PDA

View Full Version : Duquesne at (#5) South Dakota State

bonarae
November 25th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Duquesne was a surprise winner in the first round matchup against Towson. But can the Jackrabbits shut Hines and company down considerably?

My prediction: Jackrabbits in a blowout.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Least competitive game in the 2nd round.

Over by halftime.

Poll?

Cocky
November 25th, 2018, 07:36 AM
Least competitive game in the 2nd round.

Over by halftime.

Poll?

I didnt do any this time because I dont know how to do a poll.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Dusquesne knows how to score points and SDSU has some question marks on defense.

I think SDSU wins but don't be surprised if it's a little closer than expected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Dusquesne knows how to score points and SDSU has some question marks on defense.

The game is in Brookings. SDSU rout.

JimmyJack
November 25th, 2018, 09:05 AM

Maybe. Last year, Duquesne came to Brookings and lost 51-13. Hines had 30-some yards. Perhaps the Dukes are better this year. But so is SDSU. The Jacks have improved on the offensive and defensive lines since last year. Anderson and Johnson and Kunz have replaced Goedert and Wieneke. And Pierre Strong is running wild.

Laker
November 25th, 2018, 09:07 AM
This game shouldn't be close. Jacks will wear down the Dukes.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 09:14 AM
As if the deck wasn't stacked enough against Duquesne as far as I can tell the last 12 teams trying to win 2 road playoff games in consecutive weeks are 0-12. The last team to do it was Colgate in the 1st and 2nd rounds at UNH and at JMU in 2015.

WestCoastAggie
November 25th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Win or Lose, DU has played a masterful season this year. Kudos!

Lorne_Malvo
November 25th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Bunnies thump Duquesne. Blowout.

Bison56
November 25th, 2018, 10:48 AM
I would vote for the bunnies in the poll, but I cant find it.

GoBlueHens83
November 25th, 2018, 10:50 AM
As if the deck wasn't stacked enough against Duquesne as far as I can tell the last 12 teams trying to win 2 road playoff games in consecutive weeks are 0-12. The last team to do it was Colgate in the 1st and 2nd rounds at UNH and at JMU in 2015.

Delaware did it in 2007 against UNI & SIU.

But I think this might be more difficult. I'll take SDSU 42-10.

JacksFan40
November 25th, 2018, 10:54 AM
It’ll be similar to last years game against them. Hines might do better than last year but they’ll need to be able to throw effectively as well. SDSU’s offense should score at will on them anyways, I highly doubt Duquesne keeps up in a shootout.
SDSU wins 63-21.

BisonBacker
November 25th, 2018, 10:56 AM
The Joose will be flowing in Brookings on Saturday night. Hope Stig has a designated driver this time xlolx Bunny turds in a blowout.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2018, 10:59 AM
SDSU 10-7

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2018, 11:14 AM
SDSU wins. I didn't know Duquesne had played them last year. That Towson win makes little sense but more power to them!

Lorne_Malvo
November 25th, 2018, 11:30 AM
I would vote for the bunnies in the poll, but I cant find it.

Lol. Its a backhanded insult.

ming01
November 25th, 2018, 11:37 AM
47-27 is my guess.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Duquesne in a thriller. 21-18

katss07
November 25th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Congrats to Duquense, nobody expects a team from the NEC to move on. Enjoy being here and getting a second extra week! That’s awesome, congratulations Dukes!

I really hope DU wins, and I think they’re going to keep in close for a little while. This isn’t last year’s team. Still, I’ll take SDSU 42-17 or so. Won’t be close after halftime, Jacks will wear down Duquense and the talent gap will show up.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Southland officiating crew in this game according to refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0). Last week a Southland crew officiated the Stony Brook/SEMO game.

katss07
November 25th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Southland officiating crew in this game according to refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0). Last week a Southland crew officiated the Stony Brook/SEMO game.
Condolences

KPSUL
November 25th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Heavy rain and cool temperature helped the Duquesne running game overpower Towson and seemed to neutralize Tom Flacco and the Towson offense. I suppose a snowstorm might help Duquesne in Brookings, it would keep the score down but I don't think it would change the outcome. The only indication that Duquesne will have any chance is the SDSU loss to ground oriented UNI. Any thoughts or observations from MVFC fans on that game ?

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Heavy rain and cool temperature helped the Duquesne running game overpower Towson and seemed to neutralize Tom Flacco and the Towson offense. I suppose a snowstorm might help Duquesne in Brookings, it would keep the score down but I don't think it would change the outcome. The only indication that Duquesne will have any chance is the SDSU loss to ground oriented UNI. Any thoughts or observations from MVFC fans on that game ?

