PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State Owls

Vandal03
November 4th, 2018, 09:21 AM
How good are the KSU Owls? They are ranked high, won 8 straight, and have a week schedule. Are they a title contender in a weak conference or has their schedule made them look better than they are?

kdinva
November 4th, 2018, 09:25 AM
They will be tested some (more so than their previous 4 games....still can't believe they lost to Ga. State..); @ Monmouth, vs. Jax. State....Owls should win both, but I for one won't be shocked if those two games (mainly the JSU game) are decided by 14-17 points....

MR. CHICKEN
November 4th, 2018, 10:08 AM
How good are the KSU Owls? They are ranked high, won 8 straight, and have a week schedule. Are they a title contender in a weak conference or has their schedule made them look better than they are?

..............YEAH 91 [email protected] ETS SUCKER SMACKED........IN EVERAH THREAD..........AWK!

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 10:09 AM
They will be tested some (more so than their previous 4 games....still can't believe they lost to Ga. State..); @ Monmouth, vs. Jax. State....Owls should win both, but I for one won't be shocked if those two games (mainly the JSU game) are decided by 14-17 points....

I think this years KSU game will look a lot like last year. Our offense will be totally irrelevant but our defense won't make it easy for Kennesaw.

KSU will win 20-something to 3 or so.

katss07
November 4th, 2018, 10:12 AM
My take on Kennesaw is they are a good team but not a Top 5 team. The Owls have a good offense and one of the best quarterbacks in the FCS. Chandler Burks is a Payton Award quality qb IMHO. They have a stout defense by all accounts. That said, they have a weak schedule. Outside of Monmouth, who is pretty good but shouldn’t make the playoffs and JSU, who is having a down year, they’ve scheduled nobody! The Samford win is the only win of any quality right now, but the Bulldogs were not playing good football when the two played.

The Owls reached the quarterfinals last year, but had one of the easier paths. They looked good against Samford but got lucky JSU didn’t have an offense. They couldn’t put up enough points on the poor Sam Houston defense to advance further. I think the quarterfinals are their ceiling this year. They’ll draw a SoCon team in the second round but once they play another seed, the Owls are toast.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2018, 10:15 AM
I've been giving Kennesaw St the benefit of the doubt for a long time, probably too long, in my poll ballot since they've been wiping the field with the inferior teams they've been playing. They need to beat these last two teams they play convincingly if they're going to vindicate my position on them to this point this year. If not, I'm going to be dropping them.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 10:19 AM
My take on Kennesaw is they are a good team but not a Top 5 team. The Owls have a good offense and one of the best quarterbacks in the FCS. Chandler Burks is a Payton Award quality qb IMHO. They have a stout defense by all accounts. That said, they have a weak schedule. Outside of Monmouth, who is pretty good but shouldn’t make the playoffs and JSU, who is having a down year, they’ve scheduled nobody! The Samford win is the only win of any quality right now, but the Bulldogs were not playing good football when the two played.

The Owls reached the quarterfinals last year, but had one of the easier paths. They looked good against Samford but got lucky JSU didn’t have an offense. They couldn’t put up enough points on the poor Sam Houston defense to advance further. I think the quarterfinals are their ceiling this year. They’ll draw a SoCon team in the second round but once they play another seed, the Owls are toast.

Reminds me of Sam Houston teams of years past.

katss07
November 4th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Yes, almost eerily similar. Good quarterback and O, good coach but weak conference. SHSU hasn’t had a defense like Kennesaw’s since the 11/12 runs though. That’ll help KSU hang around.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Yes, almost eerily similar. Good quarterback and O, good coach but weak conference. SHSU hasn’t had a defense like Kennesaw’s since the 11/12 runs though. That’ll help KSU hang around.

I think KSU will get to the quarterfinals again. They'll beat us, get a seed, bounce us in round 2 and lose to probably JMU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2018, 10:32 AM

Similar to the 10-1 Lehigh team that was left out. Highly ranked all year, pedigree from the previous two seasons but was left out due to a weak schedule (that wasn't THAT weak).

