PDA

View Full Version : Portland State Spring Drills (pics inside)

RobsPics
April 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM
First day of PSU's spring practice!
More here:
http://www.robspics.com/gallery.html

http://robspics.com/gallery/albums/album41/IMG_2666.jpg

http://robspics.com/gallery/albums/album41/IMG_2756.jpg

http://robspics.com/gallery/albums/album41/IMG_2796.jpg

mtgrizfan4life
April 16th, 2007, 07:47 PM
How are the Vikings looking this spring? What kind of impact is Glanville having? (good.bad, indifferent, too early to tell)

PSUVikings
April 16th, 2007, 07:50 PM
according to what I have heard, what was expected happend, the offense will take time to get down, but all the QB's looked good, if Mouse can get them up to snuff we will average 35+ PPG easily next year.

GOKATS
April 16th, 2007, 10:09 PM
according to what I have heard, what was expected happend, the offense will take time to get down, but all the QB's looked good, if Mouse can get them up to snuff we will average 35+ PPG easily next year.

Wishing ya the best next year, but to say that any BSC team is going to 'easily' average 35+ PPG next year might be a bit of a stretch.xsmiley_wix

Jackluv
April 16th, 2007, 10:23 PM
looking forward to see how NAU and PSU's offenses compare....NAU had the most explosive offense this year and i know Jerry loves that same style :)

laxVik
April 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Wishing ya the best next year, but to say that any BSC team is going to 'easily' average 35+ PPG next year might be a bit of a stretch.xsmiley_wix
Hey it's early. People can dream. Should be an exciting year nonetheless. xrotatehx

appfan2008
April 16th, 2007, 11:02 PM
looks like jerry has added a few pounds!

MplsBison
April 17th, 2007, 09:44 AM

Just because you run a spread you think you can just sling it on anyone?

I love when teams like that play NDSU. Worked out nice for us the past few years.

laxVik
April 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM

I love when teams like that play NDSU. Worked out nice for us the past few years.
Oh gee. Ok. Rats then. I guess you guys are too awesome so we'll make sure to go I-formataion if we ever play you. xeyebrowx

andy7171
April 17th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Oh gee. Ok. Rats then. I guess you guys are too awesome so we'll make sure to go I-formataion if we ever play you. xeyebrowx
xlolx xlolx
Welcome to AGS laxVik!
xpeacex

laxVik
April 17th, 2007, 11:13 AM
xlolx xlolx
Welcome to AGS laxVik!
xpeacexThanks! Great site here. xthumbsupx

Pageoner
April 17th, 2007, 12:15 PM
man UNH vs. PSU would be one helluva innovative offensive matchup!

SoCalAggie
April 17th, 2007, 01:04 PM
It should be an intersesting match up for the Portland St. vs UC Davis game on Sept. 8th. Our defensive backfield will be somewhat young and inexperienced going up against a passing attack philosophy. I'm just glad it will be early in the season and hopefully the Vikings new passing game will still be rusty. Overall, it should even things out though. Looking forward to a good match up in Portland.

McNeese75
April 17th, 2007, 03:50 PM

Based on what????

UNH QB is proven but will miss Ball in 2007. Nothing in the new PSU system is proven at this time. xconfusedx

CopperCat
April 17th, 2007, 04:19 PM

No kidding!xeekx xeekx xthumbsupx

MplsBison
April 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM
What a yawner that would be.

Nothing but passing all day.

RobsPics
April 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM
What a yawner that would be.

Nothing but passing all day.

Stay home under your blanket then.

No one needs your sour puss 'tude.

PSUVikings
April 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM

The R&S offense has proven strong for years, when Mouse ran it in the 80's it was unstoppable, when an 0-12 Hawaii football team ran it in year 1 they were unstoppable. This offense is designed not just to score alot but score quickly, I think once we get the jist of it we will be scoring alot.

Pageoner
April 17th, 2007, 09:00 PM
for all the haters on the spread

i know this isnt FCS
but just look what happened when Florida played Ohio st.

Spread=reigns supreme.

Mountain Panther
April 17th, 2007, 10:39 PM
In Portland right now and just read today's article in the Oregonian...pretty good. Although I still think you should replace whatever that is on the helmets with the image below....

http://goviks.com/images/home/head1.jpg

slostang
April 17th, 2007, 10:44 PM
In Portland right now and just read today's article in the Oregonian...pretty good. Although I still think you should replace whatever that is on the helmets with the image below....

http://goviks.com/images/home/head1.jpg
I agree. I like the above image. The other one is nice but reminds me of a motorcycle helmet.

