PDA

View Full Version : JMU hires Elon's Cignetti

JMU2004
December 14th, 2018, 03:53 PM
https://jmusports.com/news/2018/12/14/curt-cignetti-takes-helm-of-james-madison-football.aspx

cx500d
December 14th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Lateral move

maine612
December 14th, 2018, 03:57 PM
zzzzz

clenz
December 14th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Going after a guy that is going to be a closer to life at JMU.

He's going to be 58 by the start of fall camp.

He isn't going to be getting fbs looks at 60 plus years old

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kdinva
December 14th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Didn't see this coming.........most likely Coach Cig's last job (58 years of age).......

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2018, 04:05 PM
60 is the new 50

jmu007
December 14th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Very excited for this hire. Great job by JMU admin. Home run in my opinion.

maine612
December 14th, 2018, 04:12 PM
It does seem like a win-win

EU2000
December 14th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Big bummer for us, but congrats on a solid hire JMU.

Our AD hired some absolute duds as HC in between Lembo and Cignetti. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a solid replacement.

hoidOfYolen
December 14th, 2018, 04:16 PM

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Lehigh fans will be wondering whether Elon OC Drew Folmar will be joining him. He's in the mix for the Lehigh HC vacancy.

clenz
December 14th, 2018, 04:35 PM
60 is the new 50In the coaching world 60 is the new 80

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

KPSUL
December 14th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Cignetti is a better fit for JMU than Harasymiak, and this is not likely to be steeping stone for the elder Cignetti. Tough break for Elon though. I don't like them ripping off another conference member, particularly one that is likely going to be on their schedule annually.

jmu007
December 14th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Cignetti is a better fit for JMU than Harasymiak, and this is not likely to be steeping stone for the elder Cignetti. Tough break for Elon though. I don't like them ripping off another conference member, particularly one that is likely going to be on their schedule annually.

Not likely; certainty. JMU plays Elon annually.

CAA South Pod
---
Elon
James Madison
Richmond
William & Mary

RootinFerDukes
December 14th, 2018, 05:03 PM
I’m excited for this totally not lateral move.

I wish Elon the best while they replace Cignetti. You all have a lot to offer at Elon and will have great options.

EU2000
December 14th, 2018, 05:10 PM
I’m excited for this totally not lateral move.

I wish Elon the best while they replace Cignetti. You all have a lot to offer at Elon and will have great options.

Hope that’s the case. Again, congrats on landing Cignetti. He’s a good one (obviously)!!! I was stoked when Elon hired him but figured his time here would be short. Wish him nothing but success in the future...unless it’s against EU :)

whoanellie
December 14th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Well I cannot blame him He auditioned well back in October. To see 25k plus crowds to our 3,000 counting the ticket counters is what any coach cherishes in a culture. It breaks my heart that the Elon community is not committed to that type of excellence.
Losing your coach 101: Don't show up and support your team win or lose. For the JMU fans do not judge his press conferences or his lack of glad-handedness at Duke's Club meetings. All He will do is win and win BIG! JMU should have done this 2 weeks earlier.

jmu007
December 14th, 2018, 05:58 PM
We will find out on Monday. Just announced introduction press conference will be streamed on Facebook live Monday afternoon.

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2018, 06:18 PM
If you can’t beat him, hire him

JMUisat14
December 14th, 2018, 06:32 PM

Couldn't be happier. Elon is the only team to win in Harrisonburg the past three years.

Mocs123
December 14th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Good hire by JMU. Elon was a dumpster fire when he arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

Good hire by JMU. Elon was a dumpster fire when he arrived.

RootinFerDukes
December 14th, 2018, 07:16 PM

Both ECU and JMU are guilty of this.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2018, 08:44 PM
It will all be fun and games until Colgate beats them again

NDB
December 14th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Both ECU and JMU are guilty of this.

And Kansas State.

phoenix3
December 14th, 2018, 11:46 PM
Big bummer for us, but congrats on a solid hire JMU.

Our AD hired some absolute duds as HC in between Lembo and Cignetti. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a solid replacement.
True statement, but don’t give Blank credit for Lembo, AD White made that hire.

