PDA

View Full Version : ASU's New Ticket Plan

Saint3333
August 5th, 2005, 01:08 PM
http://www.goasu.com/index.php?page=1224

Does any other team have experience with this type of ticketing scheme? Do you like it? Sounds like a good idea, but I know there will be growing pains as this is a new idea (at least for our program).

McTailGator
August 5th, 2005, 02:55 PM
http://www.goasu.com/index.php?page=1224

Does any other team have experience with this type of ticketing scheme? Do you like it? Sounds like a good idea, but I know there will be growing pains as this is a new idea (at least for our program).

Southeastern La has something real close.

McNeese was approached in the off season about doing the same, but we just instituted ticketmaster and will be stuck with them for another year or two, then we might revisit it.

Great idea, and it's really great for SLU who's stadium is very small and allows them to over sale more seats when their fans donate the ticet back.

ChiefGSU275
August 8th, 2005, 05:00 PM
There was a rumor (or talk) of GSU implementing a scanning system, I think mainly to prevent former students from using their ID's to get into the game instead of buying a ticket. Right now they just have about 6 security guards standing at the gate and checking ID's for students and tickets for others. Not very accurate counting at all. I hope you are right Ralph, and we get more accurate counts of actual PEOPLE at the game, and not tickets sold, or tickets taken, etc.

EagleCrusade
August 9th, 2005, 07:54 AM
GSU is scanning student ID's this year. Plans in the future are to offer reduced prices to friends of students who do not attend GS, but not this year.

Tickets sold is how most places count attendence. The National League counted actual attendence up until 1995. The American League counted tickets sold since the the early 1900's. When you look at attendence data for NL teams prior to '95 then you see actual attendence when there are always more tickets sold than show up.
Actual attendence vs tickets sold show marketers and others the amount of interest generated per game.

Ronbo
August 9th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I like getting individual tickets for each game. Easy for fans to give them to friends or relatives if you can't make a game. Also businesses buy season tickets and distribute game tickets to their employees as perks.

SoCon48
August 9th, 2005, 11:19 AM
"Tickets sold is how most places count attendence. The National League counted actual attendence up until 1995. The American League counted tickets sold since the the early 1900's. When you look at attendence data for NL teams prior to '95 then you see actual attendence when there are always more tickets sold than show up. "

Here it comes:
That's too complicated for some schools to use during :eek: the play-offs.

henfan
August 9th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Delaware has scanners for student tickets, not for the general population. It should be easy enough to somehow hook the scanning system into AARP's ID card database. That would accomodate roughly 2/3 of the UD's fanbase.

Killsback
August 9th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Southern Illinois uses the system in basketball and it works very well. It does not use the system at Football because the wiring for the stadium would be way too expensive and there is serious talk about a new stadium being announced in a couple of months.