Big gap in athlete and SDSU is on a hot streak...."newish" freshman RB looks like the real deal too.

Jacks02
November 25th, 2018, 02:05 PM

SDSU was down two starting lineman, and also was playing with a depleted RB corps, as Pierre Strong was hurt and only played a few snaps. Was also first game following the loss of RB Isaac Wallace to career ending injury and we were also short CJ Wilson who hasn't played since YSU.

Basically our only health RB was short-yardage back Mikey Daniel.

We've been a completely different team since then, as 38 pts was fewest points we've scored the last four weeks. We seem to be pretty healthy going into the playoffs as well.

If we play well, I don't expect it to be close.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2018, 02:33 PM
let's not kid anyone here, the outcome is already determined and lack of people at the game will tell you they agree as well.....

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Duquesne in a barn burner.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Duquesne in a barn burner.

xeyebrowx

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2018, 02:43 PM
xeyebrowxGo big or go home. YOLO

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Team stats comparison for this matchup:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4847/45998346052_e96b05c047_z.jpg

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Go big or go home. YOLO

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using TapatalkYOLO... That's damn near grounds for negative rep.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2018, 06:51 PM
YOLO... That's damn near grounds for negative rep.Do it. YOLO.

I've actually never been neg repped lol

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Do it. YOLO.

I've actually never been neg repped lol

Don't poke the bear.

BTW, it is fun since I have had about 5 of them, 3 were from an old floormate who lived in Thompson Hall with me freshman year and I still don't know why he neg repped me to this day as I didn't realize there was animosity between us. 1 I believe was from a SUU poster a few years ago who I called out and told them to stop riding the coattails of EWU. The other 1 was cause I practically dared them to, and they did.

Only 1 of them was a true "neg" rep as the other ones did not have enough "power" to neg rep me.

ElCid
November 25th, 2018, 07:15 PM
One thing I noticed is that in "most" of their games they seem to play to their competition level. They only had a couple blowouts both ways. They had enough to play up to Towson, but not sure they have enough for SDSU's level. But it may be closer than some think.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Shout-out to Cx500d. Champ.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 07:52 PM
One thing I noticed is that in "most" of their games they seem to play to their competition level. They only had a couple blowouts both ways. They had enough to play up to Towson, but not sure they have enough for SDSU's level. But it may be closer than some think.
We'll see. 5dimes has the spread at 31.5. I think it could be close than that but I doubt Duquesne gets within 20.

cx500d
November 25th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Shout-out to Cx500d. Champ.

No prob...Any other requests?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2018, 07:55 PM
No prob...Any other requests?

I'll be sure to hit you up if any come to mind.

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2018, 09:09 PM
let's not kid anyone here, the outcome is already determined and lack of people at the game will tell you they agree as well.....

To make it worse it’s going to snow, PLUS our basketball team has a big game against UNI at US Bank stadium in Minneapolis. I legitimately am expecting to have some of the most dog**** attendance of any team in the whole playoffs this week. Sometimes I really hate that we’re a basketball school. I’ll be there though, enjoying the freedoms that come with being able to use the whole stadium to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Big differences between Towson and SDSU. SDSU has a real good run game, SDSU has a damn physical defense, and the weather won’t be something that SDSU hasn’t played in before. I don’t think you can ever prepare for a monsoon, but you can be used to snow and cold. I don’t think the weather will bother Duquesne either, but it’s not going to make SDSU one dimensional either.

Kemo
November 25th, 2018, 10:34 PM
Big differences between Towson and SDSU. SDSU has a real good run game, SDSU has a damn physical defense, and the weather won’t be something that SDSU hasn’t played in before. I don’t think you can ever prepare for a monsoon, but you can be used to snow and cold. I don’t think the weather will bother Duquesne either, but it’s not going to make SDSU one dimensional either.

Truth be told, I just don't believe Duquesne has the line play to compete with SDSU. A team at least has to be able to hold their own in that area, if not win that match up to slow down the Jackrabbit skill position talent.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2018, 10:53 PM
SDSU is already looking ahead to the NDSU game. Dukes in a low scoring game. The Joose is loose.

CappinHard
November 25th, 2018, 11:30 PM
SDSU is already looking ahead to the NDSU game. Dukes in a low scoring game. The Joose is loose.

