PDA

View Full Version : UCA Bears to get new VideoBoard

JoshUCA
April 17th, 2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.thecabin.net/stories/041707/spo_0417070021.shtml
(At the end of the story)

Looks like UCA is planning on having it ready before the start of this season!!!:D It has to be better than what we have right now...http://sandbox.ucafans.com/photostack/index.php?gallery=./Facilities/Football&image=fbscoreboard.jpg

andy7171
April 17th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Very cool! I wish Towson got a big Jumbotron like scoreboard for the new stadium!

MplsBison
April 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM
It's nice for the fans to see replays.

TexasTerror
April 17th, 2007, 10:25 AM
SLC is coming along nicely in adding new scoreboards to their facilities!

Keep it up SLC!

MplsBison
April 17th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Whose got them?

SFA, SHSU will get one?, and?

bobcatalum05
April 17th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Whose got them?

SFA, SHSU will get one?, and?

McNeese, Sam Houston, and SFA have one.

TXST and NWST LA are also getting a video board.

TexasTerror
April 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM

SHSU has a national-award winning video man working it's scoreboard...go PatsSle! xthumbsupx

NSUDemon98
April 17th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Northwestern St should have had theirs back for the 2004 season.

Balls were dropped...along with Louisiana red tape and here we are 3 years later and still nothing.

MplsBison
April 17th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Does LSU try to stop the other public schools from getting things?

NoCoDanny
April 17th, 2007, 12:26 PM
It's nice for the fans to see replays.

I prefer not being able to see them considering they usually have bad news. Having to see the plays once is plenty. xbawlingx

813Jag
April 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
No they usually get what they want first. A videoboard is great for any stadium. I enjoy the one at Mumford.

NSUDemon98
April 17th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Not really. LSU's athletic program is funded by TAF and TAF only...no state money, atleast that is what I am told.

Therefore, since no state money is used they can pretty much build whatever they want, whenver they want.

Now if they want to build a new engineering building with state money I would be willing to bet they make that process as smooth and wait free as possible.

You should go online and check out the plans for their new baseball/softball complex...top notch. And I don't even like LSU...

seantaylor
April 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
GSU does.

TxSt02
April 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Northwestern St should have had theirs back for the 2004 season.

Balls were dropped...along with Louisiana red tape and here we are 3 years later and still nothing.

one will be there this summer... from what i hear...

813Jag
April 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Not really. LSU's athletic program is funded by TAF and TAF only...no state money, atleast that is what I am told.

Therefore, since no state money is used they can pretty much build whatever they want, whenver they want.

Now if they want to build a new engineering building with state money I would be willing to bet they make that process as smooth and wait free as possible.

You should go online and check out the plans for their new baseball/softball complex...top notch. And I don't even like LSU...
Don't forget the new habitat for Mike the Tiger. Did they ever build that?

GeauxColonels
April 17th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Don't forget the new habitat for Mike the Tiger. Did they ever build that?
Yeah, that's been complete for over a year now...maybe even two. I actually went there the night before Hurricane Katrina and an older couple was talking about how the night was eerily like the night before Hurricane Betsy....turns out they were all too right :(

HERE'S THE LINK (http://www.mikethetiger.com/) to Mike's own cage.

Now back to our regularly scheduled FCS discussion:
Pretty much all the athletic projects at LSU are funded through the Tiger Athletic Foundation which is an enormous organization. Plus, the football program is COMPLETELY self-sufficient So, the powers that be at LSU don't really bother with what's going on at the other state schools. The problem really is just the way that the system in Louisiana is set up. Too much bureacracy.

But it's good to see these other schools getting video boards. I can only hope that Nicholls State gets live video capabilities in the near future. xprayx

Seat16Demon
April 19th, 2007, 09:21 AM
one will be there this summer... from what i hear...

Perhaps, just don't hold your breath or anything. xcoffeex
It is amazing where red tape comes from.