FUBeAR
December 14th, 2018, 11:48 PM
In the coaching world 60 is the new 80

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkSo Mack Brown is 89 & Les Miles is 87.

gofurman
December 15th, 2018, 12:50 AM
So Mack Brown is 89 & Les Miles is 87.

good hire for JMU in my opinion. He w doing Great things at Elon in just two years

CHIP72
December 15th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Good hire by James Madison. I would have liked Cignetti to be a serious candidate for the Temple head coaching job (recently filled by Miami (FL) defensive coordinator Manny Diaz), but it appears obvious Temple would prefer to hire up and coming assistant coaches who are are looking for their first head coaching gig rather than proven head coaches at lower level jobs who also have DI-A/FBS assistant coaching/recruiting experience.

Maybe West Virginia can bring James Madison in for a game and call it the Cignetti Cup. (Curt’s father, Frank Cignetti Sr., was an assistant coach under Bobby Bowden at WVU before succeeding Bowden as the WVU head coach after Bowden left for Florida State. Cignetti Sr. wasn’t as successful at WVU as either Bowden or his immediate successor, Don Nehlen, but Cignetti did have a very lengthy, successful career at Indiana (PA), a place where his son Curt was also successful as a head coach before leaving for Elon.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmu007
December 15th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Good hire by James Madison. I would have liked Cignetti to be a serious candidate for the Temple head coaching job (recently filled by Miami (FL) defensive coordinator Manny Diaz), but it appears obvious Temple would prefer to hire up and coming assistant coaches who are are looking for their first head coaching gig rather than proven head coaches at lower level jobs who also have DI-A/FBS assistant coaching/recruiting experience.

Maybe West Virginia can bring James Madison in for a game and call it the Cignetti Cup. (Curt’s father, Frank Cignetti Sr., was an assistant coach under Bobby Bowden at WVU before succeeding Bowden as the WVU head coach after Bowden left for Florida State. Cignetti Sr. wasn’t as successful at WVU as either Bowden or his immediate successor, Don Nehlen, but Cignetti did have a very lengthy, successful career at Indiana (PA), a place where his son Curt was also successful as a head coach before leaving for Elon.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMU plays at WVU to open the 2019 season.

TennBison
December 15th, 2018, 10:37 AM
So JMU could not manage to promote from within??? I thought they were high as a kite on Houston and his staff while they were there. Or did not one of them want the job? Seems kind of odd that a job that is suppose to be so good, gets no attention from the former OC or the DC.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 15th, 2018, 02:44 PM
So JMU could not manage to promote from within??? I thought they were high as a kite on Houston and his staff while they were there. Or did not one of them want the job? Seems kind of odd that a job that is suppose to be so good, gets no attention from the former OC or the DC.

Bob Trott was a great DC for us but he is 64. He has over 40 years of coaching experience but has never been a HC. I don't see us going after someone whose star isn't rising and likely isn't terribly far away from retiring. I personally wish we could have kept him on as DC but obviously he isn't going to stay in the same capacity when he would be getting a big pay bump at ECU.

Donnie Kirkpatrick spent 10 years at ECU before coming to JMU and his son is on the baseball team there. I assume he will be making a salary that isn't terribly far below what he could make in base salary at JMU as head coach. He was briefly a head coach at Chattanooga back in the early 2000's but has spent more time as a position coach than an offensive coordinator. Again, I don't see us going after someone whose star isn't rising. Whether it was personnel, Mike Houston, or Donnie Kirkpatrick, you can't argue that our offense was under performing this year and last year to a lesser extent.

I think very few people in our fanbase wanted to retain either of them as head coach. Neither are very charismatic nor exciting.

PaladinFan
December 15th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Just a question.

Elon left the SoCon 5 years ago. The reasons were ostensibly that Elon had more of a "northern" footprint that better fit the CAA (probably true). They also were moving to what was seen as a better basketball conference - as Davidson and College of Charleston had also just jumped ship.

Fast forward 5 years and Elon's football team has improved, but they cannot seem to keep a good coach. After two years, their current coach was hired away by a conference rival. SoCon teams have bounced them from the post season the last two years. Elon is the only CAA football school in the Carolinas.