I will guarantee you that if the Dukes somehow win, it won't be low scoring. The only way they win is if they pull a game like ISUb, where we definitely looked past them and they were able to keep up offensively.

RowdyRabbit
November 26th, 2018, 10:24 AM
To make it worse it’s going to snow, PLUS our basketball team has a big game against UNI at US Bank stadium in Minneapolis. I legitimately am expecting to have some of the most dog**** attendance of any team in the whole playoffs this week. Sometimes I really hate that we’re a basketball school. I’ll be there though, enjoying the freedoms that come with being able to use the whole stadium to myself.

You and me both!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29579&stc=1

2002jack
November 26th, 2018, 06:44 PM
I’m headed to the BB game at US Bank with four others who would typically go to the FB game.

cx500d
November 26th, 2018, 08:28 PM
I will guarantee you that if the Dukes somehow win, it won't be low scoring. The only way they win is if they pull a game like ISUb, where we definitely looked past them and they were able to keep up offensively.

Or, perhaps 10 turnovers or some such idiocy

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Nolo contendere. Duquesne ave atque vale.

2002jack
November 26th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Yeah. What he said!

Hammerhead
November 26th, 2018, 09:29 PM
The Weather Underground is predicting 3" - 5" of snow in Brookings on Saturday with temps just below freezing. That won't help attendance. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/sd/brookings?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2018, 09:31 PM
The Weather Underground is predicting 3" - 5" of snow in Brookings on Saturday with temps just below freezing. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/sd/brookings?cm_ven=localwx_10day
Yuck. I'm guessing between that weather and the SDSU men's basketball game in Minneapolis this game might not even draw 5,000 fans.

aceinthehole
November 26th, 2018, 09:53 PM
I'm not predicting a Duquesne win, but they have the potential to keep it close.

Don't forget in 2012, when Wagner won in the first round and travelled out to #4 Eastern Washington, the NEC team lost 29-19 in the 2nd Round.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Duquesne has the skill guys and team speed to compete with SDSU. The question for me is if they can hang in the trenches. From the outside I would have to believe SDSU is simply better along both LOS. The Dukes OL definitely pushed the Towson DL around which is a good sign and should boost confidence until the game starts....

Go...gate
November 26th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Nolo contendere. Duquesne ave atque vale.

You been reading those Spiro Agnew books again?

Go...gate
November 26th, 2018, 11:01 PM
I think it will be a fine game. At this point, every team is pretty good.

Go...gate
November 26th, 2018, 11:06 PM
I'm not predicting a Duquesne win, but they have the potential to keep it close.

Don't forget in 2012, when Wagner won in the first round and travelled out to #4 Eastern Washington, the NEC team lost 29-19 in the 2nd Round.

Yes. Wagner played very well that day. I believe Duquesne could very well do the same thing.

Bisonator
November 27th, 2018, 07:58 AM
This will be ugly for the Dukes I think. Unless TC starts handing out turnovers I don't see them keeping it close.

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I’m headed to the BB game at US Bank with four others who would typically go to the FB game.
And I get it. A lot of people bought those tickets for a decent chunk of change plus hotels, etc. Most didn’t think a seed was possible after losing Jake and Dallas. I’m more disappointed about the game being scheduled for that day, but I’m sure there wasn’t much opportunity to have it happen a different day and the b-ball team couldn’t miss a chance like that just because there might be a home playoff game.

Yuck. I'm guessing between that weather and the SDSU men's basketball game in Minneapolis this game might not even draw 5,000 fans.
Dude, I’m not sure we hit 3k. It’s going to be extremely bad. I’m fairly sure most of the diehard season ticket holders are big basketball fans. A ton of them got tickets to the basketball game. That weather is going to be a BLAST though. I love snow games. The attendance will be probably low enough that it’s embarrassing to the Valley though tbh. Like WIU bad. It doesn’t help that the

Duquesne has the skill guys and team speed to compete with SDSU. The question for me is if they can hang in the trenches. From the outside I would have to believe SDSU is simply better along both LOS. The Dukes OL definitely pushed the Towson DL around which is a good sign and should boost confidence until the game starts....

Our O and D lines should dominate them from what I saw. Watching the Towson game the SDSU lines are on a different level of physicality. SDSU is averaging something like 6.5 ypc. That’s an improvement of 2 ypc over when they had Zach Zenner. Outside the short yardage back, each rb that has played as the number one back has averaged over 7 ypc. The dukes are going to need to burn the Jacks over the top a couple times with play action to loosen up the defense to be able to hang.

