PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern vacates wins

Laker
December 10th, 2018, 03:22 PM
RedditCFB‏Verified account @RedditCFB (https://twitter.com/RedditCFB) 7m7 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1072237969396895746)
Charleston Southern (FCS) vacates 122 wins across 3 sports, 3 Big South titles, with more to come—includes 18 football wins, 2015 conf title—for using “an informal eligibility process,” compliance issues, etc: https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/charleston-southern-vacates-victories-big-south-titles-with-more-to/article_e7032d4c-fcaf-11e8-a431-63ab2d0803e0.html … (https://t.co/UmmqkZSDDg)

Twentysix
December 10th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Yikes sounds like their players weren't full time students. That can be a huge advantage allowing for more time for football related activities.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Charleston who?

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Hey Thumper, you owe me a case of beer! They cheated! xlolx

Silenoz
December 10th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Yikes sounds like their players weren't full time students. That can be a huge advantage allowing for more time for football related activities.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-10/17/17/asset/buzzfeed-prod-web13/anigif_sub-buzz-535-1476739983-2.gif

Bucs2016
December 10th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Anyone familiar with the CSU admin isn’t surprised. This is on them, not the players and coaches.

That said, we keep the 2016 conference championship so thats good. And as for the forfeited games, HAHAHA we all know the game tape will never change. And the 2015 Big South Champs t-shirts and rings will always exist.

But as an alumni and former player Im pissed that ONCE AGAIN the school admin screwed the basketball and football programs, a steady pattern they’ve maintained for 30 years.

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Anyone familiar with the CSU admin isn’t surprised. This is on them, not the players and coaches.

That said, we keep the 2016 conference championship so thats good. And as for the forfeited games, HAHAHA we all know the game tape will never change. And the 2015 Big South Champs t-shirts and rings will always exist.

But as an alumni and former player Im pissed that ONCE AGAIN the school admin screwed the basketball and football programs, a steady pattern they’ve maintained for 30 years.

Translation: we cheated to win but who cares? Kiss the ring biotch. xlolx

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Hey Thumper, you owe me a case of beer! They cheated! xlolx

There was no clause about HOW they got it done to cover the spread xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laker
December 10th, 2018, 04:43 PM
. But as an alumni and former player Im pissed

You should be pissed. If my alma mater pulled this unethical crap I'd tell them that I wasn't giving them any more of my money. I sure as hell wouldn't be making excuses for them.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 04:47 PM

Sounds like Stig's mentality when it comes to the Bison. xcoffeex

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Sounds like Stig's mentality when it comes to the Bison. xcoffeex

I await all the times we cheated to come to the forefront any day now.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2018, 04:52 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDon't talk down to Kingpin...wait, nevermind. 🤣

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 04:54 PM
I await all the times we cheated to come to the forefront any day now.

Ankle Twisting. Covering up a DUI. Having a crown on your football field.

I'm just busting your balls, I just wanted to let you know that the only reason why you won is due to the fact that CSU cheated.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Don't talk down to Kingpin...wait, nevermind. 藍

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am not that ****ing short!

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 05:00 PM
I am not that ****ing short!
Compared to Thumper you are, he is a whole little person taller than you

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Compared to Thumper you are, he is a whole little person taller than you

He is gigantor compared to all but BF02

Bucs2016
December 10th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Translation: we cheated to win but who cares? Kiss the ring biotch. xlolx

Haha if you aint cheatin you ain’t tryin - Some famous coach said.

Pretty much yes. My 3 main thoughts:
1. It was paperwork issues with a few JUCO kids and none of CSUs key players those years were JUCO
2. The bookstore stuff and mess, I’ll just say, ANY D1 program that gets combed through will have violations. NCAA has so many crazy rules. Doesnt make it right. Just a fact.
3. Its old news now. We have the rings and the game tape....but TODAY we suck and need a coach and thats all I care much about!

Bucs2016
December 10th, 2018, 07:24 PM
You should be pissed. If my alma mater pulled this unethical crap I'd tell them that I wasn't giving them any more of my money. I sure as hell wouldn't be making excuses for them.

I am. But yall would need to be familiar with the history the CSU admin has of screwing the fball and basketball teams to really understand. Id bet my house on it that the coaches were told by admin “everything is good!”

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 08:26 PM
He is gigantor compared to all but BF02

Youse guys are all midgets.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2018, 08:59 PM
So I counted 4 different sports mentioned in that article. Sounds like an issue with administration and compliance and not coaches. Wouldn't surprise me if book store managers were the ones letting players use their financial aide accounts to buy non-school-supplies.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Youse guys are all midgets.Be careful with your language or some Griz fan will call you out on it. How insensitive of you. xrolleyesx

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Be careful with your language or some Griz fan will call you out on it. How insensitive of you. xrolleyesx

I blame my upbringing. :D

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:36 PM
I blame my upbringing. :DI know, your mom is a bad influence.

clenz
December 10th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Compared to Thumper you are, he is a whole little person taller than youTake thump out of it

I have a solid 4 or 5 inches in him

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

citdog
December 10th, 2018, 09:48 PM

Do ya

JSUSoutherner
December 11th, 2018, 02:45 AM
Take thump out of it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/3732194e7e3bd2a89365e52f549a0d14.gif

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Milktruck74
December 11th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Obviously, this isn't "new news"....rumors tend to precede the actual news....IS this the "baggage" that kept Chadwell from getting the UTC or ETSU gigs? Was this already starting to surface back then?

NDSUtk
December 11th, 2018, 07:08 AM
Take thump out of it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkCongrats? I'm sure he appreciates that. Especially since it's solid...

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2018, 08:12 AM
Hey was Hank Small, former Lehigh coach, the AD here at the time, maybe still is? I actually ran into Hank at the Advantage Rent a Car counter in Dallas prior to the 2012 NC game...Im pretty sure he said he was AD at Chuck South when I spoke with him that day.

walliver
December 11th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Obviously, this isn't "new news"....rumors tend to precede the actual news....IS this the "baggage" that kept Chadwell from getting the UTC or ETSU gigs? Was this already starting to surface back then?

Chadwell and several players were suspended earlier that year, so it was known that there were issues. The known issues related to the bookstore issues, and Chadwell was represented as being a scapegoat. I think that made him too toxic for anybody besides CCU.

Professor
December 11th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Hmm looks like we picked the right time for a home and home series

Bill
December 11th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Hey was Hank Small, former Lehigh coach, the AD here at the time, maybe still is? I actually ran into Hank at the Advantage Rent a Car counter in Dallas prior to the 2012 NC game...Im pretty sure he said he was AD at Chuck South when I spoke with him that day.

Pards,
Yes - Hank was there for 17+ years - retired this past spring, I believe!

Pards Rule
December 12th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Pards,
Yes - Hank was there for 17+ years - retired this past spring, I believe!

OK Im not losing it then...Thanks Bill