PDA

View Full Version : What is your teams deepest position?

PantherRob82
April 28th, 2007, 09:29 AM
At UNI, I would have to say running back. I think 2-3 guys could get dinged up and we wouldn't lose much, if anything at all from 1st string.

ngineer
April 28th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Same at Lehigh. McGowan and Pastore are 1 and 1a, with Parrot showing a lot of quality last Saturday, along with Forman being the 'change of pace' scat back. We also have a very good 1-2 punch at fullback with Watson and Piascik

citdog
April 28th, 2007, 09:38 AM
DOGGY

CCU97
April 28th, 2007, 09:45 AM
At Coastal I would have to say either RB or WR(with the exception of Simpson...he couldn't be replaced)....but we are pretty deep at LB too...

ngineer
April 28th, 2007, 09:46 AM
DOGGY

So I guess we also know Liberty's....;)

bobbythekidd
April 28th, 2007, 10:08 AM
QB. Last I looked, 8 deep with a transfer on the way as well.

appfan2008
April 28th, 2007, 10:12 AM
at app qb is very strong 2 deep but i would say wr... any other app fans have any say on that???

catbob
April 28th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Probably DLine.

patssle
April 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM
5 QBs with 2 more high schoolers signed

appfan2008
April 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
5 QBs with 2 more high schoolers signed
now that would be deep

patssle
April 28th, 2007, 10:34 AM
we lose 3 of them after this season. but we're loaded for this year!

grizband
April 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM
LB, WR, or RB, both in total numbers and experience.

Ivytalk
April 28th, 2007, 10:56 AM
At Harvard, it's probably QB. They have 3 seniors who have some talent: O'Hagan, Pizzotti and Irvin. They also have a junior, Witt, who got into a couple of games last year and showed some promise.

fuEMO
April 28th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Furman has some very deep positions a look in the offensive backfield:

Fullback
Jerome Felton SR 6-0, 247
Brantley Kendal JR 5-10, 227
Tharry Salley SO* 6-2, 230
Tharry looks good to go after sitting out last season. Kudos to this young man for not making the easy decision and transferring to a school such as SCST or CCU. Salley is a beast in a different way than Felton, he takes up alot of space, and will be a terror for linebackers, due to excellent blocking skills. As far as running goes his high school stats say it all; 3,580 yards and 50 touchdowns.
Cardenal Coleman FR 6-1, 222
I'm sure Coleman will take a redshirt but Cardenal is probably the most impressive physically of the fullbacks, AJC describes him as a player that comes out of Muscle and Fitness magazine.

Tailback
Cedrick Gipson SR 5-9, 199
Stephan LaFrance SO 6-2, 220
Mark Standridge SO 5-9, 196
Mike Brown RSFR* 5-8, 188
Mike Brown could play himself into serious PT. Brown is only 5-8, 188 but he can scoot and he can put a shoulder down and follow his blockers. IMO one of the most explosive runners Furman has ever had. Recruited by MAC schools and given a hard look by Vandy but size was an issue.
Tank Baker FR 5-9, 219
Tank has Paladin fans that have seen his film comparing him to Louis Ivory. Baker his hard to bring down, has great balance. An off-season car accident slowed this big fella down for his senior season. That's why he ended up at Furman.

Saint3333
April 28th, 2007, 11:26 AM
at app qb is very strong 2 deep but i would say wr... any other app fans have any say on that???

I would agree:

Dexter Jackson (great return man and great 100m & 200m times)
Hans Batichon (good size and may have the best hands on the team)
James Hill (short speedster transfer)
TJ Courman (same player as Hill, not scared to go over the middle)
Josh Joshson (young, nice size, good hands, will be an excellent 3rd down receiver, i.e. the UMass game last year)

Others to watch for: Matt Cline (walk-on who is shining) and Reynaldo Hunter (a nature athlete but has had grade issues).

I hear we lost Wilson would would have been a great replacement for Mayfield with his size and speed.

