PDA

View Full Version : New Delaware OC

Henny
December 21st, 2018, 10:25 AM
UD follows a familiar theme by hiring someone who has experience within the CAA. Jared Ambrose has been the OC at Towson since 2013. Bill Cubit, former Illinois head coach was the second choice so they just hired him too!

https://bluehens.com/news/2018/12/20/football-ambrose-cubit-join-blue-hens-offensive-staff.aspx

Derby City Duke
December 21st, 2018, 10:38 AM
Lots of CAA-on-CAA violence this off-season...can't remember ever seeing this much. Mr. Chicken? caribbeanhen? GT11? KPSUL?

Franks Tanks
December 21st, 2018, 10:43 AM
Yikes, he is Rob’s brother.

Your brother leaves to take a lateral move at what may be your biggest in conference rival. There may be some tension at Christmas dinner this year at the Ambrose house.

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2018, 11:00 AM
I think a younger Flacco may have contributed to the younger Ambrose looking good at the OC position. Only time will tell. BROCCO!

blukeys
December 21st, 2018, 07:19 PM
I think getting Cubit is the bigger prize. A new assistant with former D-1 Head Coaching experience at Western Michigan, if anything he is over qualified. This is a great two fer for UD.

centraljerseycat
December 21st, 2018, 08:09 PM
I don't know what to make of the Ambrose hire..either wanted to get away from his brother's shadow or he thinks he gets fired in another year without Flacco.
Cubit's offenses at Rutgers, Stanford and Illinois were dreadful. Villanova welcomes him!

KPSUL
December 21st, 2018, 09:58 PM
Lots of CAA-on-CAA violence this off-season...can't remember ever seeing this much. Mr. Chicken? caribbeanhen? GT11? KPSUL?

Definitely a lot of coach poaching. Jared Ambrose is Towson Head Coach Rob Ambrose's younger brother. I'm thinking it might have been a mutual decision for the Ambrose brothers to give Jared a chance to strike out on his own?

KPSUL
December 21st, 2018, 10:00 PM
I don't what to make to think of the Ambrose hire..either wanted to get away from his brother's shadow or he thinks he gets fired in another year without Flacco.
Cubit's offenses at Rutgers, Stanford and Illinois were dreadful. Villanova welcomes him!

Maybe Rocco wants him to tell them what not to do on offense.

MR. CHICKEN
December 22nd, 2018, 09:49 AM

........AN’ DUH DOOKIE CONTINGENT......STICKIN’ DEY’RE BEAKS.....AN’ TOSSIN’ STREAMERS.....INTA DUH FRAY......AWK!

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Ambrose will be good if he has enough talent, right now he does not ......

Gangtackle11
December 24th, 2018, 09:51 AM
I don't what to make to think of the Ambrose hire..either wanted to get away from his brother's shadow or he thinks he gets fired in another year without Flacco.

I don’t see either hires being a game changer for Delaware.

“May I have another” said the low land Delaware raised rented mule fondly named Blue Hen. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
December 24th, 2018, 12:51 PM
........YER STAFF........IS COACHIN’ YA’S.......RIGHT INTA PATRIOT LEAGUE......WE’RE HEADED TA GLORYLAND.....MAYBE......YOU’LL GET.....UH ROUND BALL....IN YER STOCKIN’......TAMARRAH.......AWK!

Gangtackle11
December 24th, 2018, 02:35 PM
........YER STAFF........IS COACHIN’ YA’S.......RIGHT INTA PATRIOT LEAGUE......WE’RE HEADED TA GLORYLAND.....MAYBE......YOU’LL GET.....UH ROUND BALL....IN YER STOCKIN’......TAMARRAH.......AWK! xcoffeex

IT MAY TAK-A TRIP TO THE PATSY FO’ HEN FANS TO BEAT US ROUND BALLAHS.... 7 STRAIGHT OVAH THE DIRTY FILTHY BIRDS......BRRROCCO!! MARRY XMAS TO THE KARDASHIANS OF SMELLAH-ARE! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 04:35 PM
xcoffeex

IT MAY TAK-A TRIP TO THE PATSY FO’ HEN FANS TO BEAT US ROUND BALLAHS.... 7 STRAIGHT OVAH THE DIRTY FILTHY BIRDS......BRRROCCO!! MARRY XMAS TO THE KARDASHIANS OF SMELLAH-ARE! xpeacex

come down to Sussex County gang tackle and clear your lungs of that filthy dirty city smog that you been breathing for the last 50 years

somebody from Philadelphia Calling Delaware smell a Ware is hilarious

actually I'm still traumatized from my first trip to Philadelphia up to a Phillies game when I was about eight years old as soon as you cross the Delaware border into Pennsylvania things really get ugly if you know what I mean

Chester the molester of young children

Times are changing gang tackle And merry Christmas !!!

Gangtackle11
December 24th, 2018, 07:28 PM
come down to Sussex County gang tackle and clear your lungs of that filthy dirty city smog that you been breathing for the last 50 years

somebody from Philadelphia Calling Delaware smell a Ware is hilarious

actually I'm still traumatized from my first trip to Philadelphia up to a Phillies game when I was about eight years old as soon as you cross the Delaware border into Pennsylvania things really get ugly if you know what I mean

Chester the molester of young children

Times are changing gang tackle And merry Christmas !!!

merry XMas to u C-Hen!! xpeacex

Henny
December 26th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Lets face it, there's good and bad in both states. What I'm excited about is the recent groundbreaking of the $60.0MM facility and stadium enhancements of Delaware Stadium and it's only phase 1 of 3!

Regardless of how you feel about Ambrose, he's a major upgrade over Matt Simon and he's had overall success with his offenses at Towson. He had the top team in the CAA in 18 and has made a trip to the finals. He's shown the ability to adapt to his talent and adding Bill Cubit wont hurt.

The bottom line is that the change in OC (this would remain status quo under Brock) is another example of the investment this school is finally making in football. It's only a matter of time before it translates into real success on the field.

Gangtackle11
December 26th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Lets face it, there's good and bad in both states. What I'm excited about is the recent groundbreaking of the $60.0MM facility and stadium enhancements of Delaware Stadium and it's only phase 1 of 3!

Regardless of how you feel about Ambrose, he's a major upgrade over Matt Simon and he's had overall success with his offenses at Towson. He had the top team in the CAA in 18 and has made a trip to the finals. He's shown the ability to adapt to his talent and adding Bill Cubit wont hurt.

The bottom line is that the change in OC (this would remain status quo under Brock) is another example of the investment this school is finally making in football. It's only a matter of time before it translates into real success on the field.

True on many points, but until Delaware finds a dynamic or even stable starting QB ( like Tommy F. or even Pete Athens) the offense isn’t going to be much. Henderson is a nice change of pace guy, but unless he gets into the weight room he’ll be fodder for opposing LBs as he found out in the Nova game. Life without the oldest Kardashian may be rough although young one & the dog still have eligibility. xpeacex