PDA

View Full Version : FCS Schedule Questions

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM
From my count there are 16 schedules that are incomplete (2 maybe complete)

Does anyone have any information on any of these remaining schedules such as a general time frame of when the school normally announces them...

Northern Arizona
Weber State
GArdner-Webb
Duquesne
La Salle
Saint Peter's
Howard
Robert Morris (Maybe complete with 10 games?)
Sacred Heart (Maybe complete with 10 games?)
Davidson
Dayton
Drake
Valparaiso
Appalachian State
Nicholls State (I saw some mention of games for the opening slots and added them to my schedule file, but still no official announcement)
Prarie View A&M (Has announced schedule on 2/14 with a note that an additional game will be added.. any fuirther news on that game?)

danefan
April 11th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Robert Morris usually only plays a 10 game schedule.

appfan2008
April 11th, 2007, 02:00 PM
just go ahead and pencil in 3 off weeks for asu... i dont think we will ever find anyone to play us!

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 02:02 PM
New Hampshire should drop Iona on the 13th and invite you guys up... we could use some revenge from 1994 :p

appfan2008
April 11th, 2007, 02:04 PM
sounds great to me get our ads on the phone... i would love that game

dbackjon
April 11th, 2007, 02:10 PM
NAU is still looking for an 11th game. Will announce then.

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 02:15 PM
very few options for NAU in FCS September 15 has La Salle, Davidson, Valpo, and App State if they could move there Gardner-Webb game to Oct 6...

Nov 17 has Robert Morris, Davidson and valpo.

I guess there prolly looking towards a FBS or lower div team?

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I get the feeling NAU is close cause they recently added a blank page for 2007/08 schedule

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM
And btw why do they say 06/07 or 07/08 schedules I know its the school year but all the games are played in the same year -_-

g-webb1994
April 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM
My first post....yeah!

G-W traditionally drags when announcing schedules, for any sport. I know we have Appy on Sept. 15 and Wofford on Oct. 13 on the road. We also play our first D-1 opponent on Sept. 1...at Ohio U.

Good to have a place to come discuss great small college athletics, particularly football.:D

MYTAPPY
April 11th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Welcome aboard g-webb...xprost2x

g-webb1994
April 11th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks MYTAPPY.xpeacex

I wouldn't mind being up in Ann Arbor myself on Sept. 1. Not just for the fact of the historical significance of seeing a game in Ann Arbor, but for the fact the Apps may just give Lloyd Carr another ulcer. I'm not saying upset, but if Ball State can go in there and play ball with UM, why can't Appy?xnodx

TexasTerror
April 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
PVA&M will probably end up playing a sub-Div I HBCU foe...

That's par for the course for them. We're dying to see them play an SLC foe, but unfortunately, the schedule has not allowed for it...

appfan2008
April 11th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks MYTAPPY.xpeacex

I wouldn't mind being up in Ann Arbor myself on Sept. 1. Not just for the fact of the historical significance of seeing a game in Ann Arbor, but for the fact the Apps may just give Lloyd Carr another ulcer. I'm not saying upset, but if Ball State can go in there and play ball with UM, why can't Appy?xnodx
welcome aboard and i so agree it should be a wonderful day in ann arbor no matter what

Tod
April 11th, 2007, 07:58 PM
My first post....yeah!

G-W traditionally drags when announcing schedules, for any sport. I know we have Appy on Sept. 15 and Wofford on Oct. 13 on the road. We also play our first D-1 opponent on Sept. 1...at Ohio U.

Good to have a place to come discuss great small college athletics, particularly football.:D

xeyebrowx xnonox xnonox xnonox

I'm pretty sure GW has played many, many D-I opponents. xmadx xmadx :D xpeacex

appfan2008
April 11th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I would assume a GW fan knows what they are talking about but I would love for someone to do some research on that

Mr. C
April 11th, 2007, 10:56 PM
New Hampshire should drop Iona on the 13th and invite you guys up... we could use some revenge from 1994 :p
Maybe my computer wouldn't freeze, coming up that time of year. Of course, the Cowell Stadium press box has windows now, which it didn't in 1994.

Mr. C
April 11th, 2007, 10:58 PM
How about Savannah State? Don't they still have a 10-game schedule announced (still expecting to see SSU in Boone during the 2007 season)?

And don't forget, Charleston Southern still could add a 12th game, if they choose to, because of the trip to Hawaii this season.

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 11:05 PM
How about Savannah State? Don't they still have a 10-game schedule announced (still expecting to see SSU in Boone during the 2007 season)?

And don't forget, Charleston Southern still could add a 12th game, if they choose to, because of the trip to Hawaii this season.

Yes sav state has 10 games but a schedule change would have to occur to make room for ASU. And yes CSU can do the game on the 13th

Mr. C
April 11th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Yes sav state has 10 games but a schedule change would have to occur to make room for ASU. And yes CSU can do the game on the 13th
You have to remember that other conference schools can move games around to accomodate a schedule change for another member school. I'm sure that would happen in the SoCon, if it were necessary.

Keeper
April 12th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Weber State has announced a tentative schedule.
You can pencil in Fort Lewis on November 10th

Keeper
April 12th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Also, Howard has an Oct 6 date with Eastern Michigan
leaving one more date to fill (may be a neutral "classic"
vs Prairie View)

Tod
April 12th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Weber State has announced a tentative schedule.
You can pencil in Fort Lewis on November 10th

Why don't we just invite them into the Big Sky? xmadx xmadx xmadx

(anger not geared toward WSU).

Keeper
April 12th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Remember Tod:

A xlolx
G xrolleyesx
S :p

Tod
April 12th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Remember Tod:

A xlolx
G xrolleyesx
S :p

:D :D xlolx xlolx

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Also, Howard has an Oct 6 date with Eastern Michigan
leaving one more date to fill (may be a neutral "classic"
vs Prairie View)
I was hoping for howard on oct 6... oh well... still need to fill 2 dates at app

UNHWildCats
April 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Howard would be an easier fit for App State Prairie View would have to move some stuff around

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 12th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Maybe my computer wouldn't freeze, coming up that time of year. Of course, the Cowell Stadium press box has windows now, which it didn't in 1994.

Why do I have this feeling Mr. C. that if you were to come to Durham in Mid-October, that the coldest weather in history would descend upon the NH Seacoast!! :p xlolx xlolx

IIRC, it was so hot in the press box during the 2005 playoff game with Northern Iowa that they had those windows open!!!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM

While that would be a terrific series, I would prefer it to occur during seasons without a FBS $$$$ game. Unfortunately, the CAA schedule, a FBS $$$$ game and a top echelon FCS game is playoff suicide! But I'm not sure the FBS schools are exactly beating down the UNH Athletic Director's door trying to schedule UNH after our success in Piscataway and Evanston. Does UNH have a FBS $$$$ game scheduled after Army next year? Not that I've heard of. Maybe we'll see a high echelon FCS game instead?

At the same time, I thought someone a tad more competitive than Iona could have been scheduled. I've wondered if giving Iona that game was used to obtain the home and home series in hoop with the Gaels? If it was, then I understand and can accept that game a lot easier.

UNHWildCats
April 12th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Idealy UNH would love to have an FBS opponent every season. And with a new stadium down the road we wont be seeing these, Stony Brook, IOna games anymore UNH would start bringing in top tier teams who would play at a newer stadium.

IF or when a new stadium gets done, I could see the Dartmouth series being in jeaopardy too if UNH feels they can do better in terms of home games.

You cant be afraid to play good teams...To be the best, you gotta beat the best.