PDA

View Full Version : SHSU - Schedules Kansas for 2008

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2007, 07:41 AM
SHSU, which has played other Big XII foes in Texas and Baylor in recent years with Oklahoma St on the schedule this year, will play Kansas in Lawrence in 2008. SHSU is already currently scheduled to play a home game against North Dakota State.
-----------------------
For 2008, Kansas will start with nonconference games against Florida International and Louisiana Tech at Memorial Stadium. The Jayhawks then will travel to Tampa, Fla., to play South Florida, before returning to Lawrence and finishing the nonconference season with NCAA Division I-AA Sam Houston State.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/apr/27/jayhawks_finalize_2008_schedule/?football

slycat
April 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM
SHSU, which has played other Big XII foes in Texas and Baylor in recent years with Oklahoma St on the schedule this year, will play Kansas in Lawrence in 2008. SHSU is already currently scheduled to play a home game against North Dakota State.
-----------------------
For 2008, Kansas will start with nonconference games against Florida International and Louisiana Tech at Memorial Stadium. The Jayhawks then will travel to Tampa, Fla., to play South Florida, before returning to Lawrence and finishing the nonconference season with NCAA Division I-AA Sam Houston State.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/apr/27/jayhawks_finalize_2008_schedule/?football

not bad. bomar will have a year under his belt and kansas is usually near the bottom of the big 12. i can see an upset.

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
not bad. bomar will have a year under his belt and kansas is usually near the bottom of the big 12. i can see an upset.

KU plays Southeastern Louisiana this year...

SHSU will probably have a schedule reminiscent of 2004 in 2008. They will have four SLC games (including Texas rivals SFA and TXST and the always tough McN) at home. Throw in NDSU at home as well as a likely sub-Div I foe. That's six home games with SHSU possibly being able to get a seventh.

Road schedule should be as "easy" as it can come in the SLC with NWST, NICH and UCA plus a winnable FBS game against Kansas.

On another scheduling note, SHSU starts a four year home-and-home with Western Illinois in 2009.

appfan2008
April 27th, 2007, 09:08 PM
good luck app didnt play well when we played them in 05

hopefully you all can take one home for fcs!

GeauxLions94
April 27th, 2007, 09:30 PM
KU plays Southeastern Louisiana this year...

Yep xnodx xnodx xnodx , we play in Lawrence Sept. 8 after opening at New Mexico State. Other than those two trips, we only leave the state once the remaining of the season (at Texas State in November).

UNHWildCats
April 27th, 2007, 10:47 PM
kick the jayhawks azzes