PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales

89Hen
August 2nd, 2005, 02:46 PM
Looks like UD's single game ticket sales have gotten off to a quick start. Sales started yesterday after 10,900 season tickets had been sold and already two of the games have only end zone seats remaining. The JMU and West Chester games must only have a couple thousand remaining. Here's hoping UD can make it 13 straight home sellouts by the end of the year.

LBPop
August 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
after 10,900 season tickets had been sold

What an amazing number. Congratulations to the Blue Birds of Delaware. Heck, just down the road from you we would be thrilled to attract as many fans as you have posts on this board. ;)

Hoo-ah
August 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the heads-up; just ordered tickets to the Umass/UD game! Can't wait...now I have to convince the wife to go. :bang:

Here's the link for tickets to the game:http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02003ADBB1D05470?artistid=827187&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

I wonder how fast it will take to sell-out--I've got mine. :hyped:

blukeys
August 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the heads-up; just ordered tickets to the Umass/UD game! Can't wait...now I have to convince the wife to go. :bang:

I assume you already bought the ticket. If she decides not to go you will be able to sell the ticket. Of course she could always go shopping at nearby Christiana Mall and since Delaware has no sales tax she can "save" you immense amounts of money.

Hoo-ah
August 2nd, 2005, 05:09 PM
I assume you already bought the ticket. If she decides not to go you will be able to sell the ticket. Of course she could always go shopping at nearby Christiana Mall and since Delaware has no sales tax she can "save" you immense amounts of money.

Great idea! thanks--she's my designated driver, so I have to keep her happy.

blukeys
August 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
Great idea! thanks--she's my designated driver, so I have to keep her happy.

Save the thanx until after you see the shopping bill. ;) ;) :D :D :D

catbob
August 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM
I know we've already sold out season tickets in the light blue zones and the stadium club.

Seating Chart (http://www.msubobcats.com/seatingcharts.php?schart=stadium_seating_)

I would guess that is somewhere around 3-4k tickets. This is the fastest we've sold out that section I guess, supposedly we are supposed to break our attendance record this year, we'll probably average about 12.5k-13.5k a game this year.

Everyone wants to see Lulay in his final season. :(

Ivytalk
August 2nd, 2005, 05:23 PM

No sales tax, true, but those friendly Delaware credit card issuers will sock you for 24%+! :eek:

Hoo-ah
August 2nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
No sales tax, true, but those friendly Delaware credit card issuers will sock you for 24%+! :eek:

A Harvard person with credit card debt--never met one of those around here. ;)

blukeys
August 2nd, 2005, 05:33 PM

And they will sign you up and approve you right at the game!!! :D :D :D

saint0917
August 2nd, 2005, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Hoo-ah]Thanks for the heads-up; just ordered tickets to the Umass/UD game! Can't wait...now I have to convince the wife to go. :bang:
[QUOTE]

If she doesn't go with you I'll go. :D

Hoo-ah
August 2nd, 2005, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Hoo-ah]Thanks for the heads-up; just ordered tickets to the Umass/UD game! Can't wait...now I have to convince the wife to go. :bang:
[QUOTE]

That may just happen--I might donate my extra ticket to Umassfan if he flies out for the game. You out there Umassfan?

89Hen
August 2nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Saint, you better get your arse down for this one. My schedule is all f'd up now and it's looking more like I will actually be at the UMass game now.

89Hen
August 2nd, 2005, 06:56 PM
I might donate my extra ticket to Umassfan
Only if he agrees to do the body paint again. An 'S' by himself would be worth me paying his airfare. :D

saint0917
August 2nd, 2005, 07:33 PM
Saint, you better get your arse down for this one. My schedule is all f'd up now and it's looking more like I will actually be at the UMass game now.

Unfortunately I can only make it to one away game, I'll be going to Colgate, I hope to hook up with Colgate13. I hope to make it down to Delaware in 2007.

Hoo-ah
August 2nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Only if he agrees to do the body paint again. An 'S' by himself would be worth me paying his airfare. :D

I remember that gang from the endzone :shakingma --Saint the tickets yours--if the wife can't/won't go. :smiley_wi

89Hen
August 3rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
I hope to make it down to Delaware in 2007.
I think we miss each other the next two years thanks to the 12 team conference. Next UD/UMass games will be in 2008 and 2009.

saint0917
August 3rd, 2005, 11:01 AM
I think we miss each other the next two years thanks to the 12 team conference. Next UD/UMass games will be in 2008 and 2009.

I'll be there :nod:

saint0917
August 3rd, 2005, 11:02 AM
I think we miss each other the next two years thanks to the 12 team conference.

89, do you know if their going split them into North and South?

89Hen
August 3rd, 2005, 11:21 AM
89, do you know if their going split them into North and South?
You mean when it moves to the CAA? Nothing will change from how it is today, just the conference name, and of course a conference commissioner that actually appreciates its football league. :D

DTSpider
August 3rd, 2005, 11:43 AM
Listening to Bruno today was a joke. She's the worst commissioner in the US.

saint0917
August 3rd, 2005, 05:29 PM

I'll second that.

DuckDuckGriz
August 3rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
Last I heard season ticket sales for the Griz were at 17k. As far as single game I am not sure.

blukeys
August 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM

She' the worst commissioner in the continent, hemisphere, world, solar system, galaxy, universe ...... :D :D :D

DaGriz
August 3rd, 2005, 07:51 PM
I'm suprised the JMU game wouldn't be one of the first to sell out after their season last year. Which game is the hardest to get tix for?

saint0917
August 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
She' the worst commissioner in the continent, hemisphere, world, solar system, galaxy, universe ...... :D :D :D

I'll second that one too. :D

RadMann
August 4th, 2005, 08:20 PM
If it is at home, the Nova game is the biggest game at UD. Nova is on the road this year though....

umassfan
August 5th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Ill take a free flight :D

ChickenMan
August 5th, 2005, 08:23 AM
I'm suprised the JMU game wouldn't be one of the first to sell out after their season last year. Which game is the hardest to get tix for?

Villanova (when it's at home) by a long shot... the UD/Nova rivalry is our equivalent of your Montana St game.

89Hen
August 5th, 2005, 09:06 AM
It looks like it most likely will be the first to sell out. I'm hoping they will all be hard to get tix for. :D but none sell out because of opponents bringing a lot of fans.