11/3 Savannah St.
11/10 at Coastal Carolina
11/17 Liberty

UNHWildCats
April 18th, 2007, 01:24 PM
So they moved the ASU game to accomadate a game for ASU wonder who its gonna be

appfan2008
April 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM
so i guess this officially makes our homecoming on oct 6 like everyone though and against gardner webb... interesting... i wonder why that is wildcats...

youwouldno
April 18th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Tough to basically start the season with 4 losses.

justsaying
April 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM
This may be by far the hardest schedule in big south history!!
This is how I see the results of the season
9/1 at Ohio L
9/8 Jacksonville (H) W
9/22 at Mississippi St. L
9/29 Austin Peay (H) W
10/6 at Appalachian St. L
10/13 at Wofford W
10/20 at VMI W
10/27 Charleston South. W
11/3 Savannah St.W
11/10 at Coastal CarolinaW
11/17 Liberty W

8-3 Not bad

Footix
April 18th, 2007, 02:30 PM
8-3 Not bad

I'm "just saying" your an idiot of you think that team is going 8-3. Can we be a little more realistic.

walliver
April 18th, 2007, 02:41 PM
This may be by far the hardest schedule in big south history!!
This is how I see the results of the season
9/1 at Ohio L
9/8 Jacksonville (H) W
9/22 at Mississippi St. L
9/29 Austin Peay (H) W
10/6 at Appalachian St. L
10/13 at Wofford W
10/20 at VMI W
10/27 Charleston South. W
11/3 Savannah St.W
11/10 at Coastal CarolinaW
11/17 Liberty W

8-3 Not bad

If a schedule with Jacksonville, Austin Peay and Savannah State is the hardest schedule in Big South history, that isn't saying much for the Big South. 5-6 is a more reasonable estimate IMHO.

justsaying
April 18th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I'm "just saying" your an idiot of you think that team is going 8-3. Can we be a little more realistic.

Im "Justsaying"

They will beat Jacksonville, Austinpeay, VMI, Charleston southern, Savannah state

It will be hard to beat Wofford, Coastal, Liberty. But I think they can do it!!

I am looking at the best case senario as any fan would do when looking at their teams schedule.

Gardner-Webb is returning 19 starters including 3 All americans in respective publications.

Coastal is losing alot of seniors, I don't know how it will affect them but history shows, seniors are a big part of any team.

Gardner-webb is 5-2 against liberty since 2000 and 8-4 overall

Wofford I am calling an upset.
So you wanna call me an idiot, state your arugment footixxx

adrianb
April 18th, 2007, 03:09 PM
If a schedule with Jacksonville, Austin Peay and Savannah State is the hardest schedule in Big South history...

You forgot Wofford

UNHWildCats
April 18th, 2007, 03:17 PM
my calculations have Gardner-Webb as the 3rd hardest Big South schedule in 2007

9. Charleston Southern .550
15. VMI .545
18. Gardner-Webb .542

justsaying
April 18th, 2007, 03:19 PM
If a schedule with Jacksonville, Austin Peay and Savannah State is the hardest schedule in Big South history, that isn't saying much for the Big South. 5-6 is a more reasonable estimate IMHO.

Ohio-Played for Div 1 MAC Championship
Mississippi State- Plays in one of the toughest conferences in the nation
Appalachian State Div 1 National Champions
Wofford- Preseason top 25 1AA

And I guarantee at least 2 big south schools will be in the 1-aa top 25 this year.

Keep in mind the big south is still a young conference that just started having football in 2002

SuperJon
April 18th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I see at most 5 wins for G-W.

Your "hard but it can be done" games are all on the road except for Liberty. I doubt you beat Coastal and Wofford at their places. I personally don't see you beating LU either.

Chuck South and VMI will be your two conference wins and then your other three conference wins.

I think you'll win 5 of your six home games and not win a game on the road.

justsaying
April 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I personally don't see you beating LU either.

Not sure but I think you said that last year also, oh yeah, weren’t they on the road at your place too..

justsaying
April 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM
my calculations have Gardner-Webb as the 3rd hardest Big South schedule in 2007

9. Charleston Southern .550
15. VMI .545
18. Gardner-Webb .542

Didn't you say this in another post

(Opponents Win % x 2) + (Opponents Opponents Win %)

The only exclusion is opponents opponents win % isnt factored in for Sub division I and Football Bowl Subdivision opponents.