While not true 5 years ago, the SoCon is now outpacing the CAA as a basketball conference. Elon has already lost to two SoCon teams this season in basketball. Furman tonight beat UNC-W by nearly 50, a team that is expected to finish middle of the pack in that conference.

Still a good move for them?

fc97
December 15th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Meh. If you buy the footprint argument then it's still a yes. Elon was talking to the MAAC too at the time.

Losing good coaches happens. I mean App just lost Satterfield, JMU lost Houston. We list Lembo while in the SoCon. Conference affiliation doesn't change it.

It's a move, good or bad. Elon had issues with a few SoCon presidents and the commish.

phoenix3
December 15th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Definitely a good move. Elon fit better with the CAA day one than we ever did in the SoCon. The only negative is travel. Can’t see as many games, but let’s be real, Elon has never traveled well anyway. When you can’t get more than a couple hundred fans to travel to Greensboro for a basketball game what real difference does it make if you’re going to Greenville or Orono?

Derby City Duke
December 16th, 2018, 12:14 AM

Houston hired his entire JMU staff (less the interim HC and the CB coach) to ECU with him. There was nobody left -- and the DC and OC are now making more than they would've made as the JMU HC. The OC had already had a less than stellar turn as a HC (Chattanooga) and the DC wants to be a DC.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2018, 12:17 AM
Any word on Trisciani's and Folmar's status with Cignetti?

Derby City Duke
December 16th, 2018, 01:08 AM
Any word on Trisciani's and Folmar's status with Cignetti?

Word is he's hired 5 as yet unnamed assistants, the S&C coach and his director of football ops. Not stripping the Elon staff as Houston did with JMU's. So nothing official yet.

fc97
December 16th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Only defensive coaches appear left. I think if he'd had his guys in, he'd descimate the Elon staff in the same manner. Just happens that Triscianni wasn't one if 'his' guys

jmu007
December 16th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Only defensive coaches appear left. I think if he'd had his guys in, he'd descimate the Elon staff in the same manner. Just happens that Triscianni wasn't one if 'his' guys

I got the same impression listening to this radio interview. Sounded like the DC came recommended and he just went with it for the time. Made a lot of references to no, "re-do's," when talking about hiring staff. Sounds like he has some folks in mind he may not have gotten a chance to have last time around at Elon for whatever reason.

fc97
December 16th, 2018, 11:35 AM
I am really surprised the recruiting coordinator is being a taken a few days before signing. Really bad timing for us

RootinFerDukes
December 16th, 2018, 12:26 PM
And Kansas State.

Yes but wasn’t Bohl the HC the year they beat them?

RootinFerDukes
December 16th, 2018, 12:30 PM

A quick google search would’ve probably answered your question. Only two assistants remained after Houston took his whole staff with him. Neither were remotely head coach material.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 11:53 AM
“This is the Alabama of FCS. We have a great, passionate fan base who wants to be engaged. There’s no other school at this level like JMU. You deserve the best and I embrace the expectations.”
-Cignetti on the JMU football program

Oooooooooooook

Derby City Duke
December 18th, 2018, 04:27 PM
“This is the Alabama of FCS. We have a great, passionate fan base who wants to be engaged. There’s no other school at this level like JMU. You deserve the best and I embrace the expectations.”

Oooooooooooook

What's an introductory press conference without a little hyperbole...you wouldn't expect him to say JMU is 'the Kansas' of FCS now would you? Anybody who pays even the slightest attention to FCS football understands what the pecking order is currently.

That said, he did stay at the H'burg Holiday Inn Express the night before, so...:D

dewey
December 18th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about James Madison's new coach.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/936732-James-Madisons-new-head-football-coach-Got-to-look-at-NDSU

Dewey

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 04:44 PM
What's an introductory press conference without a little hyperbole...you wouldn't expect him to say JMU is 'the Kansas' of FCS now would you? Anybody who pays even the slightest attention to FCS football understands what the pecking order is currently.

That said, he did stay at the H'burg Holiday Inn Express the night before, so...:DDisagree, it was classless and clueless at the same time.

