PDA

View Full Version : Logan-El transers to Towson from Penn State.

CitadelGrad
May 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
Good luck, Towson. xlolx

http://www.examiner.com/a-704556~Logan_El_headed_to_Towson.html

Jackluv
May 2nd, 2007, 01:01 AM
wow, great oline pick up

Ronbo
May 2nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
Guy sounds like a big stud. What kind of trouble caused the dismissal from the Nittany Lions squad?

Tribe4SF
May 2nd, 2007, 06:13 AM
I haven't read anything about him being dismissed from the Penn State squad. He was released from his scholarship, which is required for him to be immediately eligible at Towson. He may just have been unhappy at PSU, or he may have seen little playing time in his future.

Any way you cut it, this is an interesting development for a kid who showed a remarkable lack of class when announcing his original decision on a college. How his family allowed him to carry out the theatrics at the ESPN Zone is beyond me. Looks like a good addition for the Tigers, but he has big shoes to fill replacing Jermon Bushrod, who was a great player, and a class act.

andy7171
May 2nd, 2007, 06:59 AM
Rumors of this happening have been everywhere.
Here's what I know..
Last winter his father and grandfather were both hospitalized within days of each other with serious health issues. JoePa told Logan El to take some time off and be with his family. Then his mother was inaccurately diagnosed with a brain tumor. Long story short, when he finally got himself back together and return, Paterno said he wasn't sure they needed him and put him in a one on one workout schedule and then told him he wasn't going to be on the roster for spring practice. Not so sure what the deal is about him.

The other story is Kevin Durants older brother Tony is coming to play basketball at Towson. Logan El and both Durants are friends from HS. Kevin is having a giant place built in Potomac, MD and will eventually live there when not playing in the NBA. Tony and Logan El wanted to be close to home, go to school and play football/basketball.

Not sure how I feel about this. HC Gordy Combs isn't going to hand him the starting job, with spring practice concluding this Saturday in the Black and Gold game. Hopefully, with his families health not an issue he can get his head on straight and relax and just play football.

GannonFan
May 2nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Could be a really great pickup for Towson or he could be a dud. Won't know until we see him play, assuming he does. He obviously has loads and loads of talent, but he's also got a questionable personality. Maybe he was just immature before and is fine now, and if that's the case he'll be an all-conference guy in no time. Or he's just a bad guy and this is one more stop on his road to nowhere and his talent will be wasted. It's a good pickup for Towson though, doesn't really cost them anything to find out and the upside is having a stud lineman.

CitadelGrad
May 2nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Rumors of this happening have been everywhere.
Here's what I know..
Last winter his father and grandfather were both hospitalized within days of each other with serious health issues. JoePa told Logan El to take some time off and be with his family. Then his mother was inaccurately diagnosed with a brain tumor. Long story short, when he finally got himself back together and return, Paterno said he wasn't sure they needed him and put him in a one on one workout schedule and then told him he wasn't going to be on the roster for spring practice. Not so sure what the deal is about him.

The other story is Kevin Durants older brother Tony is coming to play basketball at Towson. Logan El and both Durants are friends from HS. Kevin is having a giant place built in Potomac, MD and will eventually live there when not playing in the NBA. Tony and Logan El wanted to be close to home, go to school and play football/basketball.

Not sure how I feel about this. HC Gordy Combs isn't going to hand him the starting job, with spring practice concluding this Saturday in the Black and Gold game. Hopefully, with his families health not an issue he can get his head on straight and relax and just play football.

Sorry Andy, but none of that is really true. Logan-El's grandfather was hospitalized, but he has been in poor health for quite a long time and he often needs hospital stays. The part about his mother being erroneously diagnosed with cancer is just false.

The truth is that Logan-El is just fat, slow and lazy. He rarely showed up for winter workouts and weight sessions. When he did show up, he was so out of shape that he couldn't finish the workouts. He was never put on a one on one workout schedule, although Aaron Maybin, a classmate and teammate from Maryland, volunteered to help Logan-El meet his workout obligations. Even Maybin eventually gave up on him and the rest of the team ostracized him. These problems didn't develop just this winter and were not related to "family issues." These problems began as soon as he arrived on campus last fall. I'm sure the Logan-El family will spin it to make it appear Penn State and Paterno treated Logan-El unfairly, but that is garbage. Paterno and the team gave Logan-El every chance to be a part of the program, but he just didn't have the commitment to be a college football player. He was a washout at Penn State and he'll be a washout at Towson.

andy7171
May 2nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry Andy, but none of that is really true. Logan-El's grandfather was hospitalized, but he has been in poor health for quite a long time and he often needs hospital stays. The part about his mother being erroneously diagnosed with cancer is just false.

The truth is that Logan-El is just fat, slow and lazy. He rarely showed up for winter workouts and weight sessions. When he did show up, he was so out of shape that he couldn't finish the workouts. He was never put on a one on one workout schedule, although Aaron Maybin, a classmate and teammate from Maryland, volunteered to help Logan-El meet his workout obligations. Even Maybin eventually gave up on him and the rest of the team ostracized him. These problems didn't develop just this winter and were not related to "family issues." These problems began as soon as he arrived on campus last fall. I'm sure the Logan-El family will spin it to make it appear Penn State and Paterno treated Logan-El unfairly, but that is garbage. Paterno and the team gave Logan-El every chance to be a part of the program, but he just didn't have the commitment to be a college football player. He was a washout at Penn State and he'll be a washout at Towson.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like transfers. In my experience the majority are players who think they are better than they actually are and think moving down will be a cake walk.
This is my source for the info I have given...
LINK (http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2007/04/04-20-07tdc/04-20-07dsports-column-01.asp)
Like I said, I hope he gets his head on straight and has grown up. Nothing more, nothing less.

dennisdent
May 2nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
My Maryland grad co-workers hate the kid for that stunt he pulled. Hope he comes to play for Towson or he's on his way to Bowie State...

CitadelGrad
May 2nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't like transfers. In my experience the majority are players who think they are better than they actually are and think moving down will be a cake walk.
This is my source for the info I have given...
LINK (http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2007/04/04-20-07tdc/04-20-07dsports-column-01.asp)
Like I said, I hope he gets his head on straight and has grown up. Nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't mean to imply that you are spreading false information. I only meant that the information you have isn't very accurate. The Collegian article made its rounds through the Penn State message boards and was thoroughly refuted by those who are close to the program. I hope he is able to salvage a college football career at Towson, but I have my doubts. My guess now is that he will be to Towson State what Joel Holler was to Delaware.