So are calulating in the level of competition " Div 1a" "Div 1aa" or just simply the winning percentages??

SuperJon
April 18th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Yea, I said that last year, and we got out to a 21-0 lead and then gave the game away. We were also having QB issues (hadn't settled on one at the time, still flipping them) and our top running back and pass rusher was out that game.

Our coaching staff has had a year to get the kinks out, I don't see us choking away a 21-0 lead again.

Thumper250
April 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Hopefully the Flames won't have a 21-0 lead this time. I do think Liberty will be the class of the conference this year, along with G-W.

Don't know why everybody's sleeping on Gardner-Webb though. Sure, they stunk last year at times, especially late. But they were as young as any team in the country. Those kids have grown up, literally. I hear the S&C program there has shown some pretty positive results in speed/agility and size.

That's a huge plus.

Keep sleepin. October and November will be fun, other than that Oct. 6 date in the mountains.

justsaying
April 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Yea, I said that last year, and we got out to a 21-0 lead and then gave the game away. We were also having QB issues (hadn't settled on one at the time, still flipping them) and our top running back and pass rusher was out that game.

Our coaching staff has had a year to get the kinks out, I don't see us choking away a 21-0 lead again.

17-0 I think the lead was, and any team that comes back from 17 points at half time and wins is a good team and you should not sleep on them, you know that...xnonox It is what it is, you guys lost, kinks or not. If you want to make excuses, we had some issues we had to work out the first half, that’s why you had that big of a lead.

OLDLCOACH111
April 18th, 2007, 04:04 PM
This is getting interesting!!

Thumper250
April 18th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I will say that 6-5 is a legitimate goal with the losses coming at Ohio, at Miss. St., at Appalachian, at Wofford and either at Coastal or at home to Liberty.

let's be honest here. With liberty's resources, they should be in the top 10 every year at the FCS level. the amount of money poured into that program over the past 10-15 years is crazy compared to the results on the field.

They will be very good in 2007. or are supposed to be. again, don't sleep on G-W though. Ain't nobody runnin away with the Big South anytime soon.

It surprises me that people are so down on Coastal this year too. They'll be fine. State school, at the beach. they'll have players.

OLDLCOACH111
April 18th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I would say 6-5 or 7-4
Wins are austin peay, savannah, jacksonville, VMI, CSU,
and 1 or 2 wins between Liberty, Coastal, Wofford.. They wont beat all three, but are capable of beating two out of three...

BigApp
April 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM
You forgot Wofford

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx

SuperJon
April 18th, 2007, 05:51 PM
let's be honest here. With liberty's resources, they should be in the top 10 every year at the FCS level. the amount of money poured into that program over the past 10-15 years is crazy compared to the results on the field.

I agree completely. We now have a coach in that is moving in that direction. We've got one of the best playing surfaces in FCS and one of the best operation centers in FCS. Our weight room is phenomenal. With Coach Rocco and his staff, it won't be long until we get to that level.

Fresno St. Alum
April 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM
2 FBS games that's tough, didn't Maine come close to beating Miss St. or did they win it, the score was 9-7 I think.

youwouldno
April 18th, 2007, 07:44 PM
@Wofford is a definite loss...

rokamortis
April 18th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Not sure but I think you said that last year also, oh yeah, weren’t they on the road at your place too..

since you are reminding people of what they said last year.

Don't forget, Gardner-Webb has won the Big South Championship back to back seasons two years before coastal did, With a lot of starters coming back, I predict it is their turn to take back the crown.

justsaying
April 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Dang, there might as well be a Gardner Webb haters club in the smack column

adrianb
April 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Dang, there might as well be a Gardner Webb haters club in the smack column

They can if they want to, I don't care. Well not much anyway, but it does not take away from the fact we have big money coming.

g-webb1994
April 19th, 2007, 02:50 PM
How about a little realism here, removing my scarlet and black glasses for a second, and putting down my glass of Gardner-Webb Kool-Aid.xthumbsupx

at Ohio L
JACKSONVILLE W
at Mississippi State L
AUSTIN PEAY W
at Appalachian State L
at Wofford L
at VMI L
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN W
SAVANNAH STATE W
at Coastal Carolina L
LIBERTY W

I think we find a way to knock off Liberty in the home finale. Something about whipping Falwell's fat ass brings out the best in G-W.xlolx

I think we tank and lose at VMI simply for getting physically worn down by back-to-back road games at Appy and Wofford. Having our bye week early before MSU is not a good thing. I would have much rather seen SSU in September and squeeze in the bye week in the middle of the Big South schedule.

