PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline announces College Fantasy Football Game - no love for I-AA

kardplayer
August 4th, 2005, 12:32 PM
No big surprise there - CBS built it and only put I-A conferences in. Really no logical reason for that, since the stat feeds shouldn't be extra cost to have I-AA squads in there.

If you are interested in playing with I-AA players, send me an email at [email protected]. We had 16 people last year and I'd love to see us hit 32 this year.

There's no cost to play and there are no prizes. Its all about the love of the game.

Ronbo
August 4th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Well look at the numbers. CBS Sportsline is trying to attract visitors. There is probably 100 million or more Americans that follow I-A football. If they get 1/10th of 1% to their web site that's 100,000 visitors. I-AA has maybe 5 million fans, with 1 million that actually attend the games each week. If CBS got 1/10th 1% of those fans it would be just 5000 visitors. Not worth their time and money to set up anything for I-AA.

As far as mixing I-A with I-AA stats it wouldn't work. I-A fantasy players would know nothing about the I-AA players or teams. You'd have I-AA players in the top ten point getters and the I-A fantasy players would know nothing about them or the teams they play for. One thing about fantasy football is that you need to know the players and the teams, it's a must.

colgate13
August 4th, 2005, 01:43 PM
oh I'm in. Just sent you an email...

blur2005
August 5th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Me too. My problem is that I'm gone the entire second half of August, so a draft would be a problem for me...which sucks.

laparka316
August 9th, 2005, 03:46 PM
when are we drafting?

TigerFan17
August 9th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Well look at the numbers. CBS Sportsline is trying to attract visitors. There is probably 100 million or more Americans that follow I-A football. If they get 1/10th of 1% to their web site that's 100,000 visitors. I-AA has maybe 5 million fans, with 1 million that actually attend the games each week. If CBS got 1/10th 1% of those fans it would be just 5000 visitors. Not worth their time and money to set up anything for I-AA.

As far as mixing I-A with I-AA stats it wouldn't work. I-A fantasy players would know nothing about the I-AA players or teams. You'd have I-AA players in the top ten point getters and the I-A fantasy players would know nothing about them or the teams they play for. One thing about fantasy football is that you need to know the players and the teams, it's a must.

However, this could be used to expose I-AA to those I-A fans. If the hardcore football fans were forced to follow I-AA too in order to keep their teams up-to-par, they will have to look into I-AA... :D

saint0917
August 9th, 2005, 05:21 PM
No big surprise there - CBS built it and only put I-A conferences in. Really no logical reason for that, since the stat feeds shouldn't be extra cost to have I-AA squads in there.

If you are interested in playing with I-AA players, send me an email at [email protected]. We had 16 people last year and I'd love to see us hit 32 this year.

There's no cost to play and there are no prizes. Its all about the love of the game.

I think I sent you an email a few weeks ago, but I'll send it again just in case.

saint0917
August 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
oh I'm in. Just sent you an email...

And you were the first team I lost to last year, and it was all down hill after that. :bawling: My team must have been playing in the Snow :D