PDA

View Full Version : Marty Of A Million Words

UNHWildCats
April 20th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I emailed UNH Athletic Director Marty Scarano yesterday asking if UNH would consider dropping Iona for a homedate with Appalachian State.

Mr Scarano responded today with this fabulous response.....

no

Come on Marty, you could have atleast adding...

Thanks for your interest

Marty Scarano

But nooooooooo all I got was

no

appfan2008
April 20th, 2007, 11:28 AM
damn that sucks...

i was sort of hoping that would have worked out... but i dont know if asu would have gone for it either...

UNHWildCats
April 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM
i cant believe i got a 1 word response :(

BeauFoster
April 20th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Haven't you e-mailed him before about a series with App? Either way, what a classic, "don't tell me how to do my job", response!

MarkCCU
April 20th, 2007, 12:02 PM
How great is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"no". What an ass

dbackjon
April 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM
WOW

GannonFan
April 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM
It's an answer - maybe he was busy??? xcoolx

UNHWildCats
April 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM
its new hampshire ona friday and his schedule has been complete since what Last October yaaaa soooo busy :p

Maybe he had to go and steal my idea and get on the phone with ASU lol

BigApp
April 20th, 2007, 12:20 PM
that was amazing, wasn't it?

no.

rcny46
April 20th, 2007, 12:28 PM
i cant believe i got a 1 word response :(

I can.Great PR work,Marty.

Peems
April 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM
now all the FCS world knows that he is a jerk xsmhx

UNHWildCats
April 20th, 2007, 12:43 PM
in my email to him i mentioned that i am a member of anygivensaturday a site for everything that is FCS now i hope he doesnt come here and see this cause then i might get a longer email bitching at me cause everyones ripping into him LMAO

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Peems
April 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM
not your fault. maybe he could have typed this

"no, but thanks for being a UNH fan and trying to help better our athletic department. however, we have already made a commitment to Iona and can not back out of the deal, thanks for you understanding.

Sincerely,
Marty

UNHWildCats
April 20th, 2007, 12:49 PM
i'm thinking the response woulda been more like

no! are you freaking crazy, were gonna take our 63-7 win against Iona and head down to Long Island to face Hofstra. Let some other poor sap be ASU's victim that week.

Sincerely,
Marty

UNHFan99
April 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Marty has been alittle busy lately though. They are redoing the entire gym and taking all of bleachers out and replacing them with new ones. The field house has been pretty crazy on the first floor around the administrations office and a reportedly getting a new scoreboard in the gym too. So there are a few projects going on. I still dont understand his one word response, but I can understand why they dont drop Iona and pick up ASU. It would be kind of bad business to drop a team at this point and pick up another one. Plus for Iona they need the 50 grand we give them for playing us at home. Plus playing in the A-10 you are naturally gonna lose 1 or 2 games in a good year and there is just no point in making unh's schedule any harder. The goal is to make the playoff's and then you can play the best teams no matter what. I would love to see a UNH - ASU matchup though, but I understand why its not gonna happen as long as we can get money for a Bowl Eligable game.

phillyAPP
April 20th, 2007, 06:42 PM

no! are you freaking crazy, were gonna take our 63-7 win against Iona and head down to Long Island to face Hofstra. Let some other poor sap be ASU's victim that week.

Sincerely,
Marty

I think he hurt your feelings.xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 20th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Travis,

Does Marty know you? Do you have any idea how many email notes a day he gets? Marty knows me by first name and I don't always get replies and when I do get a reply it is always short and to the point. In fact I've started writing my notes so that he can give me a "yes"or "no" answer because it increases the chances of getting a reply!

UNH is always understaffed and this has been a very hectic year with Marty being Chairman of the NCAA Men's Hockey Hockey Committee and UNH hosting the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Regionals, the Women's Hockey East Championship and the NCAA Skiing National Championship. Somehow all the turnover on the basketball team had to add a little extra to his plate this spring.

And like the others have suggested, dropping Iona for App State just doesn't make sense at this late date with already having a FBS $$$$$ game on the schedule. Now in 2009 if we don't have a FBS game, that's a whole different enchilada!

Sorry, but if I didn't know you and got the same question then I'm not sure I'd reply with much more than "no". JMHO, but it's just not a very reasonable question at this point in time.

Mod33
April 20th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I understand the guy could and maybe busy but he didnt even sign off with his name in the response all he wrote was "no"

Im not upset, i just thought the simple no response was amusing.

Mr. C
April 21st, 2007, 01:59 AM
If that was all he was going to write, why bother to even email you back?

MR. CHICKEN
April 21st, 2007, 07:14 AM

Sincerely,
Marty

EGGZACKLY.......................BAWKQ!

phillyAPP
April 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM
EGGZACKLY.......................BAWKQ!

I second that BAWKQ!!

xbeerchugx xbeerchugx

WSBE
April 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
First - I was hoping to find some thread that talked about UNH Spring practice, position battles, or updates on stadium improvement. Anything more than the 1 article per week in the Union Leader. Anyone?

So, I'm obviously disappointed to see that this is what we're talking about

I don't know Marty but isn't he the one shouting the loudest & doing the most to improve the conditions & upgrade the facilities for UNH football? It seems to me he's been our biggest advocate. His quotes in the paper & his efforts are always about stepping up & delivering to UNH football what they have delivered to us. Here is a paraphrased response he gave me in the heart of the playoffs a couple years ago to a more legit question/feedback re: facilities. At the time I had given him some negative & positive comments. I think his response is more representative than the "no" response that we've overreacted to: "...…your comments are well informed and frankly right on. We all have worked very hard the last few years to accomplish exactly what you outlined. It is imperative that our fan base grow and become engaged and that can only happen if we supply conveniences that they desire…Obviously we are very constrained due to the facility's barbaric conditions…That brings me to your last thoughts, frankly both of your observations are resultant of poor conditions in my estimation...so this is what we have to work with. The morale of the story is that the program has risen above all of this but I fear it can't go on forever if we don't address these issues. Thanks so much for your support, stay with us and help us recruit new "friends "of the program. Take Care