Also deep at QB (Edwards and Elder) and RB (KR and Moore is going to be good as well). In 2008 ASU's biggest question mark (d-line) could be even deeper than the WR position given the rumored transfers and if these 4 of the 7 DL recruits work outxeekx. We are D-line U.

813Jag
April 28th, 2007, 11:27 AM
4 QBs 3 logged starting time last year. Not by design, also we're pretty deep at WR.

EKU05
April 28th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I'd say QB right now. We're taking guys who were once considered QBs to build around and moving them to other positions. As far as guys still in the running to be calling signals we have...

Sr. Josh Greco--The 2005 OVC offensive POY should be healthy again after playing all of last season with a messed up throwing wrist.

Jr. Allan Holland--The Wake Forrest Transfer got a good amount of meaningful PT last year in his first season at Eastern. He played well, and there's no reason to believe he won't get a decent number of snaps this season.

Fr. Cody Watts--Seems to be the future right now. He was expected to push both of the veterans in Spring practice...and he did. He'll probably be #3 this year only by virtue of his inexperience.

Bison06
April 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I would have to say Linebacker at NDSU. We have arguably the best group in the country, with IMO the best linebacker in the country in Joe Mays. They all have excellent players behind them fighting for those spots.

fuEMO
April 28th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Furman and BL get ribbed abit for being old-school I. But Furman is building receiver depth. Just wondering does anybody else have as many six-foot plus receivers? Furman will have nine receivers on scholarship for 07:

Patrick Sprague SR 6-1 200 Smart, fast quick thinking receiver.
Joe Watson SR 5-11 180 Great possession type.
Ryan McKie SR 5-11 190 Great hands. Better blocker.
RJ Webb SO 6-3 205 Size. Speed. Hands. Will be a star.
Keiron Williams SO 5-11 175 Speed.
Adam Mims RSFR 5-9 188 Rocket Speed.
Eric Atchley RSFR 6-3 175 Size. Hands.
Sederrik Cunningham FR 5-11 188 Could be the star of the 07 class.
David Hendrix FR 6-4 190 Size. Deceptive speed.

CopperCat
April 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM
If not DL, LB is also deep at MSU.

DFW HOYA
April 28th, 2007, 04:06 PM
With Georgetown's lack of depth in 2007, I'll pass on this topic.

bjtheflamesfan
April 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Sly Fox or SJ could differ with me on this one but I think our deepest positions are WR, RB, OL and LB right now

ucdtim17
April 28th, 2007, 05:14 PM
It's gotta be WR and LB. We've got 5-7 big talented receivers that will see playing time this year. 3 returning starting LB's plus 2 RS freshmen that will be pushing hard for pt.

TE as well - several talented options

PantherRob82
April 28th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I'm really curious to see how our 3 and 4's play in the real season. It's tough to tell exactly how good they are from the spring game.

appfan2008
April 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I would agree:

Josh Joshson (young, nice size, good hands, will be an excellent 3rd down receiver, i.e. the UMass game last year)

Others to watch for: Matt Cline (walk-on who is shining) and Reynaldo Hunter (a nature athlete but has had grade issues).

I hear we lost Wilson would would have been a great replacement for Mayfield with his size and speed.

Also deep at QB (Edwards and Elder) and RB (KR and Moore is going to be good as well). In 2008 ASU's biggest question mark (d-line) could be even deeper than the WR position given the rumored transfers and if these 4 of the 7 DL recruits work outxeekx. We are D-line U.
i was just going off the top of my head but when you list all of the wide recievers it really is amazing how many we have

rmutv
April 28th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Without a doubt, in terms of numbers and talent, it is wide receiver for the Robert Morris Colonials:

Sr. Mario Hines (starter)
Sr. Alvin Hill (starter)
Sr. Jullian Ellison
Jr. Regis Flowers
So. Sherrod Evers (slot receiver).
So. Lewin Rudell.
So. Frankie Probst
So. Greg Johnson
So. Jeffrey O'Neal
So. Jeff Klingler
So. Bruce Goolsby
Fr. Terrance Green (likely 4th wideout...big dude)

GOKATS
April 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM
If not DL, LB is also deep at MSU.

