PDA

View Full Version : UNI Finalizes 2007 Schedule

UNI MadCat
April 10th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Link (http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041007aaa.html)

2007 UNI Football Schedule

Aug. 30 Minnesota State, Mankato
Sept. 8 at Iowa State
Sept. 15 at South Dakota State
Sept. 22 at Drake
Sept. 29 at Illinois State*
Oct. 6 OPEN
Oct. 13 Southern Illinois* (Homecoming)
Oct. 20 at Western Illinois*
Oct. 27 Youngstown State*
Nov. 3 at Missouri State*
Nov. 10 Indiana State*
Nov. 17 Southern Utah

* - Indicates Gateway Football Conference game
Home games in bold

TexasTerror
April 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM
So you folks ended up with a road game at Drake? Five weeks away from home between a dud of an opener and your homecoming? Ouch!

bison95
April 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM
So you folks ended up with a road game at Drake? Five weeks away from home between a dud of an opener and your homecoming? Ouch!
Iowa State and Drake are close enough to be home games!

Kick the Cyclones AZZxthumbsupx

GannonFan
April 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Yikes, only 5 home games and there's not a home game of note until October 13. No wonder Capy can travel so much with that home slate UNI has. At least they get the Salukis and the Pens at home this year.

UNI MadCat
April 10th, 2007, 09:19 AM

They are close and it is nice that of the 4 road games, a lot of our fans can still see the team two times. (Heck, literally EVERY fan could. I don't see ISU as a tough ticket and UNI fans will be every bit as prominent as Drake fans down in Des Moines). However, it still is terrible but we were stuck and so RH did the best he could given the situation.

I think who it really affects is the underclass students. For many, that first Thursday game in Aug is their introduction to UNI football. And the fact that its 40+ days until they see them again kind of kills the momentum. The one good thing is that the first home game after the long break is homecoming which will be a huge crowd regardless. So hopefully that offsets the potential loss of momentum.

appfan2008
April 10th, 2007, 09:23 AM
real bummer we werent able to work anything out... neither team wanted to go on the road this year and i can see why with you guys... you are on the road for most of the season...

four road games to start the season? thats crazy... i know people say they are close but they still arent at home...

TheBisonator
April 10th, 2007, 09:57 AM

You do realise bison95, that I will not be able to pay attention to anything you post on this board as long as you have that avatar up...xliarx

spelunker64
April 10th, 2007, 09:59 AM
SoDak game will be good!

RabidRabbit
April 10th, 2007, 10:51 AM
SoDak game will be good!

Yep! xthumbsupx

And next year, Bison and Panthers start up again too! xcoolx

BearsCountry
April 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
They are close and it is nice that of the 4 road games, a lot of our fans can still see the team two times. (Heck, literally EVERY fan could. I don't see ISU as a tough ticket and UNI fans will be every bit as prominent as Drake fans down in Des Moines). However, it still is terrible but we were stuck and so RH did the best he could given the situation.

I think who it really affects is the underclass students. For many, that first Thursday game in Aug is their introduction to UNI football. And the fact that its 40+ days until they see them again kind of kills the momentum. The one good thing is that the first home game after the long break is homecoming which will be a huge crowd regardless. So hopefully that offsets the potential loss of momentum.

I would assume most of your students are from the Des Moines metro area so trips to Ames and Drake would be a trip home for them.

NDSUFREAK
April 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I would watch out for Minnesota State Mankato..they are pretty tough. :p :p

MplsBison
April 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM
UNI is known to lose to DII teams at home.

igo4uni
April 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM
UNI is known to lose to DII teams at home.

Sigh..............this is true!xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

crunifan
April 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Didn't we beat Mankato like 45-0 two years ago or so?

I think after last's years mistake of expecting to just show up and win, it will be a similar result to our last meeting.

NDSUFREAK
April 10th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I am sure that you guys will be taking care of business against mankato. It won't be a contest.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
April 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Still not as bad as what Northeastern had last year - 5 away trips to start the season, including in @Virginia Tech, @NDSU, @JMU, and @Richmond. What a monster - and what a good reason to feel they will improve this year... but I digress...

UNI will be okay. Come out of that stretch alive (I expect losses at Iowa St. and 1-1 vs. SDSU & ISU) and you're looking at home field advantage for your playoff push. Good Luck! xthumbsupx

I always thought UNI vs. App St. wouldn't happen... maybe another year!

appfan2008
April 11th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Didn't we beat Mankato like 45-0 two years ago or so?

I think after last's years mistake of expecting to just show up and win, it will be a similar result to our last meeting.
I agree no uni fan should have to worry about that game...

GoGuins
April 11th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Sept. 8 at Iowa State
Sept. 22 at Drake
Oct. 6 OPEN
Oct. 27 Youngstown State* WIN:D
Nov. 10 Indiana State*
Nov. 17 Southern Utah

Home games in bold

nm

GoGuins
April 11th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I would watch out for Minnesota State Mankato..they are pretty tough. :p :p

It's hard to outcoach Hayden, Luther & Dauberxlolx

nmatsen
April 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Bison 95, where do you get such an awesome avatar? I don't know if it was you but there was one of two girls on two kegs. That was cool too!

JBB
April 11th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Good schedule, long road run. Great placement of the open date. Right before the big run at the Gateway title! At the end of the season when your looking back you might see that you were playing for the title when you played early at Illinois State.

In the mythical NDSU 2006 Gateway Hunt UNI got blasted at home by a BISON team that barely escaped the Redbirds in OT the week before in Normal. Its posted over on bisonsports.net. I just think the Panthers were vulnerable, thats all.

igo4uni
April 11th, 2007, 09:53 PM
(I expect losses at Iowa St.

We came within a wide right FG of beating them last year. They will have a new coach and a new system in 2007. They are ripe for a loss.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 09:55 PM
i like UNI for 9-2 :p

igo4uni
April 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM
i like UNI for 9-2 :p

You're also predicting a National Championship, right??:D :D xcoolx xcoolx

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 10:11 PM

Sure if you can manage to get past Santos again :p

Cap'n Cat
April 13th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Sept. 8 at Iowa State
Sept. 22 at Drake
Oct. 6 OPEN
Oct. 27 Youngstown State*
Nov. 10 Indiana State*
Nov. 17 Southern Utah

Home games in bold

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

God, that sucks.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

appfan2008
April 13th, 2007, 03:20 PM
not so fast my friend... we got a pretty good football team down here in boone that will be winning a third straight one of those

Sir William
April 13th, 2007, 06:02 PM
not so fast my friend... we got a pretty good football team down here in boone that will be winning a third straight one of those

Not so fast, my friend. Three-peats are hard to come by. And you've got the whole SoCon gunnin' for ya. Get through the SoCon and Michigan with no more than three losses and then you can focus on a third title. xnodx

Of course, if I were a bettin' man, I'd probably lay good money on App to go 9-2 and make it at least to the national semis. xcoffeex

(The question is to which two teams does App lose. Hum? Here's a hint: September 1 and October 27.) xsmiley_wix

igo4uni
April 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Sure if you can manage to get past Santos again :p

Geez.............didn't he graduate yet??

Of course, we beat you before, so why not one more time!!xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p

igo4uni
April 13th, 2007, 09:00 PM

Don't forget that you had to score a defensive TD to beat UNI.xcoolx xcoolx

Reed Rothchild
April 14th, 2007, 10:48 PM
App is my favorite to win it all until they get beat. They have a LOT of talent returning. We missed our chance to get them 2 years ago.

April 14th, 2007, 11:04 PM
UNI is known to lose to DII teams at home.Really? Name the losses to D-II teams at home since UNI went D-I.

Waiting...

Waiting...

xrolleyesx

Model Citizen
April 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Really? Name the losses to D-II teams at home since UNI went D-I.

Waiting...

Waiting...

xrolleyesx

I like riddles.

Northern Michigan and North Dakota.

BearsCountry
April 15th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I think they lost to Minnesota State in Terry Allen's first year and then last year against North Dakota. Im pretty sure it was Minnesota St, I think there was something about it in the Springfield media when UNI lost earlier this year.

appfan2008
April 15th, 2007, 07:57 AM
App is my favorite to win it all until they get beat. They have a LOT of talent returning. We missed our chance to get them 2 years ago.
Mine too! xsmiley_wix

Chi Panther
April 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I think they lost to Minnesota State in Terry Allen's first year and then last year against North Dakota. Im pretty sure it was Minnesota St, I think there was something about it in the Springfield media when UNI lost earlier this year.

Ding Ding Ding.....I'm only aware of Minn State (formerly Mankato State) and UND.

Last year was a good lesson....very excited for this season.....

Reed Rothchild
April 15th, 2007, 12:15 PM
We lost to Winona St once as well.

appfan2008
April 15th, 2007, 12:37 PM
looks like quite a few losses there for you uni folks!

April 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM
looks like quite a few losses there for you uni folks!Three is quite a few in 20+ years?

james_lawfirm
April 15th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Don't forget that you had to score a defensive TD to beat UNI.xcoolx xcoolx

Fair enough. But, fact is, there was almost one defensive TD every other game in '05. There were some in '06 as well. I forgot this fact myself, until I saw the Nat'l Champ. CD, which had a summary of the entire '05 season. Apps' DL really was a secret to our success.

Why can't UNI & ASU meet on Oct. 6? xbawlingx xbawlingx

I'd settle for the first game of a home & home at the UNI dome-thingie.

MplsBison
April 15th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Really? Name the losses to D-II teams at home since UNI went D-I.

You don't remember North Dakota beating UNI last season.

Wow.

April 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM
You don't remember North Dakota beating UNI last season...That means that UNI "is known for" losing at home to D-II teams? Looks like three times in 20+ years means a major trend to you huh? xsmhx Weren't you voted something as an annual award this year? xrolleyesx

crunifan
April 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
We have a history of losing to DII teams, huh?

We also have a history of being a perennial play-off contender, top ten team, as well as Gateway Conference Champion.

Wow, sure sucks to be us UNI fans.

Mountain Panther
April 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM
You don't remember North Dakota beating UNI last season.

Wow.

Wow is right...you haven't even proven yourself in the Gateway ONE season yet. xnonox

igo4uni
April 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Why can't UNI & ASU meet on Oct. 6? xbawlingx xbawlingx

I'd settle for the first game of a home & home at the UNI dome-thingie.

Neither school wanted another away game this year. Both schools have a hard time scheduling opponents. Our AD contacted over 75 other schools. I posted a link on this topic a couple of weeks ago.