PDA

View Full Version : CFL draft today, a few FCS players taken

Coastal89
May 2nd, 2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=303&year=2007

Tod
May 2nd, 2007, 02:10 PM
So far it's a third rounder from Columbia, and fifth rounders from Montana and EWU. Looks like there's only about four more picks to go...

Tod
May 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
And the last pick is from Idaho State! One Ivy and Three Big Sky!

Round Pick Team Player Position School

3 17 BC via HAM Crawford, Tad S/M Columbia
5 34 Saskatchewan via WPG via EDM Bradshaw, Reggie RB/D Montana
5 35 Calgary via WPG Bekkering, Henry K Eastern Washington
6 47 BC Edgson, Nic DB/DD Idaho State

:) :) xthumbsupx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 2nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
For all those not familiar with the CFL draft, aren't players required to have been born or have residence in Canada to be considered?

I know that at JMU we call the Montreal Allouttes "JMU North" because we have so many players that have recently gone there as UFAs. From the JMUSports.com:

"Four other 2006 Dukes will join Montreal of the Canadian Football League for the 2007 season, including linebacker Isaiah Dottin-Carter (Somerville, Mass./Cambridge Rindge & Latin), safety Phil Minafield (Gainesville, Fla./Buchholz), defensive tackle Chuck Suppon (Shavertown, Pa./Dallas) and defensive end Kevin Winston (Beltsville, Md./High Point). Dottin-Carter and Winston were first-team All-Atlantic 10 and Minafield and Suppon second team in 2006."

We already have S Clint Kent there and have had some others play there in the past as well.

PantherRob82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
I don't think you have to have any relationship with Canada to be considered. I know Dre Dokes, CB from UNI was supposed to be a prospect, but I guess he didn't get called.

Golden Eagle
May 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
I believe there are only a limited number of American players allowed on each team.

UNHFan99
May 3rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Its not just on the roster. There are also only a limited number of "International" players allowed on the field at a certain time. Alot of the skill players are american and the lineman Canadian from my understanding.