PDA

View Full Version : AGS Meltdown

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 02:20 PM
Just taking cheese orders. Who wants the chedder? Anyone for blue cheese? Provolone? Pepperjack? Should we order some ritz crackers for texture?

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Just taking cheese orders. Who wants the chedder? Anyone for blue cheese? Provolone? Pepperjack? Should we order some ritz crackers for texture?

Over on the Furman board, they like theirs with wine....Lots of wine....

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Admittingly, someone always gets hosed when it comes to selection and someone may have gotten selected who didn't deserve to be. I am sure it will all sort out on the field...

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 02:33 PM
It was Indiana St who got screwed, not Furman.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 02:34 PM
It was Indiana St who got screwed, not Furman.
Agree.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 18th, 2018, 02:54 PM
You know who really got hosed in all of this?

FCS football fans

There should only be 16 teams in this bracket and 12 of them have zero shot of winning it all

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 02:57 PM
3 Southland teams in.

How many wins total between all 3 of them?

0?

1?

veinup
November 18th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Cheese? Cottage.
Bread? Banana.

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 03:08 PM

FCS football fans

There should only be 16 teams in this bracket and 12 of them have zero shot of winning it all

This ^^^^^^^^

Lorne_Malvo
November 18th, 2018, 03:23 PM

FCS football fans

Soooo you are saying we need a 4 team playoff. xeyebrowx

BisonTru
November 18th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Indiana State and Furman got screwed. No other way around that one.

mainejeff
November 18th, 2018, 03:32 PM

Sure...that’s a good way to grow the sport & keep a lot of fan bases interested in the season & playoffs.🙄

I love how the favorites want a free pass to the semis or championship.🙄🙄

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Indiana State and Furman got screwed. No other way around that one.

I guess they should have beaten UNI

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I also don’t agree with Lamar getting in, just for the record

pokefan02
November 18th, 2018, 03:49 PM
I also don’t agree with Lamar getting in, just for the record

They did beat McNeese who went 9-2 last year:)

BisonTru
November 18th, 2018, 03:51 PM
I guess they should have beaten UNI

No they should move to OVC and they’d be in the playoffs. Hell MIzzou St would be in the playoffs in that conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 03:57 PM
3 Southland teams in.

0?

1?
You seem slightly angered that the SLC has the same amount of teams as the MVFC...lol

Do I agree with UIW getting in? Yes! Lamar? Nope, but here they are!

And San Diego is going to get boat raced. Lawrence is good but they are a Pioneer team. Just face it the the SLC isn’t trash anymore.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 03:58 PM
You seem slightly angered that the SLC has the same amount of teams as the MVFC...lol

Do I agree with UIW getting in? Yes! Lamar? Nope, but here they are!

And San Diego is going to get boat raced. Lawrence is good but they are a Pioneer team. Just face it the the SLC isn’t trash anymore.

Southland is garbage this year.

Southland if they win a game it will be one.

PAllen
November 18th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Clearly show that you are the best team in your conference and you won't need to complain. Don't, and you have little room to complain. It's about who is THE best, not who is among the best.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Southland is garbage this year.

Southland if they win a game it will be one.
SLC in a trash year used to get 1 in. Now a trash year means 3? Nice!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 04:10 PM
SLC in a trash year used to get 1 in. Now a trash year means 3? Nice!

Pfft....2 that did not deserve to get in....xlolx....ya, nice for one of the weakest conferences.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Southland goes 0-3 or at the best 1-3 during this playoffs.

BisonTru
November 18th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Let's look at the puters. Here is everyone ranked by the Massey Composite...

1. North Dakota St (1)
2. Eastern Washington
3. South Dakota St
4. UC Davis
5. James Madison
6. Weber St
7. Kennesaw St
8. Colgate
9. Towson
10. Stony Brook
11. Maine
12. Nicholls St
13. Elon
14. Northern Iowa
15. Delaware
16. Jacksonville St
17. Wofford
18. Montana St
19. Illinois St
20. Indiana St
21. Furman
22. W Illinois
23. SE Missouri St
24. Rhode Island
25. Idaho St
26. Incarnate Word
27. Samford
28. ETSU
29. Montana
30. New Hampshire
31. Villanova
32. North Dakota
33. San Diego
34. South Dakota
35. Cal Poly
36. Youngstown St
37. Lamar
38. Chattanooga
39. Monmouth

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2018, 04:20 PM

I know you didn't say this, but we do have a 4 team bracket. It's called the Semifinal round. We have a 16 team bracket as well starting in round 2 of the playoffs. Even if you included 128 teams, the final 4 would still be the exact same as a 4 team playoff.

BisonTru
November 18th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Let's look at the puters. Here is everyone playoff eligible ranked by the Massey Composite...