Schism55
December 18th, 2018, 04:46 PM

Oooooooooooook

Delusion, party of one. Your table is ready.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2018, 05:03 PM
JMU and NDSU have combined for the past 7 National Titles.

JMU clearly is the Alabama of the FCS.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Delusion, party of one. Your table is ready.Yep, being jazzed about the new position and then dismissing the entire division based on clueless and historical delusion is not cool.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Actually, being from Elon, I doubt this ****er has a clue about the rest of the division, seriously, I doubt he has a clue. All he saw was JMU, that was it and that was all.

RootinFerDukes
December 18th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Disagree, it was classless and clueless at the same time.

Get over yourself.

RootinFerDukes
December 18th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Actually, being from Elon, I doubt this ****er has a clue about the rest of the division, seriously, I doubt he has a clue. All he saw was JMU, that was it and that was all.

You’re legitimately worried. That’s why you keep reading and posting about our hire.

One of these years, your bison will go two seasons without winning a title and it’s keeping you up at night.

NDSU1980
December 18th, 2018, 07:41 PM
You’re legitimately worried. That’s why you keep reading and posting about our hire.

One of these years, your bison will go two seasons without winning a title and it’s keeping you up at night.Let's see, didn't JMU just finish two seasons in a row without winning a title?

EU2000
December 18th, 2018, 08:00 PM

Ok. Stop trolling. If you want to vent, come to our board.

JMU fans, yes, most Elon fans are miffed big time about this....but we wish your school well. You have a great school, and the atmosphere most FCS schools want.

EU fans - JMU fans aren’t trolling us, we’re going to extend the same courtesy. Period.

Besides, We have new head coach to put our energy behind!

Derby City Duke
December 18th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Disagree, it was classless and clueless at the same time.

Read the Inforum article and see some of the quotes from his presser (post #45 by Dewey). For a fan base of the best team the subdivision has seen, sometimes you guys have skin that's rice paper-thin. Cignetti clearly understands that NDSU is the standard.

To say he's clueless is to fail to account for his coaching history and accomplishments.

RootinFerDukes
December 18th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Read the Inforum article and see some of the quotes from his presser (post #45 by Dewey). For a fan base of the best team the subdivision has seen, sometimes you guys have skin that's rice paper-thin. Cignetti clearly understands that NDSU is the standard.

To say he's clueless is to fail to account for his coaching history and accomplishments.

There’s a new article today where he essentially says that about NDSU, but you won’t see any Bison trolls bothering to read it or comment on it on a message board.

It’s pathetic how insecure they are for a team that wins so much.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2018, 10:07 PM
There’s a new article today where he essentially says that about NDSU, but you won’t see any Bison trolls bothering to read it or comment on it on a message board.

What new article? What paper? Website?

Dont judge a whole fan base by a few who takes exception when they feel slighted.

kalm
December 19th, 2018, 05:44 AM

Bizon insecurity is real but it was still a dumb statement. He might as well have said we’re currently or sometimes the NDSUb of FCS.

Just say JMU is a powerhouse program and we will continue that excellence in competing for nation championships year in and year out.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 06:13 AM

I'd be curious to see the article. I don't think NDSU fans are insecure they are just calling out a stupid comment your new coach made. Your fans would be laughing and posting the same comments if the roles were reversed as would Alabama fans if Ohio State replaced their head football coach and he were to make a similar comment. Respect is earned not given. Self anointing oneself as the King doesn't make oneself the real king. I've been over to the JMU board and read some of the comments there, I wouldn't be crowing to loudly about thin skinned fans. One title in two title game appearances in the last few years is nothing to sneeze at but it doesn't make you the "Alabama of the FCS" when 6 out of the last 7 have been won by another team and that same team is going for number 7. Just saying xcoffeex

dewey
December 19th, 2018, 06:45 AM
With the amount of returning starters JMU has coming back next year the Dukes could make a run at a title in his first year.

Dewey

dewey
December 19th, 2018, 06:46 AM

Can you post a link to the article?