JimmyJack
November 27th, 2018, 08:06 AM

Perhaps. Also, don't forget all the way back in 2017, when Duquesne traveled to SDSU and lost 51-13.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2018, 08:08 AM
I'll be really surprised if the final margin of victory is less than 3 TD's. Bunny turds cakewalk unless as already pointed out TC turns the ball over like Christmas candy to a kid.

RowdyRabbit
November 27th, 2018, 08:33 AM
The Weather Underground is predicting 3" - 5" of snow in Brookings on Saturday with temps just below freezing. That won't help attendance. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/sd/brookings?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Tried to post twice last night from mobile and neither post took...so here goes again....

Lord I pray that this forecast holds! There is pretty much nothing better than Jackrabbit football in freezing/snow conditions! I realize it really limits the crowd, but I love it, the ones that do come are thrice as vocal as normal, it seems. Can. Not. Wait.

As for the game, I'm not sure what to think. Part of me can't imagine it'll be close (ala 2017 game, 51-13), as Duquesne can't possibly be that much improved can they? But part of me is nervous the Jacks will take them too lightly because of last years results, and if the field is covered with snow, the big play potential increases exponentially for both teams.

I'll still take the 'rabbits. 45-14.

semobison
November 27th, 2018, 08:50 AM

I love hoops but nobody remembers what you do in December. They remember what you do in March!
Could be the last FB game in Brooking this year. I'm sure Jacks fans are pulling for Wofford.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2018, 09:11 AM
I love hoops but nobody remembers what you do in December. They remember what you do in March!
Could be the last FB game in Brooking this year. I'm sure Jacks fans are pulling for Wofford.
Different fan bases have different priorities I guess. This would be kind of like, if they were happening at the same time, NDSU fans going to the Target Field game vs Butler instead of to the Summit League basketball tournament. I have no doubt the majority of Bison fans would choose Target Field but it's too bad for the SDSU football and NDSU men's basketball programs that they'd play 2nd fiddle when their season is on the line.

...actually it's not too bad for NDSU's men's basketball program because with the direction they're headed they don't really warrant anyone going to see them right now over a championship caliber football team. NDSU's basketball team also plays in that same event that SDSU is playing in this Saturday at US Bank stadium in Minneapolis and I bet you probably won't need more than a few dozen hands to count the Bison fans there whereas there will probably be ~18,000 at the Fargodome.

2002jack
November 27th, 2018, 05:15 PM

I’m going to the bb game because it is on US Bank Stadium. It’s not likely SDSU will play there again. Also against UNI, so added interest.

Scooter
November 27th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Jacks will win this one. They are better in practically every statistical category and play a tougher schedule.

Great season for Duquesne! They won't win this game unless the SDSU QB has over 6 turnovers.....wait....no.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2018, 06:25 AM
Different fan bases have different priorities I guess. This would be kind of like, if they were happening at the same time, NDSU fans going to the Target Field game vs Butler instead of to the Summit League basketball tournament. I have no doubt the majority of Bison fans would choose Target Field but it's too bad for the SDSU football and NDSU men's basketball programs that they'd play 2nd fiddle when their season is on the line.

...actually it's not too bad for NDSU's men's basketball program because with the direction they're headed they don't really warrant anyone going to see them right now over a championship caliber football team. NDSU's basketball team also plays in that same event that SDSU is playing in this Saturday at US Bank stadium in Minneapolis and I bet you probably won't need more than a few dozen hands to count the Bison fans there whereas there will probably be ~18,000 at the Fargodome.

All that needs to be said about the MBB program at NDSU is that Richman needs to go.....period. Same with the WBB coach. I'll go to a wresting match before BB any time at NDSU.

This game will be the most lopsided 2nd round game.

Looking ahead to the quarters, SDSU has had trouble with option in the past but their defense is much improved compared to the year Cal Poly ran all over them. If Wofford wins, which they might, SDSU will be at home but the weather if is blowing hard could hinder their passing game and then it could be really close. I think KSU is going to win and the game will be in nice weather. Either way, NDSU/SDSU in the semis. That one is going to be fun!

clawman
November 28th, 2018, 07:55 AM
https://forecast.weather.gov/meteograms/Plotter.php?lat=43.5458&lon=-96.7313&wfo=FSD&zcode=SDZ062&gset=25&gdiff=3&unit=0&tinfo=CY6&ahour=48&pcmd=110111111111100000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000&lg=en&indu=1!1!1!&dd=&bw=&hrspan=48&pqpfhr=6&psnwhr=6 (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=wc&w3=sfcwind&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=rain&w8=thunder&w9=snow&w10=fzg&w11=sleet&AheadHour=0&&FcstType=digital&textField1=43.5458&textField2=-96.7313&site=all)Brrrrr

X-Factor
November 28th, 2018, 10:15 AM
The Towson game is so puzzling to me. I figured even with the weather that Towson would mnhandle them up front. It seemed to be the other way.