Playoff team (seed)
Snubbed
Did not reach 6 D1 wins

1. North Dakota St (1)
2. Eastern Washington (3)
3. South Dakota St (5)
4. UC Davis (6)
5. James Madison
6. Weber St (2)
7. Kennesaw St (4)
8. Colgate (8)
9. Towson`
10. Stony Brook
11. Maine (7)
12. Nicholls St
13. Elon
14. Northern Iowa
15. Delaware
16. Jacksonville St
17. Wofford
18. Montana St
19. Illinois St
20. Indiana St
21. Furman
22. W Illinois
23. SE Missouri St
24. Rhode Island
25. Idaho St
26. Incarnate Word
27. Samford
28. ETSU
29. Montana
30. New Hampshire
31. Villanova
32. North Dakota
33. San Diego
34. South Dakota
35. Cal Poly
36. Youngstown St
37. Lamar
38. Chattanooga
39. Monmouth

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2018, 04:29 PM
I'd wait a couple days before posting the Massey Composite as a reference. A lot of the better ones aren't in yet. Massey on its own is a fun one, though. Take Monmouth, one of the "last teams out." They are 60th in Massey, haha.

gofurman
November 18th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Let's look at the puters. Here is everyone ranked by the Massey Composite...

1. North Dakota St (1)
2. Eastern Washington
3. South Dakota St
4. UC Davis
5. James Madison
6. Weber St
7. Kennesaw St
8. Colgate
9. Towson
10. Stony Brook
11. Maine
12. Nicholls St
13. Elon
14. Northern Iowa
15. Delaware
16. Jacksonville St
17. Wofford
18. Montana St
19. Illinois St
20. Indiana St. ******. These two teams were shafted.
21. Furman. *****. Not even listed as first three out. That’s what blew my mind. I am not politicking for Furman in Playoffs but how we weren’t first 3 out is beyond me - as our coach said (I think). “every other champ or co-champ got in. Every. one”
22. W Illinois
23. SE Missouri St
24. Rhode Island
25. Idaho St
26. Incarnate Word. ????!
27. Samford
28. ETSU. ******
29. Montana
30. New Hampshire
31. Villanova
32. North Dakota. Listed first three out
33. San Diego
34. South Dakota
35. Cal Poly
36. Youngstown St
37. Lamar. !!!!! C’mon, this is really WTF level. ????? Honestly the selection of Lamar makes FCS look bad. Like our committee is just ignorant. Oh wait, they are !!!!
38. Chattanooga
39. Monmouth

This

BisonTru
November 18th, 2018, 04:39 PM
I'd wait a couple days before posting the Massey Composite as a reference. A lot of the better ones aren't in yet. Massey on its own is a fun one, though. Take Monmouth, one of the "last teams out." They are 60th in Massey, haha.

I was a little surprised Massey has ETSU as the lowest at large at 43. Lamar is at 41. Indiana St.... 16.

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Before you complain too much about your team missing the playoffs at your respective level. Take a look at the case of Midwestern State in Texas. They lost by 1 to the defending national champions and by 1 to an undefeated team. They were the last team left OUT of the D2 playoffs. As ursus usually posts around this time, you can't really complain about not advancing to the postseason once your team loses their third or fourth game on the season. Once you get past that point, it really could just come down to drawing teams out of a hat. Really the only complaint one can have is that there's another team that sucks more than your team. There's really no valid argument of strength for a team who has already lost 4+ times.

For me, I love this year's version of the playoffs. Valley fans should be rejoicing! There's no forced regionalization and no forced second round rematches! You could get 3 Valley, 3 Big Sky teams, or 3 CAA teams in the final four! Think about a couple years ago where basically every single 2nd round game was a rematch! We don't have that this year! I don't know about you, but to me that's pretty ****ing awesome.

BisonTru
November 18th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Before you complain too much about your team missing the playoffs at your respective level. Take a look at the case of Midwestern State in Texas. They lost by 1 to the defending national champions and by 1 to an undefeated team. They were the last team left OUT of the D2 playoffs. As ursus usually posts around this time, you can't really complain about not advancing to the postseason once your team loses their third or fourth game on the season. Once you get past that point, it really could just come down to drawing teams out of a hat. Really the only complaint one can have is that there's another team that sucks more than your team. There's really no valid argument of strength for a team who has already lost 4+ times.

For me, I love this year's version of the playoffs. Valley fans should be rejoicing! There's no forced regionalization and no forced second round rematches! You could get 3 Valley, 3 Big Sky teams, or 3 CAA teams in the final four! Think about a couple years ago where basically every single 2nd round game was a rematch! We don't have that this year! I don't know about you, but to me that's pretty ****ing awesome.

