PDA

View Full Version : CCU Annual Ritual - Picks Up Rings

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Seems annual atleast the way CCU has gone about winning three consecutive Big South titles. The Big South gets more and more challenging with each passing year. We'll see if the Chants can equal it this year. Click the link below to view the ring....

CCU football gets title rings (photos)
From staff reports

Members of Coastal Carolina University's football team received their Big South Conference championship rings on Thursday night in a small banquet at Brooks Stadium.

The rings are highlighted on one side by the designation of "State Champions 2006." Coastal Carolina beat every Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) team in the state - other than The Citadel - last season en route to an 9-3 record.

The Chanticleers won their third consecutive Big South title in November and were the first conference team to earn an invitation to the 16-team Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.

Last year's wins included a victory over then-No. 3 Furman. The Chants' season ended with an opening-round playoff loss to eventual champion Appalachian State.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/135/story/44722.html

andy7171
April 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Very cool. However, with Coastal's colors, they could have brightened that ring up with some ... uh ... teal(?)

Of course I haven't seen the other 2.

BeauFoster
April 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
The rings are highlighted on one side by the designation of "State Champions 2006." Coastal Carolina beat every Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) team in the state - other than The Citadel - last season en route to an 9-3 record.

That is likely to ruffle CitDog's feathers just a bit...xlolx

citdog
April 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
now the chants are inventing titles to give themselves. seems a bit like masturbation to me!

whoanellie
April 20th, 2007, 01:26 PM
when they beat UNC-Pembroke & Francis Marion they'll give themselves "Lords of the Swamp" titles i assume.

MarkCCU
April 20th, 2007, 01:28 PM
now the chants are inventing titles to give themselves. seems a bit like masturbation to me!

It's ok Citdog. We'll get you a SOCON ring this year:D

citdog
April 20th, 2007, 01:45 PM

i've got one already. the next one will be SOON!

Coastal89
April 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
What? Hell we put Gray on the sidelines for their game last year and the Pups still couldn't beat Furman. They better to get used to only beating Elon, WCU, and Chatty.

citdog
April 20th, 2007, 01:51 PM
What? Hell we put Gray on the sidelines for their game last year and the Pups still couldn't beat Furman. They better to get used to only beating Elon, WCU, and Chatty.

We are going to get used to beating everyone on our schedule this season except wisconsinxthumbsupx

mcveyrl
April 20th, 2007, 01:52 PM

Richmond did that last year in Virginia...

PaladinFan
April 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I hope the Furman players read that.

MarkCCU
April 20th, 2007, 02:11 PM
i've got one already. the next one will be SOON!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
April 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Richmond did that last year in Virginia...

And the Dukes took it out on the Spiders on their Homecoming like the Paladins will crush the Chants this year at the beach. xnodx

CCU97
April 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM
And the Dukes took it out on the Spiders on their Homecoming like the Paladins will crush the Chants this year at the beach. xnodx

The Paladins don't play the Chants at the beach this year....the game is in Greenville....and I'll let the game be played on the field....all the smack in the world doesn't change the fact that a cocky Furman and JMU came to Myrtle and lost...you both thought you were coming to town for an easy game at the beach...and we know you both want blood this year because even if it was a down year for your team...you should have beaten us and didn't.xoopsx

OL FU
April 20th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Seems annual atleast the way CCU has gone about winning three consecutive Big South titles. The Big South gets more and more challenging with each passing year. We'll see if the Chants can equal it this year. Click the link below to view the ring....

CCU football gets title rings (photos)
From staff reports

Members of Coastal Carolina University's football team received their Big South Conference championship rings on Thursday night in a small banquet at Brooks Stadium.

The Chanticleers won their third consecutive Big South title in November and were the first conference team to earn an invitation to the 16-team Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.

Last year's wins included a victory over then-No. 3 Furman. The Chants' season ended with an opening-round playoff loss to eventual champion Appalachian State.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/135/story/44722.html

No argument from mexbawlingx