Dewey

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2018, 07:01 AM
I'd be curious to see the article. I don't think NDSU fans are insecure they are just calling out a stupid comment your new coach made. Your fans would be laughing and posting the same comments if the roles were reversed as would Alabama fans if Ohio State replaced their head football coach and he were to make a similar comment. Respect is earned not given. Self anointing oneself as the King doesn't make oneself the real king. I've been over to the JMU board and read some of the comments there, I wouldn't be crowing to loudly about thin skinned fans. One title in two title game appearances in the last few years is nothing to sneeze at but it doesn't make you the "Alabama of the FCS" when 6 out of the last 7 have been won by another team and that same team is going for number 7. Just saying xcoffeex

That's where we're different; I'm neither a member of nor visitor to any of the homer boards -- I am a member of the JMU Nation facebook page again, but expect I'll leave it again soon. Too 'homer' for me and I've had enough of the football alums griping that the AD didn't hire a JMU guy -- meaning one of them.

Could he have picked different words, sure -- but I doubt seriously he was throwing shade anywhere.

Think this is the article 'Rootin' referenced: https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu-s-cignetti-got-to-look-at-ndsu

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 07:30 AM
That's where we're different; I'm neither a member of nor visitor to any of the homer boards -- I am a member of the JMU Nation facebook page again, but expect I'll leave it again soon. Too 'homer' for me and I've had enough of the football alums griping that the AD didn't hire a JMU guy -- meaning one of them.

Could he have picked different words, sure -- but I doubt seriously he was throwing shade anywhere.

Think this is the article 'Rootin' referenced: https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu-s-cignetti-got-to-look-at-ndsu
Ok I'll take you at your word. You're an anomaly though if true. I havent posted or visited on NDSU's homer board for a long time but I can't and won't say I've not ever visited it. That'd be a lie. Is it full of Homer's? No doubt. I'd say this though about NDSU fans in general as compared to any other fanbase regardless of the level their team plays at. Show me any other team who has done what NDSU has done and then we can get to talking about their fans behavior. We won't have that conversation not because we don't want to but because we can't. No other teams have done what this NDSU team has. So their is nothing to compare regarding fan behavior online period. Not saying that some of the things people post online couldn't be toned down a bit (this point isn't exclusive to NDSU fans by the way) but until your fanbase has a team whose accomplishments match or exceed what the Bison have done that conversation can't happen.

By the way thanks for posting that link. I did read it.

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Ok I'll take you at your word. You're an anomaly though if true. I havent posted or visited on NDSU's homer board for a long time but I can't and won't say I've not ever visited it. That'd be a lie. Is it full of Homer's? No doubt. I'd say this though about NDSU fans in general as compared to any other fanbase regardless of the level their team plays at. Show me any other team who has done what NDSU has done and then we can get to talking about their fans behavior. We won't have that conversation not because we don't want to but because we can't. No other teams have done what this NDSU team has. So their is nothing to compare regarding fan behavior online period. Not saying that some of the things people post online couldn't be toned down a bit (this point isn't exclusive to NDSU fans by the way) but until your fanbase has a team whose accomplishments match or exceed what the Bison have done that conversation can't happen.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. I think the reason I'm the anomaly is that I worked for the Sports Information Office for 4 of my 5 years at JMU and the PA announcer for Dukes baseball all 5 years -- and the #1 rule was 'no rooting from the press box/table/row'; I also was a HS basketball referee my last 4 years of school (and was working D1 and D3 men's scrimmages my last year).

So long story short I guess I developed an objective, critical eye and the unwillingness to tolerate homers very well.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 07:56 AM

One of these years, your bison will go two seasons without winning a title and it’s keeping you up at night.Nah, we survived the JMU beating we took in 2016, it was actually quite calming in a strange way.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Ok. Stop trolling. If you want to vent, come to our board.

JMU fans, yes, most Elon fans are miffed big time about this....but we wish your school well. You have a great school, and the atmosphere most FCS schools want.

EU fans - JMU fans aren’t trolling us, we’re going to extend the same courtesy. Period.

Besides, We have new head coach to put our energy behind!I like your program, you guys have made big strides and I hope it continues. I was on little bit of a troll I must admit, I just thought the comment from Cignetti were a little odd and a little over the top perhaps. I read the other article with his comments and I think he is probably a decent guy and clearly he is a good coach.