The regionalization or lack there of it, is a pleasant surprise. They could have routed UNI thru SDSU and Montana St thru Weber St. which would have put all the MVFC teams on one side and all the Big Sky teams on the other side.

Kudos to the committee for mixing things up.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:01 PM
See, there ARE some positives when conferences become more competitive and committees mix it up xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:02 PM

D2 is a totally different animal. 4 regions with 6 teams in them. Multiple conferences are in a region. Both Duluth and Mankato were undefeated in conference. Some regions had multiple 3 loss teams in. Sometimes 2 losses will not get you in.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:05 PM
D2 is a totally different animal. 4 regions with 6 teams in them. Multiple conferences are in a region. Both Duluth and Mankato were undefeated in conference. Some regions had multiple 3 loss teams in. Sometimes 2 losses will not get you in.

You haven't put your cheese order in, which is it?? xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:07 PM
You haven't put your cheese order in, which is it?? xcoffeex

Did you read what I wrote....D2 is apples/oranges to the FCS.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Did you read what I wrote....D2 is apples/oranges to the FCS.

Did you read what I wrote? I'm asking you what cheese you want....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Did you read what I wrote? I'm asking you what cheese you want....

Smart ass comments aside, the Southland is crap this year and if the conference wins a game it will be one......maybe Nicholls.

Lamar and IW will get boat raced.

Indiana State and Furman should have been the teams in before them.

jmu007
November 18th, 2018, 05:16 PM

FCS football fans

This. I agree 100%. The real playoffs don't start until the quarter-finals this year. Although, I guess I should just be thankful it's 24 since by this committee's logic, JMU wouldn't have made the field.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Smart ass comments aside, the Southland is crap this year and if the conference wins a game it will be one......maybe Nicholls.

Lamar and IW will get boat raced.

Indiana State and Furman should have been the teams in before them.

OMG, stop being a Furman apologist....you are just making them worse

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:19 PM

Those 2 deserved to be in over the patsies from the Southland.

MacThor
November 18th, 2018, 05:21 PM
This. I agree 100%. The real playoffs don't start until the quarter-finals this year. Although, I guess I should just be thankful it's 24 since by this committee's logic, JMU wouldn't have made the field.

? Explain. JMU was pretty clearly #9 to the committee.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:25 PM

LOL...... If this is really someone from the SoCon calling the SLC crap, that REALLY IS FUNNY....... I shall bow before the SoCon gods and pray they have mercy on me...

No disrespect, but even if Bison Fan in MN is a MVC guy, the MVC gods also need to chill a little...

xcoffeex

jmu007
November 18th, 2018, 05:28 PM
? Explain. JMU was pretty clearly #9 to the committee.

I'm still salty over that tool chairman's explantion of why Colgate and Maine were both seeded ahead of JMU. Let's look at 1 game and base our entire decision on 1 data point. Who gives a damn that 1 team didn't beat a team with a winning record and the other has multiple losses worse than anything on JMU's resume. With that, I just assume we'd be left out in a 16 team field.

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2018, 05:31 PM
I predict after the first round there will be zero **** talk from Southland fans

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 05:31 PM
LOL...... If this is really someone from the SoCon calling the SLC crap, that REALLY IS FUNNY....... I shall bow before the SoCon gods and pray they have mercy on me...

No disrespect, but even if Bison Fan in MN is a MVC guy, the MVC gods also need to chill a little...

xcoffeex

I have one crispy dollar that says the Southland goes 1-3 in the playoffs at best.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 05:32 PM
I predict after the first round there will be zero **** talk from Southland fans

Their best chance is Nicholls beating San Diego and even if they do EWU will beat them like a rented mule.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:34 PM
I ain't making any prediction on the SLC teams, just love watching the bitching and whining here..... Some of you guys still need to put your cheese orders in because you know I ain't going anywhere.......

xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I ain't making any prediction on the SLC teams, just love watching the bitching and whining here..... Some of you guys still need to put your cheese orders in because you know I ain't going anywhere.......

xcoffeex

Most of you Southland guys will be gone when the teams go 0-3.....or maybe 1 win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:37 PM

Too bad Sammy is not in the bracket, those bozos came out of the woodwork with the trash talk only crawl back into their holes after the annual beat down in Fargo.

grizband
November 18th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Talk about a meltdown: Montana. Literally everything that could aide their playoff resume happened in the last two weeks, and the Griz lost on a fumble from the 1/2 yard line. Truly a microcosm of Montana football this season!

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Too bad Sammy is not in the bracket, those bozos came out of the woodwork with the trash talk only crawl back into their holes after the annual beat down in Fargo.