The only 'automatic' wins I see on the schedule are SSU and AP. I fully expect Kerwin Bell to bring intensity to JU. Coming off the physical opener, G-W had better be ready to play on 9/8, and not take Jax lightly.

If we pull a 6-5 winning record out of this one, Patton will have done his best coaching job yet at G-W, and I would fully expect him (and Pizzo) to receive offers from larger schools. It's a miracle we've kept Pizzo as long as we have with his pro level experience.

We have some definite big $$$ rolling into the football program this season, which is some solace to take in it all.

Seawolf97
April 19th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Looking forward to entering the Big South in 2008 -alot of strong teams

BigApp
April 19th, 2007, 10:40 PM
????

kicker
April 21st, 2007, 08:16 AM
we definately have our work cut out for us in '07. i hope we get a huge paycheck for going down to miss state. i was hoping for 6 home games instead of 5. my daughter is a cheerleader at g-dubb & a rising senior. also, welcome to stony brook!

Sly Fox
April 21st, 2007, 09:18 AM
Mark down one Liberty alum who gives G-W their respect. Both Liberty & G-Dub were freshmen & sophomore intensive a year ago and both should be much stronger this year as a result.

I don't even want to think about our matchup between the two of us last year. I've filed it in the "It Never Happened" corner of my mind from a year ago along with our William & Mary and Towson games. xbangx

GameTimeComethSoon
April 21st, 2007, 11:00 AM
Having seen G-W this spring with a good friend, they are more impressive physically and seem faster overall. That DE (#96) is an absolute monster.

New defense scheme is more suited to their players too. They seem improved over what I saw last year. Just an eyewitness account. As usual, they have a ton of talent at receiver.

I'd strongly advise not to discount their ability to win that league this year.xnonox

rokamortis
April 21st, 2007, 06:26 PM
That's teh thing about the Big South. We are still so young and teams still ahve a long way to go that you can't crown anyone the winner yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the teams make a run this year.

g-webb1994
April 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM
we definately have our work cut out for us in '07. i hope we get a huge paycheck for going down to miss state. i was hoping for 6 home games instead of 5. my daughter is a cheerleader at g-dubb & a rising senior. also, welcome to stony brook!

Rumor is G-W is going to get anywhere between $300K - $350K for the game in Starkville. Combine that with what they will get from Ohio U., and it helps out the athletic budget quite nicely.

An extra home game would have been nice too, but I'll take the exposure against an SEC opponent any day over a home game. I'm pondering making the road trip down there, seems to be about an 8-9 hour trip by auto. Athens, Ohio is just over the WV border too, that will only be a 6-7 hour trip.

The Gadfly
April 25th, 2007, 12:02 PM
OK. This is why I think y'all are going to be #2 (if not #1) in the Black Sheep Conference.

9/1 at Ohio. . . . . . . . . . L
- Not much to say about this one.

9/8 Jacksonville (H). . . . .W
- Should be a tough game but should not be a problem @ home.

9/22 at Mississippi St.. . . L
- Gotta love the blood $$$

9/29 Austin Peay (H). . . .W
- non-scholly should not be much of a problem @ Boiling Springs

10/6 at Appalachian St. . .L
- alot of blood, but unfortunately no $$$ this time.

10/13 at Wofford . . . . . . L
- if this was at the Springs it would have been a W, but it's not.

10/20 at VMI . . . . . . . . .W
- The Runnin' 'Roos may give ya a good challenge, but hopefully the dogs will end up on top.

10/27 Charleston South. . W
- They may have a defense but that's it.

11/3 Savannah St. . . . . . W
- should I even explain?

11/10 at Coastal Carolina . L
- again, if this was in Boiling Springs it would be a different story. #1 it's @ Hooters Stadium #2 we play tough at the end of the season.

11/17 Liberty . . . . . . . . .W
- Yeah yeah, they're going to be fast and they have a good coach, but I don't think the losing streak will end @ the Springs.

So what is that. . . 6-5? 3-1 in the BSC isn't too shabby. Do you guys not play PC this year?

The Gadfly
April 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Come on Footix, watch the personal attacks xnonox .