PDA

View Full Version : Spring Games

YoUDeeMan
April 14th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Delaware has its spring game today at noon.

The teams -- Blue is offense and White is defense -- will run about 90 plays in a moderately controlled format using a scoring system that awards the defense for various accomplishments, such as forcing turnovers and causing a change in possession.

Things are looking up for the Hens as the offfence looks great and the defense is going to be a lot better than last year.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070414/SPORTS07/704140345/1002/sports

How do things look for your team? What kind of spring game does our team run?

appfan2008
April 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
asu sort of had the same thing... it isnt really a game more of an 11 on 11 practice and for some reason ours was like a month ago now

g-webb1994
April 14th, 2007, 10:34 AM
G-W had theirs on 3/31, and used some sort of odd scoring system that ended up in a 53-53 tie. They said the players and coaching staff liked it, so that is most important in the long run.

Really wish we had one of our cupcake games instead of opening the year at D-1 Ohio....hope the paycheck is good.

MarkCCU
April 14th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Charleston Southern has thier tody at 10am.

GeauxColonels
April 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Nicholls State held their game a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to make it, but I'm still trying to figure out why (and HOW) it was a West vs East game?!?! xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

SPRING GAME RELEASE (http://www.colonelsports.com/football%20releases/Spring%20Game%2007.htm)

DTSpider
April 14th, 2007, 11:50 AM
UR had the game on the 7th. Blue vs White. Blue was first team offense & second team defense, White was first team defense & second team offense. Ran a full game with all the normal rules, except running clock in the second half and change of position was always at the 30 (they still punted but blew the play dead).

http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/rich-m-footbl-body.html

GOKATS
April 14th, 2007, 12:20 PM
MSU just started spring ball on Tues. First scrimmage is today.

Spring game is on the 28th in Great Falls, televised on Altitude tv.

GeauxLions94
April 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
We had ours March 31. Pretty good running effort from Jay Lucas and Kendrick Perry (can he break out and have a good year xprayx xprayx xprayx).

Texas State has their Spring Game today (4/14).

NDSUFREAK
April 14th, 2007, 12:48 PM
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! xhurrayx

catbob
April 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Does anyone else have their spring game televised? I still can't believe a regional station like Altitude is broadcasting our spring game.

BisonBabe
April 14th, 2007, 02:33 PM
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! xhurrayx

And I can't wait need my fix of Bison football. Also need to pick up the season tickets this month.xthumbsupx

appfan2008
April 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM
UR had the game on the 7th. Blue vs White. Blue was first team offense & second team defense, White was first team defense & second team offense. Ran a full game with all the normal rules, except running clock in the second half and change of position was always at the 30 (they still punted but blew the play dead).

http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/rich-m-footbl-body.html
i love that you guys actually play a real game... i wish we did

CSUBUCDAD
April 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I am uploading a video of a few plays from CSU's game but the main thrust of the video is the 2nd Edward A. Gadson scholarship award. Will post the url when done.

CSUBUCDAD
April 14th, 2007, 04:18 PM
i love that you guys actually play a real game... i wish we did
CSU does. They do a few special teams drills between quarters but play 4 quarters of ball.

813Jag
April 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I don't think we've actually had a spring game in a couple of years. They usually do a controlled scrimmage.

GeauxColonels
April 14th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Does anyone else have their spring game televised? I still can't believe a regional station like Altitude is broadcasting our spring game.
I don't know about FCS spring games...but I do know that several FBS games have already been televised. In fact, the University of Arkansas game is on regional TV right now down here.

DTSpider
April 15th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Richmond has a free internet feed for all home events, including the spring game. No quite ESPN, but still nice that ourt-of-towners can get it.

blackfordpu
April 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Bearkat's spring game is on April 21.

ngineer
April 15th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Lehigh's is next Saturday at 1 p.m. It has recently been an offense vs. defense type of score, Brown versus White (with the QB's wearing red). Back when I played, we actually split into two teams. Regardless, the spring game played now is under game conditions with PL referees. Kicking game is cntrolled. They usually begin the game with game situations in the red zone and then special teams conditions with particular emphasis on field goals. With a new back up kicker this year, that will be of considerable interest. After the game--around 3:30-4p.m. the Booster Club sponsors a hot dog/picnic for the team, family and friends underneath the western stands. Incoming frosh introduced at halftime.

Uncle Buck
April 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM
HU is April 29th, not sure how it will run though. With a new head coach it's still up in the air. We used to go o vs d with modified scoring, i think last year was a split squad. We shall see...

rmutv
April 15th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Robert Morris had their spring game bright and early Saturday morning. Had to be off the field in time for a lacrosse game at 1pm.

Standard Dark Side versus Light Side, defense covered in blue versus offense in white.

Only thing about this spring game was the fact that the likely starting running back is a freshman, Myles Russ out of West Boca Raton in Florida, so he obviously hasn't contributed yet.

I'm more interested in seeing the final few days of practice and the final scrimmage in August. You get an idea of who has a chance to do something beyond your typical starters...which freshman or Prop-48 redshirter is getting playing time? Which QB looks sharpest behind your starter? Which defensive backs are getting time in the nickel and dime defenses? Who, besides the speedy and shifty Mario Hines, is getting time returning kicks and punts?

Can't figure those out until the freshies and walk-ons appear in full in August.

CopperCat
April 15th, 2007, 08:16 PM
MSU just started spring ball on Tues. First scrimmage is today.

Spring game is on the 28th in Great Falls, televised on Altitude tv.

You don't have a time for that do you?

GOKATS
April 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM
You don't have a time for that do you?

2:00 p.m., Mountain Time Zone

andy7171
April 16th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Towson's Black and Gold game is May 5th at 1pm.
An alumni game if held before hand, followed by a bull roast before, during and after in the open end of the stadium. As far as I know, nothing has changed since I was there, the week before the captians draft teams. Its officiated by real referees. As close to being a real game as you can get playing against yourself.