They got far worse beatdowns in Harrisonburg and Jacksonville

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:44 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29526&stc=1

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Outsider1, please rename this thread. It needs to be called BFINWM Meltdown.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Most of you Southland guys will be gone when the teams go 0-3.....or maybe 1 win.

You don't know me do you?

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:46 PM

LOL.......... That is a whole LOTTA funny!! xdrunkyx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:46 PM
They got far worse beatdowns in Harrisonburg and Jacksonville

True. Coach K could have run up the score last year even worse. 55 points at the end of the 3rd. That game could have been 80-13.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Sorry, but that meme made me hungry, think I gonna go get some nachos....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:48 PM

xlolx

Ya, meltdown for sure.

0-3 or 1-3, here we come Southland....xlolx

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:49 PM
True. Coach K could have run up the score last year even worse. 55 points at the end of the 3rd. That game could have been 80-13.

I bow before your greatness oh Mighty One, lol....... xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:50 PM
I bow before your greatness oh Mighty One, lol....... xnodx

Now you plebs are getting it....xnodx

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Bison fans secretly love the SLC. This thread just further confirms it.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 05:53 PM

We do, as long as they are in our part of the bracket

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Now you plebs are getting it....xnodx

Not really.. xcoffeex

Bison56
November 18th, 2018, 06:50 PM

Who doesn't like creampuffs?

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Who doesn't like creampuffs?

Pr!(&s like you xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 06:54 PM
cupcakes are tasty.

Bison56
November 18th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Pr!(&s like you xdrunkyx

How did you know?xlolx

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 07:03 PM
How did you know?xlolx

Just smart that way I guess xcoffeex

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Just smart that way I guess xcoffeex

Takes one to know one? :D

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Takes one to know one? :D

Did you come up with that all by yourself tiny? xcoffeex

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 07:13 PM
Funny how this meltdown has turned into a bunch of Bison fans defending their dominance...........

Bison56
November 18th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Funny how this meltdown has turned into a bunch of Bison fans defending their dominance...........

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Did you come up with that all by yourself tiny? xcoffeex

Totally did scooter. ;)

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Totally did scooter. ;)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29529&stc=1

uni88
November 18th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Do I think that ISUb and Furman did more to earn a shot than UIW and Lamar? Yes. But if you only win 6-7 games then you're going to be on the bubble and can't really complain. Take care of business on the field and make the decision a no-brainer. Don't and you're at the committee's subjective mercy.

Can I have some Danish Bleu Cheese please?

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 07:53 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29529&stc=1

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SickLegitimateGourami-size_restricted.gif

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Do I think that ISUb and Furman did more to earn a shot than UIW and Lamar? Yes. But if you only win 6-7 games then you're going to be on the bubble and can't really complain. Take care of business on the field and make the decision a no-brainer. Don't and you're at the committee's subjective mercy.

LOL, yes.... very bold choice xdrunkyx

- - - Updated - - -

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SickLegitimateGourami-size_restricted.gif

LOL...that is awesome!

Catatonic
November 18th, 2018, 08:23 PM

Here’s the thing I noticed voting in the AGS poll this year. Picking the top 10 was relatively simple. Quality was evident. Picking the last 10, especially 20-25 was tough. Every team at that level had huge holes in its resume along with some pluses. Just when I thought I had it figured out, the teams I’d decided should be in this group would disappoint the next week.

Im not alone judging by the revolving door for teams at the lower end the poll. Anyone who says Furman or Monmouth or Indiana State or (insert your favorite team here) got hosed because another sometimes good, sometimes not, but never excellent team got in and your equally unimpressive team didn’t, is just blowing smoke. UIW May get blown out by Montana State. Monmouth probably would have suffered the same fate.

Go...gate
November 18th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Sure...that’s a good way to grow the sport & keep a lot of fan bases interested in the season & playoffs.

I love how the favorites want a free pass to the semis or championship.

Through the years, the fans of top teams have always parroted this BS. They believe their programs are the only ones with any quality or value and the rest of us should accept "second-class" status and keep quiet.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2018, 08:55 PM

Been here a lot longer than you Jr and I am not going anywhere.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 09:02 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/2mwm59.jpg

veinup
November 18th, 2018, 09:08 PM
blue cheese is very bold and manly, everyone should eat it

EKUSteve
November 18th, 2018, 09:11 PM
This ^^^^^^^^

Probably so, but when you have 12 auto bids for conference champions the NCAA rules are to have 12 at-large to match.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2018, 09:14 PM

I offered Ritz crackers and easy cheese to Furman fans when they came in 2013.....it complimented the Franzia very well.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2018, 09:31 PM

honestly, I had never heard of North Dakota State when I came on AGS, maybe there is another Ponzi lurking somewhere out there........

