PDA

View Full Version : Hampton's Pub Pays Off

HIU 93
April 27th, 2007, 08:05 AM
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-18004sy0apr27,0,705600.story?coll=dp-widget-sports

Check out some quotes from the article-

While the recognition is flattering, Hampton could reap more tangible benefits from the recent attention. Potential transfers from schools in the Big Ten, SEC and Big East attended Hampton's recent spring football scrimmage.... all of them committed to HU that weekend.

Taylor would like to take advantage of that in ways other than recruiting. He said informal talks are underway at the school to improve facilities. Subjects include stadium expansion of about 2,000 seats and a new football facility.

The facility would house locker rooms, a weight room, training rooms and academic support rooms.

GannonFan
April 27th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I agree, Hampton is beginning to stamp themselves as a good team year in and year out. They still don't have the post season success yet, and until they get better at the line of scrimmage they won't, but the rest of the MEAC should be on notice - while Fla A&M was good in the conference all those years before their disaster with flirting with I-A ball, Hampton is starting to look like they could exceed that success. Pretty soon Hampton could be the Montana of the MEAC (great ring to that, actually) - the perennial conference champ with everyone else playing for second or the occassional tie at the top.

89Hen
April 27th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Hopefully that pays dividends for the Pirates. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
April 27th, 2007, 09:49 AM
they are becoming an elite REGULAR SEASON team in fcs

GannonFan
April 27th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Now, now, let's be nice. The same could have been said of Appy St until 2005 and their first national title. Before that Appy St didn't see a lot of long post-season runs. Give them time, they'll start winning.

AppGuy04
April 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Now, now, let's be nice. The same could have been said of Appy St until 2005 and their first national title. Before that Appy St didn't see a lot of long post-season runs. Give them time, they'll start winning.

like Peyton Manning

HIU 93
April 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Look here, young buck. This ain't the smack board. If you want to start talking schitt, we can head over there. Be forewarned, I have been snappin' on people since before you were an itch in your daddy's drawers.xlolx

flexbone
April 27th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Pretty soon Hampton could be the Montana of the MEAC (great ring to that, actually) - the perennial conference champ with everyone else playing for second or the occassional tie at the top.

I would say they ARE the Montana of the MEAC. I just wish they could get the Monkey off their backs with regards to the playoffs. But it is coming their doing the right things.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
April 27th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I dunno, could be a while yet before Hampton sees a playoff win. Given the geography, they'll always end up with a CAA team or maybe a SoCon team. In either case, Hampton has not shown it can hang with the top of either leagues. Yes, they've had wins before against teams in those leagues, but not against playoff caliber teams in those leagues.

I don't blame Hampton, they do pretty much all they can. The rest of the MEAC needs to improve to make Hampton a more playoff tested team in my opinion. Until then, like for Coastal, it's one and done.

GannonFan
April 27th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I dunno, could be a while yet before Hampton sees a playoff win. Given the geography, they'll always end up with a CAA team or maybe a SoCon team. In either case, Hampton has not shown it can hang with the top of either leagues. Yes, they've had wins before against teams in those leagues, but not against playoff caliber teams in those leagues.

I don't blame Hampton, they do pretty much all they can. The rest of the MEAC needs to improve to make Hampton a more playoff tested team in my opinion. Until then, like for Coastal, it's one and done.

What do you mean they can't hang with them? I'm a CAA backer, but Hampton only lost by 7 in a game at W&M in 2004, in a game that Hampton actually had them on the ropes. And then Hampton only lost by 3 to UNH last year. That seems like hanging to me.

NYSigma
April 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM
What the heck are you talking about? With the exception of losing to Richmond (who beat everybody) we've lost by 15 to the Nat'l champs that year YSU (5 turnovers), 8 to Conn (who moved up to DIV 1A next year) W&M by 7 and UNH by 3!!! We're playing the top teams!!! So using your analogy since we lost then JMU can't hang with us since we beat ya'll twice (both times at your place).

mcveyrl
April 27th, 2007, 03:10 PM
What the heck are you talking about? With the exception of losing to Richmond (who beat everybody) we've lost by 15 to the Nat'l champs that year YSU (5 turnovers), 8 to Conn (who moved up to DIV 1A next year) W&M by 7 and UNH by 3!!! We're playing the top teams!!! So using your analogy since we lost then JMU can't hang with us since we beat ya'll twice (both times at your place).

The man has a point. xbawlingx xbawlingx

HIU 93
April 27th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Let the Church say AMEN!!!!