PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga clears house of offensive staff

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2018, 10:47 PM
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/39523115/utc-mocs-offensive-coordinator-two-other-coaches-fired

OC, QB coach, OL coach, and WR coach are OUT.

Sounds about right. They could not get anything done despite being as talented as any other team in the socon if not more so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2018, 12:31 AM
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/39523115/utc-mocs-offensive-coordinator-two-other-coaches-fired

OC, QB coach, OL coach, and WR coach are OUT.

Sounds about right. They could not get anything done despite being as talented as any other team in the socon if not more so.

Wow - RB Coach/Special Teams Coordinator dodged a bullet, I guess. OL Coach came to Chatt from John Carroll U. with Coach Arth. Will be interesting to see who Peyton, er, I mean Coach Arth selects for the Mocs next OC.

gofurman
November 22nd, 2018, 01:26 AM
Dam. I liked them having no offense !!! They have a strong D

PaladinFan
November 22nd, 2018, 05:57 AM
Moves like that suggest that Arth's seat might be getting warmer.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2018, 08:48 AM
Good, your offense was terribad.

Though I still think Tiano had something to do with it. That kid was bad.

Mocs123
November 22nd, 2018, 08:53 AM
Tiano actually had a really good year.

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2018, 09:35 AM
Tiano definitely has skills that, if used completely differently, could have given Chatt a solid Offense. The prior OC/QB Coach wanted him to be Peyton Manning, but he’s Tim Tebow, except he also can throw a pretty fair deep ball.

Chatt can have a very good O next year if they hire the right OC who uses the talent he has properly.

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2018, 09:39 AM
What's funny is that Chattanooga's offense improved this year.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2018, 09:44 AM

I mean, damn, after 2016 there was nowhere to go but up.

Mocs123
November 22nd, 2018, 10:21 AM

So true. The offense was 10 times better this year than last and we were still the worst in the country

FormerPokeCenter
November 22nd, 2018, 12:05 PM
I think McNeese gave you a run for your money on that whole "Worst Offense in the Country" thing..

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2018, 12:13 PM

last good year for them was 1492

gofurman
November 22nd, 2018, 01:05 PM

Yeah. It was weird. I watched the Furma Chatt game and one other. Wofford v Chatt. Even when Furman fumbled FIVE times v Chatt and we only scored 16 you never felt threatened. Weird. Because Chatt has talent. I mean Furman won 16-9 or so and Chatts scored w a minute or two left when we fumbled on our own 10. Otherwise 16-3

they have a great D there

PaladinFan
November 22nd, 2018, 09:07 PM
Just my opinion, but UTC's offensive issues aren't lack of talent, but lack of diversity.

Tiano, Price, and Nunnelly had good seasons. The Moc's problem, I think, is that they really didn't have anyone else besides those three guys who defenses had to respect. Playing defense is a lot easier when you can posit an educated guess about who is getting the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. It was weird. I watched the Furma Chatt game and one other. Wofford v Chatt. Even when Furman fumbled FIVE times v Chatt and we only scored 16 you never felt threatened. Weird. Because Chatt has talent. I mean Furman won 16-9 or so and Chatts scored w a minute or two left when we fumbled on our own 10. Otherwise 16-3

they have a great D there

If Furman doesn't turn the ball over twice in their own zone, I'm not sure UTC scores in that game.

walliver
November 23rd, 2018, 07:28 AM
Hiring Arth was somewhat of a gamble. He was a very successful well-known coach in D3, but there was always a question of how well his skills would translate to D-I FCS.

The big change in the game as you move from D3 to D2 to D1 is overall team depth. At D3, a few good players at key positions can make an offense work. In D-I, you need good players at all positions to be successful. In D3, Arth and company were able to recruit at a much higher level than most of their opponents, and a plain vanilla offense was successful.

Firing what is essentially the entire offensive staff is sort of a publicity stunt. It suggests that Arth was completely hand-off with the offense.

Will Western Carolina's defensive staff be next?