Laker
November 18th, 2018, 09:32 PM

Region 4 fans are still wondering why Midwestern wasn't chosen instead of Azusa.

Azusa Pacific 0
Tarleton State 58

Lorne_Malvo
November 18th, 2018, 10:08 PM

I tend to agree here.

NDSUtk
November 18th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Probably so, but when you have 12 auto bids for conference champions the NCAA rules are to have 12 at-large to match.There are only 10 autos.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2018, 12:57 AM
Region 4 fans are still wondering why Midwestern wasn't chosen instead of Azusa.

Azusa Pacific 0
Tarleton State 58

There was a stipulation in the selection procedure that even though there's no auto-bid, if you won a conference and were in the top 9 of the final rankings, you still got in. That was the sole reason why Azusa was selected.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2018, 01:00 AM
Talk about a meltdown: Montana. Literally everything that could aide their playoff resume happened in the last two weeks, and the Griz lost on a fumble from the 1/2 yard line. Truly a microcosm of Montana football this season!

You're onto something with your Montana meltdown talk. If they only played 3 quarters each game, they'd be 10-1 right now. In their 4 losses to Davis, Portland, WIU, and MSU, they were outscored 81-15 in the 4th quarter and had 5 lost fumbles and 8 total turnovers in the 4th quarter alone. That's the definition of a meltdown. They just managed to do it 4 different times. If you count the near meltdown against UNI, they were outscored 97-15 in the final frame!

grizband
November 19th, 2018, 01:07 AM
You're onto something with your Montana meltdown talk. If they only played 3 quarters each game, they'd be 10-1 right now. In their 4 losses to Davis, Portland, WIU, and MSU, they were outscored 81-15 in the 4th quarter and had 5 lost fumbles and 8 total turnovers in the 4th quarter alone. That's the definition of a meltdown. They just managed to do it 4 different times. If you count the near meltdown against UNI, they were outscored 97-15 in the final frame!North Dakota is the only game Montana never had a chance to win! Such a frustrating season, given how will the team played in many losses (middle of the PSU and WIU games, first half against Davis).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2018, 06:21 AM

Like I said....."most"....you're one of the originals.

Most of these young punks will be gone.

MacThor
November 19th, 2018, 06:49 AM
There are only 10 autos.

I'm definitely in favor of going back to 20.

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2018, 07:10 AM
...AH'M GUESSIN'......MAINE GOT DUH SEED....OVERAH JMU.......SO DAT.......UD......WOOD HAVE TA...GO TA HARRISONBURG......TOOK CARE UH TWO CAA MATCHUPS..IN ONE....AWK!

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 07:17 AM
You're onto something with your Montana meltdown talk. If they only played 3 quarters each game, they'd be 10-1 right now. In their 4 losses to Davis, Portland, WIU, and MSU, they were outscored 81-15 in the 4th quarter and had 5 lost fumbles and 8 total turnovers in the 4th quarter alone. That's the definition of a meltdown. They just managed to do it 4 different times. If you count the near meltdown against UNI, they were outscored 97-15 in the final frame!

No stamina, poor conditioning, and a lack of intestinal fortitude

veinup
November 19th, 2018, 07:43 AM
No stamina, poor conditioning, and a lack of intestinal fortitude

time to hit the weight room I guess.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 07:44 AM
time to hit the weight room I guess.

That’s what UND does

BisonBacker
November 19th, 2018, 08:15 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/2mwm59.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cx500d again.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 09:51 AM
I'm definitely in favor of going back to 20.

This and more of this.

But before that, seed the entire field!

Bisonator
November 19th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Need to get back down to 16 and seed everyone.

McNeese75
November 19th, 2018, 03:15 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cx500d again.

That was pretty damn good xlolx

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Lot of people hate more football

Thundar
November 19th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I'm pumped, bring on whoever keeps advancing

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2018, 04:43 PM
I’d like a twelve-inch sub with ham,turkey, and bacon with PROVOLONE CHEESE. Double the meat. Heat it. No sauces or veggies, just double meat, cheese, and bread only...with a dill pickle spear on the side. Yes, chips and a drink please...BBQ chips and a Coke Zero with vanilla flavoring. It’s time for dinner now...

Bison56
November 19th, 2018, 06:48 PM

Seems like it doesn't it?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 06:50 PM
3 Southland teams in.

0?

1?

I'll give them a win. Nicholls isn't a bad team.

kalm
November 19th, 2018, 06:50 PM

"Yeah...that's just too much football. "

xlolx

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2018, 08:34 PM
I’d like a twelve-inch sub with ham,turkey, and bacon with PROVOLONE CHEESE. Double the meat. Heat it. No sauces or veggies, just double meat, cheese, and bread only...with a dill pickle spear on the side. Yes, chips and a drink please...BBQ chips and a Coke Zero with vanilla flavoring. It’s time for dinner now...

