PDA

View Full Version : MAAC Scheduling 2008

DFW HOYA
April 25th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Though not the ideal solution to the MAAC's problems, how about this--each team plays the other home and away each season.

This increases conference games to six and meets the Division I requirement of at least half of its games against teams in the same division. In the meantime, the MAAC leadership could work on adding more schools; though, to be honest, they haven't recruited a new school to the MAAC in over eight years.

Fresno St. Alum
April 25th, 2007, 08:39 PM
The reformed GNAC in D-II will do home and away within the conference, as did the old version of the GNAC. They have 5 (Humboldt St., W.Washington, C.Washington, W.Oregon, and Dixie St.)

DFW HOYA
April 25th, 2007, 08:57 PM
The Division III NESCAC is evn more close-knit.

It's a 10 team conference but teams are allowed to only play eight games, so all its games are within the conference.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2007, 08:42 AM
The best thing for the MAAC to do is to give a cr@p and say, collectively, that their brand of football is worth saving. Then, what would be best is if the MAAC commissioner would get on the phone with every possible sub-D-I AD to find out if there's any interest in joining the MAAC in all sports. Barring that, it's time to look at other A-10 or Big East members to possibly start football up again.

I have seen no evidence of this from their leadership.

Go...gate
April 26th, 2007, 10:47 AM
The Division III NESCAC is evn more close-knit.

It's a 10 team conference but teams are allowed to only play eight games, so all its games are within the conference.

Ugh. There are many at Colgate that want us in the NESCAC. xnonono2x

UNHWildCats
April 28th, 2007, 12:25 AM
thats interesting scheduling idea

Seawolf97
April 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Colgate in D-3? Couldnt even imagine itxeekx xeekx Those little teams wouldnt know what hit them!

Go...gate
April 29th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Colgate in D-3? Couldnt even imagine itxeekx xeekx Those little teams wouldnt know what hit them!

Problem is we have a bunch of little faculty who would like nothing better than to kiss the asses of Williams and Amherst. It is an abomination, though I don't think it will happen in the next 50 years.

Seawolf97
April 29th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Stonybrook had problems moving up to D-1. Alot of the faculty and students were dead set against a sports factory mind set developing and no academics.

appfan2008
April 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM
id say go for it... should be interesting to see home and home every year!

andy7171
April 30th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Problem is we have a bunch of little faculty who would like nothing better than to kiss the asses of Williams and Amherst. It is an abomination, though I don't think it will happen in the next 50 years.
xconfusedx ??kiss or kick?? xconfusedx

Pageoner
April 30th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Williams and Amherst are top tier D3 programs
but still. thats wack.

Seahawks Fan
April 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
It's a better idea than scheduling Division III or having a nine game schedule. In the long run the MAAC schools have to decide where they want to go.

Seawolf97
April 30th, 2007, 07:17 PM
If they paln to continue football for 2008 and beyond and I dont even know how they would recruit. That would be a tough sell for any coach.

seahawkfan2007
May 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM
MAAC and NEC could merge with a few possible adjustments. 1) Albany moves to CAA or Big South 2) CCSU moves to the CAA or Big South 3) Wagner becomes the 8th team in the Patriot 4) St. Peter's becomes an independent. The NEC would then consist of:
1. Monmouth
2. Iona
3. Sacred Heart
4. Marist
5. RMU
6. St. Francis (Pa)
7. Duquesne
8. La Salle

boo
May 2nd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Wagner to the Patriot? That's the first of heard of that. Is that a real rumor, or something you made up?

~~Boo

LUHawker
May 2nd, 2007, 08:58 AM
Wagner to the Patriot? That's the first of heard of that. Is that a real rumor, or something you made up?

~~Boo

That would be wild wishful thinking.

faxjusfax
May 2nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
MAAC and NEC could merge with a few possible adjustments. 1) Albany moves to CAA or Big South 2) CCSU moves to the CAA or Big South 3) Wagner becomes the 8th team in the Patriot 4) St. Peter's becomes an independent. The NEC would then consist of:
1. Monmouth
2. Iona
3. Sacred Heart
4. Marist
5. RMU
6. St. Francis (Pa)
7. Duquesne
8. La Salle

No love for St. Peter's, huh?

Seawolf97
May 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
That new NEC arrangement would have Monmouth and Robert Morris taking turns being conference champs. Thats alot of shuffling to accomodate 4 non scholarship teams.

Seahawks Fan
May 3rd, 2007, 10:21 AM
Wagner is staying in the NEC. But I wouldn't preclude the NEC accepting some of the MAAC schools, particularly Marist and Iona.