CopperCat
April 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
What's the RB situation like at PSU? You guys had that stud there for a few years (I think he is gone, his name also escapes me).

laxVik
April 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Mu'Ammar Ali (transfer from NMSU) is petitioning for another year.

CopperCat
April 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM

I also see that you have quite a few returning WR's, a few of them with good size. That will certainly help in your type of offense you have out there.

laxVik
April 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM
The more the merrier. The system will take some time. As enthusiastic as I am there's a learning curve for both sides of the ball. Mouse is a good qb coach which will help. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

JALMOND
April 18th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Remains to be seen as to how we will be this year, the first in the Glanville/Davis era. Both Ali and Kirkland are petitioning for another year (jury is still out on both, don't really know if they will be eligible or not). Davis has been running this offense for a long time and, if the players buy into it, we will definitely score some points. Whether it will translate into a win in either Lake Charles or Missoula, and whether the Cats can shut it down remains to be seen. I'm penciling us in for third in the Big Sky right now, behind the Griz and Cats. November should be interesting.

MplsBison
April 18th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Spread=reigns supreme.

Must be why all the NFL teams use it.

andy7171
April 18th, 2007, 09:10 AM
College football isn't the NFL. Does the triple option offense work in the NFL? How did Danny Wueffel do at Florida? Why didn't Charlie Ward play in the NFL after winning the Heismann? Eric Crouch? Jason White?

McNeese75
April 18th, 2007, 10:23 AM

It just might be because ALL NFL teams have the athletes to run that offense which of course is not the case at the college level. I do not have any links or support but I have to assume there are college teams running the spread offense that stink it up pretty good due to lack of appropriate personnel. xnodx

Pageoner
April 18th, 2007, 10:58 AM
the worst spread offense is probably New Mexico St

Peems
April 18th, 2007, 11:43 AM

I think he was thinking of Joe Rubin from a few years ago.

laxVik
April 18th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I think he was thinking of Joe Rubin from a few years ago.Graduated. We've had some good ones. Before him was Ryan Fuqua.

Peems
April 18th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Graduated. We've had some good ones. Before him was Ryan Fuqua.

and before him wasn't it charles dunn?

laxVik
April 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM
and before him wasn't it charles dunn?Yup.

aggie6thman
April 18th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I am really looking forward to making the trip up there!

Ronbo
April 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Portland is a lot of fun but there is a lot of weirdies in the downtown area.xlolx

RobsPics
April 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Portland is a lot of fun but there is a lot of weirdies in the downtown area.xlolx

Just some people down on their luck, homless, adiccts, etc. No need to be afraid of anyone in downtown Portland.

Pageoner
April 18th, 2007, 10:01 PM
dont they not arrest the addicts in portland
saw a documentary on it
thats why alot of vagrant youth go to portland

laxVik
April 18th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Wouldn't doubt it. I believe Bush senior called Portland "Little Beirut" given all the protests during his visits.

Grizo406
April 18th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the pics, Rob. Great, as usual!

Beside Montana State, PSU is the only game I'm worried about this season.

DaGriz
April 18th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the pics, Rob. Great, as usual!

Beside Montana State, PSU is the only game I'm worried about this season.

You mean until the playoffs? xsmiley_wix

DaGriz
April 18th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I am really looking forward to making the trip up there!

The great thing about their stadium is you can drink inside during the game. It doesn't get much better than that. Plus, the location right down town is nice.

Casey_Orourke
April 18th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Yup.

before that was Derrik Holmes and Steve Papin. Portland State has always been able to recruit top running backs, who have managed to have outstanding individual seasons, but as we all know, one oustanding player a team does not make. Maybe with JG as the head coach PSU may begin to attract the quality players who would have gone out of stae to play will stay instate instead

Grizo406
April 19th, 2007, 12:21 AM
You mean until the playoffs? xsmiley_wix

I didn't want to sound like another "loud mouth Griz fan", but that is precisely what I meant!:D :D xthumbsupx

aggie6thman
April 19th, 2007, 12:30 AM
The great thing about their stadium is you can drink inside during the game. It doesn't get much better than that. Plus, the location right down town is nice.

Oh hoooooooooooray!! xprost2x xprost2x

CopperCat
April 19th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Graduated. We've had some good ones. Before him was Ryan Fuqua.

That guy was good. I remember watching him very vividly.