We may not agree all the time, but damn if that doesn't sound good. I think I know what I want for lunch tomorrow...love me some provolone.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Oh, as for my cheese order, I’ll take some Wisconsin cheese curds and lord help you if they don’t squeak xcoffeex

uni88
November 19th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Oh, as for my cheese order, I’ll take some Wisconsin cheese curds and lord help you if they don’t squeak xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSqueaky or fried?

dewey
November 19th, 2018, 10:39 PM

Don't you want some good cheese curds from Minnesota :D

Edit...I do love me some good squeaky cheese curds from the Nelson Creamery along the Mississippi River across from Wabasha Minnesota.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 10:45 PM

We may not agree all the time, but damn if that doesn't sound good. I think I know what I want for lunch tomorrow...love me some provolone.

Squeaky or fried?

Edit...I do love me some good squeaky cheese curds from the Nelson Creamery along the Mississippi River across from Wabasha Minnesota.

Dewey

I like where this thread is going. Provolone Cheese and Cheese Curds are my crack. Oh and when Provolone melts and/or Jalapenos are added to the curds, yes please.

This is the TRUE AGS Meltdown. Melted Cheese FTW!

Outsider1
November 19th, 2018, 11:06 PM
I like where this thread is going. Provolone Cheese and Cheese Curds are my crack. Oh and when Provolone melts and/or Jalapenos are added to the curds, yes please.

This is the TRUE AGS Meltdown. Melted Cheese FTW!

+ 100%

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2018, 11:08 PM
Provolone or Pimento.

Melty Pimento is indescribably good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2018, 12:03 AM
Mmm...warm squeaky cheese curds. That's the good stuff.

gofurman
November 20th, 2018, 12:06 AM
. Lot of people hate more football

Agree Thumper. Why would we want LESS FOOTBALL? . That's ridiculous. Kind of elitist too

more football !

i am a Furman guy and might be headed to Wofford v Elon this weekend. Elon wouldn't be in if it were only 8 or 16. Cmon. Point is I will go to two non-seeded teams regardless who it is if they are close

Its fun. More football please

kalm
November 20th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Provolone or Pimento.

Melty Pimento is indescribably good.

Provolone? Pimento? Jesus you guys need to get out more...

https://www.cheese.com/media/img/cheese/Beechers_Flagship.jpg

https://blueberriesandbasil.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/img_3422.jpg

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Squeaky or fried?
Squeaky. Best road trip snack in the world.

Dewey

I am so disappointed in you Dewey. Minnesota cheese curds, pffft. Those curds aren’t able to hold the jock strap of a decent sconnie curd, let alone be in the conversation with the good ones.

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2018, 06:53 AM
Agree Thumper. Why would we want LESS FOOTBALL? . That's ridiculous. Kind of elitist too

more football !

i am a Furman guy and might be headed to Wofford v Elon this weekend. Elon wouldn't be in if it were only 8 or 16. Cmon. Point is I will go to two non-seeded teams regardless who it is if they are close

Its fun. More football please

I know I like it. Love the matchups this year even if I’m not impressed by the committee, lots of games we don’t ever see.

Bison56
November 20th, 2018, 06:57 AM
I know I like it. Love the matchups this year even if I’m not impressed by the committee, lots of games we don’t ever see.

Exactly

POD Knows
November 20th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Squeaky. Best road trip snack in the world.

I am so disappointed in you Dewey. Minnesota cheese curds, pffft. Those curds aren’t able to hold the jock strap of a decent sconnie curd, let alone be in the conversation with the good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGetting some Sconnie curds on my next trip to Wisconsin in a couple weeks. Buy a bag, throw them up on the dash of the pickup with the defrosters running, get them warm, hit a 5 star gas station bratwurst place, heaven on Earth.

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Getting some Sconnie curds on my next trip to Wisconsin in a couple weeks. Buy a bag, throw them up on the dash of the pickup with the defrosters running, get them warm, hit a 5 star gas station bratwurst place, heaven on Earth.

YES. With some beef sticks.

Derby City Duke
November 20th, 2018, 08:13 AM

We were up 65-0 with over 3 to go in the 3rd that night -- an 87+ point pace. I felt sorry for the kids; Keeler, not so much.