I’ll still go with jacks big in this one, by at least 24

JacksFan40
November 28th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Dude, I’m not sure we hit 3k. It’s going to be extremely bad. I’m fairly sure most of the diehard season ticket holders are big basketball fans. A ton of them got tickets to the basketball game. That weather is going to be a BLAST though. I love snow games. The attendance will be probably low enough that it’s embarrassing to the Valley though tbh. Like WIU bad. It doesn’t help that the

I think we can get 5k, around what we got against Missouri State. The reason our attendance sucks compared to NDSU and Montana is because they’ve been historically dominant programs, they’ve won national titles. We made it to the D2 playoffs once in however many years we were there. If we’d of been better in the past like winning 2-3 D2 Titles and multiple playoff appearances, we’d of inspired more fans to actually come to our games late in the year. Our success has come recently and that’s why our attendance has gone up. Usually late season games in the cold would draw 1-2k, now we can draw 5-6k.

SoDakSA
November 28th, 2018, 11:10 AM
I think we can get 5k, around what we got against Missouri State. The reason our attendance sucks compared to NDSU and Montana is because they’ve been historically dominant programs, they’ve won national titles. We made it to the D2 playoffs once in however many years we were there. If we’d of been better in the past like winning 2-3 D2 Titles and multiple playoff appearances, we’d of inspired more fans to actually come to our games late in the year. Our success has come recently and that’s why our attendance has gone up. Usually late season games in the cold would draw 1-2k, now we can draw 5-6k.

The "metro" area of Fargo and Montana is also better suited to attendance. SDSU relies on a good number of fans travelling 45 minutes or more to attend. When there is a fear of bad weather or a perceived "lesser" opponent, there just isn't the will to get there. Add in the fact that they can watch the game in the comfort of their own home and you have all the makings of a little over 5k.

I love football in the snow. The cold doesn't bother me as much since the stadium was finished. It seems to block the wind. Back in the old D2 days, that open end on the north side made for some miserable temps.

Winterborn
November 28th, 2018, 11:23 AM
SDSU in a landslide.

CappinHard
November 29th, 2018, 02:49 PM
SDSU in a landslide.

Agreed. I can't believe the spread is down to 24.5. If you think the weather is going to keep Duquesne in the game, you're wrong. SDSU's run game is rolling and the defense is used to the cold weather and will overwhelm Duquesne. I'm predicting a 45-10 win.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Towson was up 10-0 with with the ball on the goal line with 4 minutes left in the second qtr, Towson RB fumbles on GL .... it looked like it was about to be 17-0 but looked like Towson quit after that..... poor tackling team with no guts.......

what does this mean for South Dakota State? well let's just hope it's not over in the first quarter

jacksfan29
November 29th, 2018, 03:09 PM
The "metro" area of Fargo and Montana is also better suited to attendance. SDSU relies on a good number of fans travelling 45 minutes or more to attend. When there is a fear of bad weather or a perceived "lesser" opponent, there just isn't the will to get there. Add in the fact that they can watch the game in the comfort of their own home and you have all the makings of a little over 5k.

I love football in the snow. The cold doesn't bother me as much since the stadium was finished. It seems to block the wind. Back in the old D2 days, that open end on the north side made for some miserable temps.

Sioux Falls fans won't travel to Brookings if the weather is bad, they will sit at home and watch the game on TV. But the same Sioux Falls fan would have no problem going to Lincoln in a blizzard to see the Huskers play. The biggest difference between SDSU, NDSU and UM fans? NDSU and Montana are the #1 teams of their fans. At SDSU, a lot of fans and graduates are first and foremost fans of the area FBS schools. Huskers and Hawkeyes mainly.

That does change for BB season and if the Summit got their scheduling crap together (Friday/Saturday/Sunday games) our BB attendance would double. Football? For too long SDSU were an average FB program. It will take winning a Championship and maintaining years of high level success to change the mentality of fans from Sioux Falls.

