggie Barlow on being named the permanent head coach at Alabama State. Lots of NCAA-related issues at Alabama State, but Barlow is going to have to do what he can to carry them through...

Barlow tabbed as ASU's man
By Josh Moon

The interim tag is no longer in Reggie Barlow's title. Alabama State's board of tustees voted on Friday to make him the permanent head football coach at ASU.

"It's just an honor and makes me feel so good to know that the administration at ASU has so much faith in my abilities," said Barlow, who was playing in a charity golf event when he got the news. "I'll tell you, it made me feel a whole lot better about some of these windows I've broke out here today. Honestly, like I've said before, this is my dream job. It's an absolute honor to have it."

Contract terms haven't been decided yet and Barlow will begin his tenure making $125,000 -- the minimum salary for ASU's head football coach.

It's been a short climb to the top for Barlow. After eight seasons in the NFL, he joined the ASU staff as an assistant two seasons ago as a quarterbacks coach. When former coach Charlie Coe left for an NFL position in March, Barlow took over as interim head coach and led the team through the final two weeks of spring drills.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070505/SPORTS/705050366/1002

813Jag
May 5th, 2007, 12:39 PM
He's got his work cut out for him. He was a great reciever at Alabama St. We'll see what he can do.