Outsider1
November 20th, 2018, 08:23 AM
I apologize for being late putting in my own order, although not as bold as blue cheese; I think I will have some fresh spicy Pepper Jack quail/bacon jalapeno poppers, homemade jalapeno sausage and a big 'ol sweet tea....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29538&stc=1

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Here's how you can make it a 16 team field:

Turn your ****ing TV off until December 1

FCSfan
November 20th, 2018, 08:49 AM
My humble take on the playoff selections is if you didn't make a 24 team field then you're not capable to play for a national title so win more games or shut up....and go practice while eating your deserved cheese

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Provolone? Pimento? Jesus you guys need to get out more...

https://www.cheese.com/media/img/cheese/Beechers_Flagship.jpg

https://blueberriesandbasil.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/img_3422.jpgPimento is better than anything your left coast elitism can push

uni88
November 20th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Getting some Sconnie curds on my next trip to Wisconsin in a couple weeks. Buy a bag, throw them up on the dash of the pickup with the defrosters running, get them warm, hit a 5 star gas station bratwurst place, heaven on Earth.

If you're ever near Lake Geneva, stop by Lake Geneva Meats and pick up a portabella mushroom & swiss brat. I don't like mushrooms or swiss cheese but that brat is the absolute bomb.

Kalm, Beechers (and Tillamook) make some good cheese but Thumpers right, sconnie curds are the best!

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2018, 01:52 PM
If you're ever near Lake Geneva, stop by Lake Geneva Meats and pick up a portabella mushroom & swiss brat. I don't like mushrooms or swiss cheese but that brat is the absolute bomb.

Kalm, Beechers (and Tillamook) make some good cheese but Thumpers right, sconnie curds are the best!

Lake Geneva Meats is that across from Thumbs Up?

AggieFinn
November 20th, 2018, 02:15 PM
i'm an old fashioned dude from NW Oregon.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29544&stc=1

uni88
November 20th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Lake Geneva Meats is that across from Thumbs Up?

No LG Meats is east of town on Hwy 50 (past Hwy 12 and Grand Geneva).

https://www.lakegenevacountrymeats.com/

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Here's how you can make it a 16 team field:

Turn your ****ing TV off until December 1

xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
November 20th, 2018, 05:22 PM
I need cheese curds now. Thumper your pops owes me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 20th, 2018, 05:36 PM

Kalm, Beechers (and Tillamook) make some good cheese but Thumpers right, sconnie curds are the best!I have been there, my company did meetings all the time at Lake Geneva. We used to reserve the old Playboy Joint there. I think I know exactly where this place is but these little cheese and brat places area all over hell in Wisconsin. I took the cut across one time from Lake Geneva to Madison and I stopped in at this cheese and sausage place and got some take out, it was unreal and to this day I can't remember where it is.

uni88
November 20th, 2018, 06:03 PM
I have been there, my company did meetings all the time at Lake Geneva. We used to reserve the old Playboy Joint there. I think I know exactly where this place is but these little cheese and brat places area all over hell in Wisconsin. I took the cut across one time from Lake Geneva to Madison and I stopped in at this cheese and sausage place and got some take out, it was unreal and to this day I can't remember where it is.

Between Lake Geneva and Madison ...

Did you take Hwy 50 to I-43 and then Rt 14 to Janesville and I-90? If yes, it might be Sorg's -
https://www.sorgsmeats.com/

I'd have to think about the possibilities if you took Rt 12 through/around Whitewater. Randy's Fun Hunters Brewery (now 841 Brewhouse) in Whitewater used to have some of the best fried curds.

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2018, 06:07 PM
No LG Meats is east of town on Hwy 50 (past Hwy 12 and Grand Geneva).

https://www.lakegenevacountrymeats.com/

I went to LG for a weekend and stayed a year. A friend of mine used to own Thumbs Up.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Between Lake Geneva and Madison ...

Did you take Hwy 50 to I-43 and then Rt 14 to Janesville and I-90? If yes, it might be Sorg's -
https://www.sorgsmeats.com/

I'd have to think about the possibilities if you took Rt 12 through/around Whitewater. Randy's Fun Hunters Brewery (now 841 Brewhouse) in Whitewater used to have some of the best fried curds.I have absolutely been to Sorgs, I have taken back roads out of Lake Geneva over to 14 and up and I have been this place multiple times. I usually get stuff to take home, this place is pretty good.

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2018, 06:20 PM
I have absolutely been to Sorgs, I have taken back roads out of Lake Geneva over to 14 and up and I have been this place multiple times. I usually get stuff to take home, this place is pretty good.

You ever get to Waukesha?

veinup
November 20th, 2018, 09:16 PM
kalm has posted some fine cheeses in this thread

POD Knows
November 20th, 2018, 09:50 PM
You ever get to Waukesha?Yea, that is a west suburb of Milwaukee, I will be driving right through it the week of 12-3.

gofurman
November 20th, 2018, 09:56 PM
Exactly

Yep. MORE FOOTBALL. Keep it 24.

