PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Ham Named to the College Football Hall of Fame!

Kill'em
May 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
It's about time! Tracy is one of the greatest QB's I have ever seen. He led a team two years removed from playing club football and won THE National Championship. I am glad to see him get his due. Congratulations Tracy! xhurrayx xbowx xhurrayx
http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/tools/getstory.aspx?storyid=1945

bobbythekidd
May 1st, 2007, 08:38 PM
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Go...gate
May 1st, 2007, 09:15 PM
This is great news for our GSU brethren. He was a fine player.

Mr. C
May 1st, 2007, 09:18 PM
What took so long? In my mind, Tracy Ham is the greatest option QB in the history of I-AA/FCS.

BTW, Billy Joe was named to the College Hall of Fame as a coach.

Mr. C
May 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
The complete class of 2007 below the FBS level was:

PLAYERS
Tracy Ham - QB, Georgia Southern, 1983- 86
Joe Kendall - QB, Kentucky State, 1934- 36
Frank Sheptock - LB, Bloomsburg (Pa.), 1982-85
Jessie Tuggle - LB, Valdosta State (Ga.), 1983-86
COACHES
Jim Christopherson - Concordia College (Minn.) (1969-2000), 218-101-7
William "Billy" Joe - Florida A&M (1994- 2004), Central State (Ohio) (1981-93), Cheyney (Pa.) (1972-78), 237-108-4.

PantherRob82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
Good to see him finally get in. I've seen some great video of his playing days.

Kill'em
May 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
I know it is hard to compare an option QB to a passing QB but, in my opinion, Tracy is one of the greatest QB's of all time. There was only one occasion that I felt we had little chance of winning and that was the second half of the '85 National Championship game. After that performance I always thought we would win and most of the time we did.

BigApp
May 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-8769.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-8769.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-8769.gif

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Anyone who thinks he has no passing skills needs to watch the video of his epic comeback in the '85 national championship game...a 38 point rally beggining midway through the 3rd quarter or so...and most of it was passing. I watch the game about once a year and it always puts me on my toes.

The coverage of the game was real shoddy and brusque just like it is today, but that can't ruin the magic of the game...that was probably the best national championship game of any college football division ever and has to be in one of the best comebacks ever.

If you were to list the top 10 best/IAA FCS games ever, this one would have to be on the list.

bobbythekidd
May 2nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Anyone who thinks he has no passing skills needs to watch the video of his epic comeback in the '85 national championship game...a 38 point rally beggining midway through the 3rd quarter or so...and most of it was passing. I watch the game about once a year and it always puts me on my toes.

The coverage of the game was real shoddy and brusque just like it is today, but that can't ruin the magic of the game...that was probably the best national championship game of any college football division ever and has to be in one of the best comebacks ever.

If you were to list the top 10 best/IAA FCS games ever, this one would have to be on the list.
Can you hook a brother up with a copy?

Mr. C
May 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
I know it is hard to compare an option QB to a passing QB but, in my opinion, Tracy is one of the greatest QB's of all time. There was only one occasion that I felt we had little chance of winning and that was the second half of the '85 National Championship game. After that performance I always thought we would win and most of the time we did.
Totally agree. My point is that as an option QB, I-AA has had none better. As for passers, there are several QBs that you could make an argument for as the all-time best: Dave Dickenson, Neil Lomax, Steve McNair, Willie Totten, Rich Gannon etc. (not an exhaustive list). Ham was indeed one of the best of all-time.

Mr. C
May 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM

The 1985 championship game would definitely have to rank as the best title game ever. I would love to see the DVD of it. Ham was an incredible performer.

Pantherpower
May 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
A well deserved award for Tracy Ham and the vaunted "Hambone" He and the Eagles broke my heart as a kid when little known GSU strolled into the UNI Dome and proceeded to run up and down the field on the Panthers, eventually winning a shootout.

BearsCountry
May 3rd, 2007, 01:16 AM
He was the quarterback for the Baltimore CFL team right?

Mr. C
May 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
A well deserved award for Tracy Ham and the vaunted "Hambone" He and the Eagles broke my heart as a kid when little known GSU strolled into the UNI Dome and proceeded to run up and down the field on the Panthers, eventually winning a shootout.
Another game, from what I've heard, that has to rank as one of the all-time great I-AA playoff games. Our very own Capt. Cat and DIB were participants in that classic, if I remember right. Two weeks, two classic wins for Tracy Ham and the Eagles in 1985.

blueballs
May 3rd, 2007, 09:30 AM
He was the quarterback for the Baltimore CFL team right?

Correct.

Ham also lit it up in 1986 in the playoffs. The 1985 title was an upset on so many levels but the 1986 group was an offensive juggarnaut and just plowed through the playoffs averaging 50+/game. Tracy passed for 300+ and ran for 180+ in the title game that year.

Gil Dobie
May 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
Congrats to the CFL Great!!! ;) xthumbsupx

jhbeagle
May 3rd, 2007, 10:20 AM

Same here!

Kill'em
May 3rd, 2007, 07:50 PM
http://www.ncaaondemand.com/search?institutions=georgia+southern&year=&sport=&x=0&y=0

Kill'em
May 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
There is nobody I would rather have under center in a tight game than Tracy Ham.

Killtoppers90
May 4th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I remember him coming to WKU and kicking our asses up and down the field in 1986! Damn that was a horrible game to a part of.

OL FU
May 4th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I remember him well.

Much deservedxsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

citdog
May 4th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Totally agree. My point is that as an option QB, I-AA has had none better. As for passers, there are several QBs that you could make an argument for as the all-time best: Dave Dickenson, Neil Lomax, Steve McNair, Willie Totten, Rich Gannon etc. (not an exhaustive list). Ham was indeed one of the best of all-time.

JACK DOUGLAS was a better option qb than tracy ham, and so was GENE BROWN for that matter

blueballs
May 4th, 2007, 10:17 AM
JACK DOUGLAS was a better option qb than tracy ham, and so was GENE BROWN for that matterxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

My goodness, if you're going to throw out such rubbish at least make it somebody we've all heard of.xnonox

When you put forth statements like this it ruins your credibility even on stuff you might be correct on.

Eaglesrus
May 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM
JACK DOUGLAS was a better option qb than tracy ham, and so was GENE BROWN for that matter

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx I just realized that my problem with you is that I've been taking you seriously up until now!

citdog
May 4th, 2007, 12:02 PM
now, don't y'all see how silly you sound when you post things that you know are not true but because you are for GSU you say anyway? Like you have 8 qb's on your roster you like better than App's Edwards or The Citadel's Lawson?

Eaglesrus
May 4th, 2007, 12:29 PM
now, don't y'all see how silly you sound when you post things that you know are not true but because you are for GSU you say anyway? Like you have 8 qb's on your roster you like better than App's Edwards or The Citadel's Lawson?

Okay, if you'll show me where I said that I'll say yes. Otherwise, I'll just continue to read your tripe and wonder if it represents the best that your alma mater can produce. Actually, I don't want to generalize as you do, so I'll say that I know a couple of Citadel grads that I think highly of. Gotta love diversity, thanks for doing your part to balance things out!

citdog
May 4th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Okay, if you'll show me where I said that I'll say yes. Otherwise, I'll just continue to read your tripe and wonder if it represents the best that your alma mater can produce. Actually, I don't want to generalize as you do, so I'll say that I know a couple of Citadel grads that I think highly of. Gotta love diversity, thanks for doing your part to balance things out!

it is not important what you think of me, only that you think of me!

Eaglesrus
May 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM
it is not important what you think of me, only that you think of me!

Do nightmares count?

Mr. C
May 4th, 2007, 12:53 PM
For the record, Jack Douglas was a great option QB at The Citadel. He led the greatest upset in I-AA history when The Citadel beat Arkansas. I don't know if I would take Douglas over Ham, but I do think Douglas is one of I-AA/FCS's all-time greats.

Eaglesrus
May 4th, 2007, 01:10 PM
For the record, Jack Douglas was a great option QB at The Citadel. He led the greatest upset in I-AA history when The Citadel beat Arkansas. I don't know if I would take Douglas over Ham, but I do think Douglas is one of I-AA/FCS's all-time greats.

I remember Douglas (can't say the same about Brown) and would agree that he was very good, but better than Ham? Please!

pete4256
May 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
If one were to watch--in some kind of crazy marathon--every I-AA/FCS championship game ever played, Ham might stick out as the best player to play in that game.

If that sounds crazy, check it the film. If you've never seen it, you wouldn't believe how good he was.

OL FU
May 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
If one were to watch--in some kind of crazy marathon--every I-AA/FCS championship game ever played, Ham might stick out as the best player to play in that game.

If that sounds crazy, check it the film. If you've never seen it, you wouldn't believe how good he was.

I know it is not quite true, but I have said many times about the '85 game. Georgia Southern didn't beat Furman. Tracy Ham didxeekx

blueballs
May 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Please produce a post where I stated such... I'll wait patiently.

Eaglesrus
May 4th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I know it is not quite true, but I have said many times about the '85 game. Georgia Southern didn't beat Furman. Tracy Ham didxeekx

We hosted a Christmas / game-watching party for that one. Before the game came on a few of us agreed to do a shot after every score by either team. We made it into the third quarter.

OL FU
May 4th, 2007, 01:48 PM
We hosted a Christmas / game-watching party for that one. Before the game came on a few of us agreed to do a shot after every score by either team. We made it into the third quarter.

xeekx xeekx xeekx

Good thing you guys had a slow first halfxeekx

Unfortunately you made up for it in the secondxmadx :)

blueballs
May 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I don't know if I would take Douglas over Ham, but I do think Douglas is one of I-AA/FCS's all-time greats.

Excellent! I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of Mr. Douglas' selection into the college football HOF.

If he is truly one of the all time greats it should be forthcoming very soon, right? And I bet it'll be before Raymond Gross (who is perhaps the most underrated player in 1-AA in the modern era- led GSC to 3 consecutive title games winning two including a 15-0-0 team in 1989) gets in too, right?

blueballs
May 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM

What did the Arkansas State coach say about Ham after the 1986 title game?

OL FU
May 4th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Excellent! I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of Mr. Douglas' selection into the college football HOF.

If he is truly one of the all time greats it should be forthcoming very soon, right? And I bet it'll be before Raymond Gross (who is perhaps the most underrated player in 1-AA in the modern era- led GSC to 3 consecutive title games winning two including a 15-0-0 team in 1989) gets in too, right?

What are you saying it is not possible for Citadel to have a great qbxeyebrowx I know it is hard to believe but it has happenedxsmiley_wix

blueballs
May 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I didn't bring it up.

A Citadel poster stated that Mr. Douglas was better than Mr. Ham and all I did was throw the BS card. Then Mr.C stated Mr. Douglas was one of the all time greats so I simply stated that I look forward to his election to the college football HOF.

Am I the one guilty of hyperbole (I can say that to a Furman man, right?)here?xrolleyesx

Mr. C
May 4th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Jack Douglas deserves to be in the College Football Hall of Fame. I'll take your word on Raymond Gross. Would love to see those tapes/DVDs of all three of the those players, Ham, Douglas and Gross.

OL FU
May 4th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I didn't bring it up.

A Citadel poster stated that Mr. Douglas was better than Mr. Ham and all I did was throw the BS card. Then Mr.C stated Mr. Douglas was one of the all time greats so I simply stated that I look forward to his election to the college football HOF.

Am I the one guilty of hyperbole (I can say that to a Furman man, right?)here?xrolleyesx
Everyone is free to exaggerate about their football teamsxnodx

blueballs
May 4th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Jack Douglas deserves to be in the College Football Hall of Fame. I'll take your word on Raymond Gross. Would love to see those tapes/DVDs of all three of the those players, Ham, Douglas and Gross.

I can't help you with Douglas, but here are some DVD's of Ham and Gross in the playoffs in the late 80's. There are some very entertaining games on these DVD's.

http://www.ncaaondemand.com/search?institutions=georgia+southern&year=&sport=&x=0&y=0

Eaglesrus
May 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM

And what did the Arkansas State qb say about himself and Tracy before that game?

pete4256
May 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM

"You can't tackle smoke"--Larry Lacewell

I'm surprised he was able to say anything after Ham put up over 400 yards of offense on his team. Ham had right around 200 yards rushing at the start of the 4th quarter. Only a big loss on his last carry kept him from crossing that threshold. I can't remember his passing stats, but I know that he threw a long TD pass to Ricky Harris to go over 200. 400 yards of offense in just over 3 quarters!

He totalled nearly a thousand yards of offense in the two NC games he played.

Ditto on Gross. Seriously underrated because he didn't pile up huge stats. But he was the Tommy Frazier of I-AA. A true option QB who made great reads, unbelievable pitches and won BIG in his four years as a starter. Too bad he was always compared to Tracy. Physically and skills-wise, Armanti Edwards reminds me a lot of Gross.

GaSouthern
May 4th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Bout time! still holds some records at GSU, some that will stay around for quite some time.

Henwatcher
May 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Certainly a well-deserved honor for Mr. Ham. He was a great one.