PDA

View Full Version : Interview With Sports Network's Matt Dougherty

Cooper
April 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
FCS guru Matt Dougherty talked to the Green Alert Dartmouth blog ...

* about whether the country appreciates how good FCS football is,
* about his FCS top five to start 2007,
* about his favorite FCS venues,
* about the FCS and the NFL draft,
* about what game he will open the 2007 season watching in person ...
* about whether the Ivy League presidents' decision not to allow teams to go to the playoffs has an impact on Top-20 voting. Click here to go to the blog (http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/).

Seawolf97
April 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Good article -right on about FCS football in the Northeast.

UNHWildCats
April 28th, 2007, 12:29 AM
kool

I enjoy reading his writing over on the Sports Network site

AppGuy04
April 28th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Thats gonna be my top 5 beginning the season

appfan2008
April 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM
nice interview... he is usually right on so it was nice to see he us number one

PantherRob82
April 28th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Good read. Tough to say on the Top 5 for this season. UNI looks great but I still don't know where we should start. Last year was a bust.

FlyYtown
April 28th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I never thought Matt was high on the Penguins; even when he was on MySportstalk in Youngstown.

He had us losing to JMU and ILLINOIS ST. in the playoffs.
Glad we proved him wrong then; maybe he should come to see what Stambaugh is like when we are actually winning; maybe then he will think we have one of the best venues in I-AA/FCS.

PantherRob82
April 30th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Stambaugh was fun last year. Looking forward to 2009. Long trip, but well worth it.

HensRock
May 1st, 2007, 08:25 AM
Good article -right on about FCS football in the Northeast.

"I've been to Harvard and Princeton and both were half full, if that. It's not just the Ivies. It's interesting. I've found that the way college football is looked at outside of the Northeast is so different. I've been in the Northeast all my life and even in places like Massachusetts and New Hampshire, where they've been really good lately, the crowd wasn't in it the way they are elsewhere. There wasn't as much tailgating. It was more of an event in the south and in places like Montana."

Matt needs to get to the TUB to see that FCS football in the northeast is alive and well. If you consider UD northeast that is. Being from New Hampshire, maybe he doesn't.

Ivytalk
May 1st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Very good insights from Mr. Dougherty, as usual.