And cheese straws are the bomb. Cheese straws. And the Brat Stop in Wisconsin

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Yea, that is a west suburb of Milwaukee, I will be driving right through it the week of 12-3.

Jimmys Grotto---Double Italian sausage with peppers and sauce. You can thank me latter.

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2018, 11:09 PM
I need cheese curds now. Thumper your pops owes me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I will pass on the message xlolx

POD Knows
November 21st, 2018, 08:22 AM
Jimmys Grotto---Double Italian sausage with peppers and sauce. You can thank me latter.Dude, I am going to hit on Tuesday on my way in and maybe Friday on my way out. I know exactly where this is.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2018, 10:16 AM

I like football but when we start having to fill the field with 6-5 teams it's too many. Why should mediocrity be rewarded? Let the 6 win teams go find another ****ing bowl game. :D

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2018, 10:40 AM
I like football but when we start having to fill the field with 6-5 teams it's too many. Why should mediocrity be rewarded? Let the 6 win teams go find another ****ing bowl game. :D

Why does it bother you so much. It adds an extra round for teams that mostly would be boarderline with a 16 team field and gives the seeds a bye so I don’t understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth over it. So a 6-5 team got in, big whoop.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2018, 10:42 AM
Why does it bother you so much. It adds an extra round for teams that mostly would be boarderline with a 16 team field and gives the seeds a bye so I don’t understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth over it. So a 6-5 team got in, big whoop.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe hate "the average" being rewarded. It is an NDSU thing, you wouldn't understand.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2018, 11:21 AM

I'm not "wailing or gnashing my teeth" over it just expressing my opinion like you. IMO it's just too many especially when you factor in how many teams opt out of the PO's anyway. Putting a 5-7 Lehigh team in last year was my straw breaker. Get rid of the autos and seed 16 teams.

Bisonoline
November 21st, 2018, 11:45 AM

The premise for the playoffs is to have THE BEST teams play each other until a champion is found. Its not a T-Ball league where participation is the goal.

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 11:47 AM

It also keeps all the conferences interested, ivy, meac, swac notwithstanding

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2018, 02:31 PM
We hate "the average" being rewarded. It is an NDSU thing, you wouldn't understand.

well the FCS is average this year minus the outlier, maybe we should cancel the playoffs as the Bison have already been crowned the Champs

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 02:33 PM
well the FCS is average this year minus the outlier, maybe we should cancel the playoffs as the Bison have already been crowned the Champs
Sounds good. Don’t know why Delaware even is going to Harrisonburg as everybody knows that games already decided.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2018, 02:34 PM
The premise for the playoffs is to have THE BEST teams play each other until a champion is found. Its not a T-Ball league where participation is the goal.

Ok then let’s do the BCS thing or 4 teams max. There’s no way there’s 16 legit title contenders pretty much ever so why have more than 4-6 teams in?

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2018, 02:36 PM
It also keeps all the conferences interested, ivy, meac, swac notwithstanding

Yeah, it’s pretty awful having 20-30 games have meaning at the end of the year for bubble teams and seeding too xlolx. What a drag. We need to trim that down like the FBS.

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 02:37 PM
Ok then let’s do the BCS thing or 4 teams max. There’s no way there’s 16 legit title contenders pretty much ever so why have more than 4-6 teams in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalktwo years ago an unseeded team made it to the natty.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2018, 02:39 PM
two years ago an unseeded team made it to the natty.

Not possible. I don’t believe you. Completely impossible with this many teams in. Outrageous. Utter blasphemy I tell you. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
November 21st, 2018, 02:56 PM

I dont know. I wasnt aguing that point.

I will say that I think in most years there are more than 4 teams who could vie for the title.

Bisonoline
November 21st, 2018, 02:57 PM
two years ago an unseeded team made it to the natty.

And they got seal clubbed.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2018, 02:59 PM
Sounds good. Don’t know why Delaware even is going to Harrisonburg as everybody knows that games already decided.

not the only thing that is already decided

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 03:04 PM
And they got seal clubbed.
No way....ysu outgained jmu, had 8 more 1st downs. They had two turnovers to none for jmu. 28-14 is not seal clubbed...more like a light spanking.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2018, 03:14 PM
I dont know. I wasnt aguing that point.

I will say that I think in most years there are more than 4 teams who could vie for the title.

That’s the issue I have with the whole “we have too many teams” thing. It’s been said over and over forever even when it was a 16 team playoff so I’m not sure what people want?

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2018, 04:18 PM
That’s the issue I have with the whole “we have too many teams” thing. It’s been said over and over forever even when it was a 16 team playoff so I’m not sure what people want?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTo finally just call it the MVFC Invitational (with a few fodder teams). xlolx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk