PDA

View Full Version : How will Sean Norton fair at Northern Arizona?

Jacks76
April 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM
QB Sean Norton transferred to Northern Arizona in the offseason and is currently #4 on the depth chart, although he has only been with the team since January.

Can he win the starting job after playing at Division I-A Fresno State?

Paul

SOCAL
April 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM
QB Sean Norton transferred to Northern Arizona in the offseason and is currently #4 on the depth chart, although he has only been with the team since January.

Can he win the starting job after playing at Division I-A Fresno State?

Paul

Played against him in high school--he was a star at Hart High while I played at Mission Viejo---he can make it happen

Fresno St. Alum
April 9th, 2007, 10:07 PM
He couldn't handle playing for us. Good luck with him.

Jacks76
April 9th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Is there any game film on him, perhaps up on youtube?

Paul

Jacks76
April 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Mark my words: One of these days, NAU is going to defeat one of the two big Arizona schools in football (most likely UofA). That Sean Norton guy is special. He didn't get much of a chance with Fresno State, but his high school senior season passing statistics were the top 5th most in California history, and the top 25th highest in the nation -- ever.

From the player bio page at Fresno State's website:

http://gobulldogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/norton_sean00.html

"A talented quarterback who led the state of California with 4,067 passing yards and 44 touchdowns as a senior ... his passing total ranked as the 25th-best in U.S. high school history and the fifth-most ever in California high school history ... completed 238-of-363 passes ... named the 2003 CIF Southern Section Division II Offensive Player of the Year, after guiding Hart to the Division II title ... named the Cal-Hi Sports Mr. Football as California's Player of the Year ... a Parade All-American ... guided Hart to a 23-4-1 record over the last two seasons ... as a junior, Hart was 12-1-1 and ranked No. 20 in the nation by USA Today ... named the Los Angeles Daily News Player of the Year and selected to the Los Angeles Times All-Southland team ... was selected the Foothills League Player of the Year in 2002 and 2003 ... over two seasons, he threw for 8,050 yards, completing 66 percent of his passes (498-758) and 79 touchdowns with just 18 interceptions ... threw just one interception every 42 pass attempts in his career ... guided Hart to the 2003 CIF Southern Section Division Championship in a 25-7 win over Mission Viejo ... joins favorite target, Kevin Ciccone, who also signed with Bulldogs ... comes from the same high school that produced NFL first-round pick Kyle Boller."

Why Sean decided to enroll at a small school such as NAU boggles the mind...he has the talent level to play at a PAC-10 school such as Oregon or Washington State. What's he doing at NAU???

Paul

PSUVikings
April 10th, 2007, 05:58 PM
by september he will have the job...mark it down.

www.psufansforum.com