PDA

View Full Version : No FBS Transfers?

cosmo here
April 4th, 2007, 10:00 AM
which schools do not have any FBS transfers on their teams?

scanning the online Patriot League rosters, Fordham, Holy Cross and Lafayette do not

for the other schools this is what I came up with, it may or may not be correct . .

Lehigh 2 - Lawler (Wake Forest), Pastore (Kent State), Bucknell 1 - Lair (Navy), Colgate 1 - Meyers (Tulane), Georgetown 1 - Cangelosi (North Carolina)

Fordham
April 4th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Although he's not listed on the roster yet since it just hasn't been updated, we have a Big 10 (Indiana) transfer on our Dline - Brian Tracz. He practiced with us this past year and reportedly tore it up (at least against our first team OL). Hope that this is true but we'll see.

leatherneck177
April 4th, 2007, 10:36 AM
This can be difficult to track, because some schools choose to list the high school the player attended even if they transfered from a FBS school.

I know that Western does it this way, so you can really only pick up on transfers by reading their bios.

BestOfBreed
April 4th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Wofford doesn't have any FBS transfers. The only transfer on the roster is from D2 (Presbyterian College).

Appstate29
April 4th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I think ASU has no FBS transfers for this season. Chase Laws transferred from West Point, hes the third? string quarterback and an absolute beast on special teams.

spelunker64
April 4th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty sure NDSU doesn't either. I suppose no playoff chances hurt that...

PapaBear
April 4th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Maine has one FBS transfer on the entire roster -- Jhamal Fluellen from Syracuse.

None incoming, that I know of.

PapaBear
April 4th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Maine has one FBS transfer on the entire roster -- Jhamal Fluellen from Syracuse.

None incoming, that I know of.

CharlestonAppFan
April 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I think ASU has no FBS transfers for this season. Chase Laws transferred from West Point, hes the third? string quarterback and an absolute beast on special teams.

You are correct...he's my dad's neighbor's first cousin xlolx
He wanted to play football at a top quality Div I program.

Mr. C
April 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM
App State doesn't have any NEW FBS transfers, but the Mountaineers have LB/special teams performer Chase Laws from Army, kicker/punter Julian Rauch from East Carolina, and DB Marques Melvin from West Virginia.

Peems
April 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM
App State doesn't have any NEW FBS transfers, but the Mountaineers have LB/special teams performer Chase Laws from Army, kicker/punter Julian Rauch from East Carolina, and DB Marques Melvin from West Virginia.

The Griz don't have any new FBS transfers unless you count Quinn, who was part of the team last year but didn't play and just got a schollie this year.

andy7171
April 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM
How can you figure out who tranferred in? I mean I can scan the media guide from last season, but that won't tell me who has transferred in for next season.

Do you guys just hawk every bit of news about your schools?

Peems
April 4th, 2007, 12:26 PM
How can you figure out who tranferred in? I mean I can scan the media guide from last season, but that won't tell me who has transferred in for next season.

Do you guys just hawk every bit of news about your schools?

Well this year the Griz had a very small allotment of scholarships, and I know that none of them went to FBS guys, except the Quinn situation which i explained above.

DTSpider
April 4th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Richmond doesn't have any on the roster and none incoming that I'm aware of.

youwouldno
April 4th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Furman has none, unless you count guys that walked on at an FBS and then walked on at Furman, of which there are two for some reason (a FS who left Clemson and a SS from Florida), presumably academic.

Ken_Z
April 4th, 2007, 12:57 PM

scanning the online Patriot League rosters, Bucknell, Fordham, Holy Cross and Lafayette do not

Andrew Lair transferred to Bucknell from Navy, although he left Navy before ever playing there.

DTSpider
April 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM

scanning the online Patriot League rosters, Bucknell, Fordham, Holy Cross and Lafayette do not

for the other schools this is what I came up with, it may or may not be correct . .

Lehigh 3 - Lawler (Wake Forest), McGowan (Richmond), Pastore (Kent State), Colgate 1 - Meyers (Tulane), Georgetown 1 - Cangelosi (North Carolina)

Richmond is still FCS :)

cosmo here
April 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Richmond is still FCS :)

Good point, I was noting transfers in my mind and just blanked :)

catbob
April 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Cats didn't sign any FBS players this year, but have several on the roster.

Jack Rolovich (Hawaii) QB
Michael Beach (Arizona) CB
Reyshawn Bobo (Washington State) DE
Jeff Brown (UNLV) S

danefan
April 4th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Albany doesn't have any FBS transfers noted on their roster. They usually have one or two, but not this year.

Cocky
April 4th, 2007, 07:15 PM
We have 2 returning but we will have some more come fall.

DFW HOYA
April 4th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Georgetown has not traditionally brought in transfers in many of its team sports--Patrick Ewing Jr. was the first Div. I transfer into to the basketball team since the fall of 1969.

There was a I-A transfer from New Mexico two years ago on the August roster but he didn't make the team or somehow didn't enroll, which was a little odd.

GGASU
April 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Mr. C ......I heard rumors of a DL lineman transfer from LSU, have you heard anything about that?

appfan2008
April 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Georgetown has not traditionally brought in transfers in many of its team sports--Patrick Ewing Jr. was the first Div. I transfer into to the basketball team since the fall of 1969.

There was a I-A transfer from New Mexico two years ago on the August roster but he didn't make the team or somehow didn't enroll, which was a little odd.
slightly special case!

Lionsrking
April 4th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Mr. C ......I heard rumors of a DL lineman transfer from LSU, have you heard anything about that?

The only D-Lineman transferring from LSU that I'm aware of is Tim Washington and conventional wisdom had him getting closer to home which is the Houston area.