Cats are very deep at both of those this year.

JohnStOnge
April 28th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm not as "in the know" as some other McNeese fans but I'm guessing wide receiver for the Cowboys.

Lionsrking
April 29th, 2007, 01:33 AM
For Southeastern Louisiana, RB, DB, and WR are the deepest positions. We have four quality running backs who are capable of starting, and now that we're running an offense that will feature the tailback, Jay Lucas has a chance to put up All-American type numbers. We have a lot of depth in the secondary and have several talented young receivers. We're thin in the interior DL and need a young QB to step up.

slycat
April 29th, 2007, 02:59 AM
i would have to go with rb at texas state. we have many good rbs lined up for next season.

CSUBUCDAD
April 29th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Definately LB. We have 15 on the roster now and 2 incoming recruits

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 29th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Running Back

Returning all 4 from last fall Chris Ward,Chad Kackert, Robert Simpson, and Matt O'Brien, and adding red shirt freshman Sean Jellison to the mix.

RichH2
April 29th, 2007, 11:41 AM
While rb is 2 to 3 deep , I would say wrs are deepest. At least 18 on roster with good size and some very good speed. Even with that look to see 2 of the frosh get some pt.

bobbythekidd
April 29th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Definately LB. We have 15 on the roster now and 2 incoming recruits
dayum

Ronbo
April 29th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Our deepest positions are on Offense in my opinion. Probably in this order.

RB - 4 players that could start for most Big Sky teams and have all started games for the Griz.

OL - We have 9 of the 10 two deep back from last year plus Center JD Quinn coming aboard.

WR - At least 8 players here that could start for the Griz.

Defense is pretty solid across the board two deep except Tackle, there we have good starters but inexperience after that.

Borat
April 29th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Don't forget Coco Hillary...he got moved to WR.

I would agree:

McTailGator
April 29th, 2007, 10:04 PM
At UNI, I would have to say running back. I think 2-3 guys could get dinged up and we wouldn't lose much, if anything at all from 1st string.

WideOut... We are really loaded there.

andy7171
April 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I'd say it would have to be RB or WR.
Towson's school newspaper recently interviewed HC Gordy Combs about the position of RB
Towerlight Article (http://media.www.thetowerlight.com/media/storage/paper957/news/2007/04/23/Sports/Rushing.Through.The.Spring-2876930.shtml)
5 deep at RB is nice!

LBPop
April 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
DOGGY

I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but I was curious to see how many posts it would take before someone would take it to that level. It took only three...congratulations, Citdog! xlolx

phillyAPP
April 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but I was curious to see how many posts it would take before someone would take it to that level. It took only three...congratulations, Citdog! xlolx

Da Cit-DOG is always on his game. Deep in many positions,favorite in the doggy. And I understand his reasons. I was in Charleston for the boat show this weekend. OH MY GOD,a city with 8-1 female to male and beautifully dressed in their dresses and tight shorts. Almost heaven. xeekx xeekx

CID1990
April 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yes, we have our scenery down here.

citdog
April 30th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Yes, we have our scenery down here.

only place i have ever seen it better is Ole Miss

Cobblestone
April 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM
We're pretty deep at RB.

Jacks02
April 30th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Defensive line.

Most of the players return from last year plus we had some studs wearing red-shirts who will be in the mix as well.

ASUMountaineer
May 1st, 2007, 05:03 PM

Going pretty deep with the RBs too. KRich and Devon Moore. Throw in Hennessee at FB and we've got some solid play there.

Jag4Life
May 10th, 2007, 04:55 PM
For SU it will be .... Defensive Line, Defensive Backs, and Quarterbacks, oh and Wide Recievers!