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2018, 08:37 AM
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu-s-cignetti-got-to-look-at-ndsu

For your Bizzzon reading pleasure. All hail the FCS Gods!

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2018, 08:43 AM

Using the "what our team has done" argument to somehow justify fan behavior, then there is not a single team in CFB at any level, outside of maybe D3s Mount Union, that can claim the same.

Even Alabama hasn't won 6 in 7 years, maybe 7 in 8. There's greater parity in the P5 than there is in FCS if we're being honest.

Alabama has won 5 in 9 years so far. Only once in consecutive years (2011-2012).

BTW if you didn't know, Cignetti was the recruiting coordinator and WRs Coach under Nick Saban upon his hire in 2007 through their first national championship, leaving after the 2010 season to be a HC. They went on to win their 2nd title the year after he left. He was an integral part of building one of CFBs greatest dynasties.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 08:59 AM

To say he's clueless is to fail to account for his coaching history and accomplishments.I read it, it is a good article. Now I am wondering if the quote I posted from Cignetti was actually an accurate quote. I pulled it off of another fan post from another site without verifying it. In any event, lots of hyperbole all around and I probably threw myself in that mix. I cringe every time a Bison coach states that Stick is the best QB in college football at all levels, he is a very good QB but the best? I don't know.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Using the "what our team has done" argument to somehow justify fan behavior, then there is not a single team in CFB at any level, outside of maybe D3s Mount Union, that can claim the same.

Even Alabama hasn't won 6 in 7 years, maybe 7 in 8. There's greater parity in the P5 than there is in FCS if we're being honest.

Alabama has won 5 in 9 years so far. Only once in consecutive years (2011-2012).

BTW if you didn't know, Cignetti was the recruiting coordinator and WRs Coach under Nick Saban upon his hire in 2007 through their first national championship, leaving after the 2010 season to be a HC. They went on to win their 2nd title the year after he left. He was an integral part of building one of CFBs greatest dynasties.
I didn't justify anything I was just stating facts to which you unwittingly admitted by your own words. If you're going to be critical of fans commenting on at best poorly thought out comments by your new coach then don't be shocked by a fair and justified comparison or lack of one in what the teams those fans support have accomplished. Comparatively JMU football has barely been a blip on the radar over the last 10 years or really even longer. You're clearly agitated by fan commts on message boards you find to be offensive or disrespectful yet when those same people you're criticizing are critical of your coach for doing the same you cry foul. Its quite amusing. Biggest difference is one is a head coach representing your school. The other is just a bunch of fans who officially don't represent anyone but themselves.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 09:12 AM
By the way I do hope he's successful at JMU its good for the whole of FCS to have more quality teams. Don't misunderstand my posting on this topic as anything other than what it is. Just observations and comments.

Bison56
December 19th, 2018, 09:27 AM
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu-s-cignetti-got-to-look-at-ndsu

For your Bizzzon reading pleasure. All hail the FCS Gods!

That's more like it.

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Blips on a radar? So for the last decade, since no other programs were able to win six championships, I guess the other 124 teams in this subdivision may as well have no even bothered to play their games?

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2018, 10:30 AM
That's more like it.

Yeah! Suck our dicks more!

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Blips on a radar? So for the last decade, since no other programs were able to win six championships, I guess the other 124 teams in this subdivision may as well have no even bothered to play their games?

I'm using your coaches comment as the point of reference. See how easily that works in regards to the comments of Bison fans being thinned skinned made by fans of other teams? It's easy to get defensive or say something that gets a person's dander up.

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Yeah! Suck our dicks more!

Lighten up, Francis...:D

KPSUL
December 19th, 2018, 07:10 PM

The NDSU team, and the vast majority of NDSU fans are nothing like a few of the AGS Bison posters who troll around this site neurotically searching for anything that doesn't deferentially kowtow to the mighty Bison. It's all about economies of scale; there are like 10 times as many NDSU posters because the team has been so successful. So naturally, we are stuck with a plurality of NDSU trolls as well. You can pretty well be sure that anyone hiding behind a keyboard and acting like a bad-ass is actually an insecure weenie.