RabidRabbit
November 30th, 2018, 04:06 PM
This game has all the makings of being a repeat of last year's early season game between the two. Jacks' D & O lines are as good or better than a year ago, Taryn is on a tear, matching production of a year ago. Think Jacks will bottle up Dukes RB like they did vs IL State. 49-17, with 10 of Dukes points coming in 4th quarter vs 2nds and 3rds for SDSU. Jacks rarely lose in bad weather, especially in Brookings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jacks02
December 1st, 2018, 02:42 PM
14-0 Jacks early in Q2.

JimmyJack
December 1st, 2018, 03:11 PM
14-0 Jacks early in Q2.

This Southland officiating crew is something else.

JimmyJack
December 1st, 2018, 03:12 PM
Strong, 52 yards. 21-0

downbythebeach
December 1st, 2018, 03:15 PM
Just turned this on to see the wide angle on the extra point. Where are all the fans? I know it is cold but that is way less than I would expect.

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 03:18 PM
This Southland officiating crew is something else.
I warned you guys...the SLC refs are absolutely horrible.

JimmyJack
December 1st, 2018, 03:19 PM
Just turned this on to see the wide angle on the extra point. Where are all the fans? I know it is cold but that is way less than I would expect.

Blizzard moving in. SDSU is in a town of 25,000 people. They rely in people driving in to games. South Dakotans are pretty smart about bad weather.

JimmyJack
December 1st, 2018, 03:20 PM
I warned you guys...the SLC refs are absolutely horrible.

Really just one WTF call, a horse collar tackle that was clearly not. The others probably wouldn't have been called by MVFC crew.

downbythebeach
December 1st, 2018, 03:22 PM
Blizzard moving in. SDSU is in a town of 25,000 people. They rely in people driving in to games. South Dakotans are pretty smart about bad weather.

Makes sense

cx500d
December 1st, 2018, 03:23 PM

Looked up "fair weather fan" in the dictionary, said it was a student of SDSU or a resident of Brookings or Sioux Falls.

JimmyJack
December 1st, 2018, 03:24 PM
Looked up "fair weather fan" in the dictionary, said it was a student of SDSU or a resident of Brookings or Sioux Falls.

You might be onto something there.

cx500d
December 1st, 2018, 03:27 PM
Either Stig has been hitting the joose HARD, or it might be cold.

Benne
December 1st, 2018, 04:01 PM
Looked up "fair weather fan" in the dictionary, said it was a student of SDSU or a resident of Brookings or Sioux Falls.I bet Cubbies is packed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 1st, 2018, 04:10 PM
SDSU, I want more destruction!

Theee Catrabbit
December 1st, 2018, 04:18 PM
I sadly did not go today. I cant justify driving in this weather. A friend of ours lost a relative earlier this week driving in this exact type of sleet on snow. I had no reason to think Duquesne would even be close in this game to risk it. In the end it's just football

ST_Lawson
December 1st, 2018, 04:25 PM
I sadly did not go today. I cant justify driving in this weather. A friend of ours lost a relative earlier this week driving in this exact type of sleet on snow. I had no reason to think Duquesne would even be close in this game to risk it. In the end it's just football

Stay safe now, enjoy more games later. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to drive in that snow.

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2018, 04:52 PM
SDSU starting to put the hammer down, now 51-6 with Daniels TD run.

RabidRabbit
December 1st, 2018, 04:53 PM
Jacks 51, Dukes 6 13 mins left in game. Stig better keep all the Offensive 1sts off field rest of game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2018, 05:04 PM
Duquesne player just got an unsportmanlike for doing a snow angel. What jerk that ref.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2018, 05:37 PM
Duquesne player just got an unsportmanlike for doing a snow angel. What jerk that ref.

yea, I always say the Refs should let em play....

cx500d
December 1st, 2018, 05:38 PM

Who doesn't like snow angels?

CappinHard
December 1st, 2018, 05:55 PM
Agreed. I can't believe the spread is down to 24.5. If you think the weather is going to keep Duquesne in the game, you're wrong. SDSU's run game is rolling and the defense is used to the cold weather and will overwhelm Duquesne. I'm predicting a 45-10 win.

Close. Went how I expected. On to Kennesaw State.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2018, 05:59 PM
Pics of game in snow?

Bisonator
December 1st, 2018, 06:05 PM
Congrats jacks!

RowdyRabbit
December 1st, 2018, 06:12 PM
Pics of game in snow?
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29645&stc=1

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2018, 09:31 PM
Pics of game in snow?

POD Knows
December 1st, 2018, 11:32 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt was beautiful in Fargo today.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2018, 08:52 AM
Thanks Wabbit!!!