10/13 Alcorn State (Homecoming)
10/20 @ Mississippi Valley State
10/27 @ Grambling
11/3 Southern
11/10 OPEN
11/17 Arkansas-Pine Bluff
11/24 @ Houston

http://www.msbn.tv/tsuvision/displayPage.aspx?id=659

Well............................Gonna be a lot of no-show's for work in Jacktown on Thursday and FRIDAY.xnodx
Me Included. xlolx

Look's like #34 out of the last 37 games for us. xlolx
Sorry Texas Southern.xsmiley_wix
We treat you like Family but this is football. xlolx

BTW: Didn't know ya'll had scheduled Houston for this year.xthumbsupx

Za-KEE-uS
April 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Never liked the idea of the first game of the season being a conference game.xsmhx

3rd Coast Tiger
April 3rd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Never liked the idea of the first game of the season being a conference game.xsmhx

It's been proven to be beneficial for both institutions for the past two decades.

3rd Coast Tiger
April 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Well............................Gonna be a lot of no-show's for work in Jacktown on Thursday and FRIDAY.xnodx
Me Included. xlolx

Look's like #34 out of the last 37 games for us. xlolx
Sorry Texas Southern.xsmiley_wix
We treat you like Family but this is football. xlolx

BTW: Didn't know ya'll had scheduled Houston for this year.xthumbsupx

We have a whooooooole lot of holes to fill on defense.... wait a minute.... on offense too.... damn... make that special teams too. Woe is us. xsmhx

jstate83
April 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
We have a whooooooole lot of holes to fill on defense.... wait a minute.... on offense too.... damn... make that special teams too. Woe is us. xsmhx

Hey...................You know we still giddy around here.xsmiley_wix
Just waiting to see how much MORE improved we are in the tune up against Delta State.xnodx

No less than 9-2 this year.................Improve by 3 games. xnodx

MACHIAVELLI
April 3rd, 2007, 05:56 PM

Always liked the idea.

TexasTerror
April 3rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Is Texas Southern playing all their home games on campus again this year outside of the PVA&M game at Reliant Stadium?

That tough stretch of five out of six games away from home will tell us a lot about TxSo. TxSo closes out with what will be a 'bowl' game for them with the University of Houston in the 'Third Ward War'...

813Jag
April 3rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Is the Southern game going to be at Robertson Stadium?

TexasTerror
April 3rd, 2007, 08:30 PM

I'd assume it's going to take place on the campus of Texas Southern...

http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/durley.htm

Houston hosts SMU on 11/4, a Sunday game...to be televised on ESPN.

813Jag
April 3rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Guess that's something new. We haven't played them there. Should be interesting........xreadx

TexasTerror
April 3rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Guess that's something new. We haven't played them there. Should be interesting........xreadx

3rd Coast can correct me if I'm wrong, but the TxSo AD has made a huge push the last few years to play on campus...

Didn't Southern and TxSo play at Tully Stadium the last time around? Who played over there? Can't remember...

813Jag
April 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
The game was played at Robertson in 2005.

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 3rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
I really can't see TSU playing in Dulley or whatever its called. xnonono2x Where are all the Jags going to sit. :D

jstate83
April 4th, 2007, 10:14 AM

If that's their ON-Campus stadium good luck getting a seat.:D
We played there last year.....................No Problems.
Just small as heck..................First 10 RV's get in. xnodx

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM
If that's their ON-Campus stadium good luck getting a seat.:D
We played there last year.....................No Problems.
Just small as heck..................First 10 RV's get in. xnodx

Robertson, mentioned by the above poster, is the Univ of Houston's stadium where Texas Southern used to play a majority of their games before the AD wanted back on their campus...

jstate83
April 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Robertson, mentioned by the above poster, is the Univ of Houston's stadium where Texas Southern used to play a majority of their games before the AD wanted back on their campus...

xthumbsupx
That's where that game need to be played.
It was just too closed in on TxSo campus last year for us.xnodx

813Jag
April 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Well I guess that means it'll be a fight to get seats. I'm trying to go to H-town for that game.

3rd Coast Tiger
April 4th, 2007, 12:02 PM
The location for the Southern game is "to be announced" at this point (stadium negotiations are going on right now).

Our AD had NOTHING (let me repeat that.. NOTHING) to do with bringing the games back on campus.

Jag4Life
April 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Durley Field lol . I hope TSU does right by this game.

TexasTerror
April 6th, 2007, 04:54 PM
The location for the Southern game is "to be announced" at this point (stadium negotiations are going on right now).

Our AD had NOTHING (let me repeat that.. NOTHING) to do with bringing the games back on campus.

That's the way the Chronicle article at the time of the 'return' made it seem (re: AD bringing games back on campus)....I remember it having a picture of Alois on the field with a football or something along that lines accompany the article...

Which stadiums, if you can inform us (know it may not be possible), are Texas Southern taking under consideration?

Jag4Life
April 8th, 2007, 02:44 PM
hell play at Tulley Stadium and make it a night game. I HAD NO PROBLEM PLAYING PVU THERE. IT WAS JUST HOT!!!

3rd Coast Tiger
April 9th, 2007, 10:32 AM
That's the way the Chronicle article at the time of the 'return' made it seem (re: AD bringing games back on campus)....I remember it having a picture of Alois on the field with a football or something along that lines accompany the article...

Which stadiums, if you can inform us (know it may not be possible), are Texas Southern taking under consideration?

Terror, never believe everything you read in a newspaper, magazine, internet or even at the toilet at a rest stop.

MplsBison
April 9th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Does this mean that TSU has averaged 57 scholarships over the last 3 seasons?

Otherwise, Houston and UTEP won't be able to count the win towards their bowl eligibility.

TexasTerror
April 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM

Otherwise, Houston and UTEP won't be able to count the win towards their bowl eligibility.

If I am not mistaken, Texas Southern counts as a 'counter' considering they've had several FBS opponents (see UTEP and New Mexico State) the last few years. Not sure how they'd of been able to secure these games if they were not...

3rd Coast Tiger
April 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Yes, we've played UTEP already as well as New Mexico State.