PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Spring Game

Ivytalk
April 30th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Reading between the lines in the official Website story, which emphasized how good the defense looked on Saturday night, here's my take:

1.The D-line and the linebackers look promising.
2.There appears to be a 3-way battle for the QB spot among Pizzotti, O'Hagan and Witt (Irvin, the Tulane transfer, appears to have dropped off the map).
3. The O-line may be young and porous, which probably favors the more mobile O'Hagan (despite his questionable decision-making) over the slower, drop-back Pizzotti.
4. Clifton Dawson's shoes will be very hard to fill, and most of the RBs are very small.
5. The receiving corps will at least be OK, and it may be better than that.
6. Not a word about pass defense -- a traditional Crimson liability.
7. The kicking game will be adequate or better, but they still lack a long-range FG kicker (as they have for years).

I'm thinking 6-4 at this point. We'll have a better idea on September 15!xnodx

ngineer
April 30th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Reading between the lines in the official Website story, which emphasized how good the defense looked on Saturday night, here's my take:

2.There appears to be a 3-way battle for the QB spot among Pizzotti, O'Hagan and Witt (Irvin, the Tulane transfer, appears to have dropped off the map).
3. The O-line may be young and porous, which probably favors the more mobile O'Hagan (despite his questionable decision-making) over the slower, drop-back Pizzotti.
4. Clifton Dawson's shoes will be very hard to fill, and most of the RBs are very small.
7. The kicking game will be adequate or better, but they still lack a long-range FG kicker (as they have for years).

Sounds like I'm being set up for some points on Septembert 29...:D

Ivytalk
April 30th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Sounds like I'm being set up for some points on Septembert 29...:D

Never crossed my mind!:p

Although the Crimson have to be solid 10-point dogs for that game!;)

bulldog10jw
April 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM

I think Harvard and Penn are the two Ivy teams right now who reload, rather than rebuild. I'd be surprised if H is not 7-3 or better.

Ivytalk
May 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM
I think Harvard and Penn are the two Ivy teams right now who reload, rather than rebuild. I'd be surprised if H is not 7-3 or better.

If Harvard is fortunate enough to finish at 7-3, they'll still end up two games behind Yale!xnodx The Bulldogs are loaded this year. McLeod alone will win you 3 or 4 games.

Harvard Worship
May 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM

1. The D line seems to be strong every year... until they get injured.
2. As if I had any say, I'd vote Pizzotti... O'Hagan has too many "d'oh" moments.
4. Cheng Ho was good last year... but why doesn't Harvard get a BIG running back... somebody like Brown's Nick Hartigan. Big RBs can be fun to watch too.
6. Pass defense always LOOKS bad because everyone (exception yale) knows better than to run on us.

I hope we're 7-3... I think we'll have trouble with Yale, Lehigh, Penn, and Princeton... but I think we can beat either Penn or Princeton -- this is Ivy League football and emotion counts -- I think both of those road losses (esp. princeton) stung last year, and the team will be fired up to hold serve at home.

Pard4Life
May 9th, 2007, 10:08 AM
...and we will still find a way to loose.. xrotatehx