PDA

View Full Version : W&M vs ECU

Sitting Bull
January 29th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Reports from ECU indicate W&M will fill their 12th game on 9/21 against the Pirates in Greenville NC.

Assuming confirmed, this will mark the first time since 1991 that the Tribe will have two FBS games. W&M will also play UVA on 9/7. In 1991, the Tribe played both Navy (won 26-21) and UNC (lost 59-36).

W&M and ECU have history as relatively nearby Southern Conference rivals in the 60s and 70s with some memorable games, The 1977 Oyster Bowl in Norfolk was a classic, one of the best. ECU leads the series 13-4-1. Last game was 2001.

WestCoastAggie
January 29th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Definitely a winnable game for the Tribe and Coach London. I bet the contract is somewhere around $350K.

Anthony215
January 29th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Definitely a winnable game for the Tribe and Coach London. I bet the contract is somewhere around $350K.

I honestly don't give them much of a shot of going into ECU and winning. Both schools are entering 2019 with new coaches but ECU has more talent and seems to have had a pretty decent recruiting class. I'm sure they'll dip into the graduate transfer pool this summer as well to sure up some depth issues. I do agree the payout should be about $350-400k which is very good considering it's only a 4 hour bus ride for the Tribe.

Derby City Duke
January 29th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Considering the current ECU coaching staff big 3 (HC, OC, DC) beat W&M by a combined 97-14 over the past 2 season, I'm going with ECU here, especially with ECU having a couple games under their belt with Houston at the helm.

hoidOfYolen
January 29th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Just saying, Elon was outscored by JMU 145-17 in the past 3 seasons in 2018, but we beat them anyways. And it was no fluke: Elon was that good last year. I hate how our season ended (with a wimper instead of a bang). I hope W&M can make a similar run and upset the FBS program that took JMU's coach.

Gangtackle11
January 29th, 2019, 02:14 PM
This can happen. My ‘Cats beat Temple last season & lost to Bill & Mary. Beat Delaware if anyone doesn’t recall in the 302. xpeacex

PAllen
January 29th, 2019, 03:06 PM
Good for W&M. Two regional FBS opponents with history and a coach with a shot at winning. I am jealous.

tribefan40
January 29th, 2019, 07:53 PM
Considering the current ECU coaching staff big 3 (HC, OC, DC) beat W&M by a combined 97-14 over the past 2 season, I'm going with ECU here, especially with ECU having a couple games under their belt with Houston at the helm.

ECU Isn't the only team with new coaches. ✌️

I'm not expecting a victory for the Tribe, but a competitive game isn't far fetched. I'm excited to see what changes London and company bring to the 'burg; hopefully closer scores against the Dukes, to start.

Redbird 4th & short
January 30th, 2019, 07:20 AM
ECU Isn't the only team with new coaches. ✌️

I'm not expecting a victory for the Tribe, but a competitive game isn't far fetched. I'm excited to see what changes London and company bring to the 'burg; hopefully closer scores against the Dukes, to start.
Happen to notice W&M is making lot of changes throughout their athletic department. Bunch of long term people being replaced recently under new AD ... both football coaches and strength coaches. Experience is a good thing, but sometimes it can lead to status quo type complacency. Fresh start, new ideas ... this can be invigorating for the players if you bring in the righ new coaches.

Curious ... are people excited about all the changes ? Guardedly optimistic ? Or not buying in ?

TribeNomad1
January 30th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Happen to notice W&M is making lot of changes throughout their athletic department. Bunch of long term people being replaced recently under new AD ... both football coaches and strength coaches. Experience is a good thing, but sometimes it can lead to status quo type complacency. Fresh start, new ideas ... this can be invigorating for the players if you bring in the righ new coaches.

Curious ... are people excited about all the changes ? Guardedly optimistic ? Or not buying in ?

Guarded optimism. Big changes with leadership ( new Prez. & AD) in the last couple of years, and a new coach (with all new staff as well). Lots of changes, hopefully good, as the program needed a jump start. Remains to be seen if the new staff can invigorate the program. Many fans in my section have not enjoyed the product the last few years. Will be interested to see if more folks or fewer folks come out next year.