WestCoastAggie
November 4th, 2018, 10:32 AM
JSU will beat Kennesaw State.

katss07
November 4th, 2018, 10:37 AM
JSU isn’t beating Kennesaw. JSUSoutherner and other ‘cock fans will probably be the first to tell you that. But Kennesaw isn’t as good as polls think. They should be a 7 seed. Right next to Colgate.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 10:37 AM
JSU will beat Kennesaw State.

You're insane.

WestCoastAggie
November 4th, 2018, 10:38 AM
You're insane.

As crazy as this season has been, you can't tell me that this is out of the realm of possibilities.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 10:42 AM
As crazy as this season has been, you can't tell me that this is out of the realm of possibilities.

Not a doubt in my mind.

Reign of Terrier
November 4th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Kennesaw state is good but not a title contender. They are top 10, maybe.

But their schedule is paper mache. They have a good win against Samford (a feat my terriers haven't accomplished in like 5 years) but thats it.

I think they would be in the mass of humanity at the top of the socon. How good that is remains to be seen.

I think if they play a MVFC, southern, or CAA team they will be tested more than than they have taken thus far. Running the option is a slight advantage in the playoffs, especially when you're playing teams outside of the aforementioned conferences (Wofford is undefeated against those other conferences). But the MVFC/average southern defense has the ability to shut down the owls, while the CAA and select Big Sky teams have the offense to match them blow for blow.

Bottom line: they are a good team, but definitely not head and shoulders above the playoff blue bloods. Would love to see a rematch with Samford.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 10:52 AM

But their schedule is paper mache. They have a good win against Samford (a feat my terriers haven't accomplished in like 5 years) but thats it.

I think they would be in the mass of humanity at the top of the socon. How good that is remains to be seen.

I think if they play a MVFC, southern, or CAA team they will be tested more than than they have taken thus far. Running the option is a slight advantage in the playoffs, especially when you're playing teams outside of the aforementioned conferences (Wofford is undefeated against those other conferences). But the MVFC/average southern defense has the ability to shut down the owls, while the CAA and select Big Sky teams have the offense to match them blow for blow.

Bottom line: they are a good team, but definitely not head and shoulders above the playoff blue bloods. Would love to see a rematch with Samford.

By playoff blue bloods to mean NDSU?

I think KSU is capable of beating anyone in the field except the Bison.

WileECoyote06
November 4th, 2018, 10:59 AM

I think JSU will defeat KSU as well.

Cocky

Not out of the realms of possibilities but highly unlikely.
If we had an OL and we were hitting on all cylinders, JSU could beat anyone. We dont have an OL and havent hit on all cylinders in quite awhile, so we should lose.

TheKingpin28
Similar to the 10-1 Lehigh team that was left out. Highly ranked all year, pedigree from the previous two seasons but was left out due to a weak schedule (that wasn't THAT weak).

The opponents that year were 42-64 (39.6%) in games that Lehigh won. You can't blame the committee for leaving them out when your opponents are not winning 40% of their games.

Excluding the AQs, this was the field: Montana St (10-1), ODU (10-1), Cal Poly (9-2), Stony Brook (9-2), App St (8-3), ISUr (8-3) New Hampshire (8-3), SDSU (8-3), SHSU (8-3) Wofford (8-3). When looking at this field, there were no 7-4s so we eliminate that one immediately. The biggest issue with a 10-1 Lehigh is that they came from a non Big 5 conference (Big Sky, CAA, MVFC, SoCon, Southland) that season. There were no marquee wins on that season. The OOC collective record was 21-30 (42%) and only one team had a winning record and that was Liberty at 6-5. If we are being objective, every team in the field, except SHSU had a T25 in the regular season. So if we compare the opponents records that year in which SHSU won, they were 30-59 (33.7%).

So if we look at that they were close to losing opponents records. The biggest difference as to why I see SHSU got in over Lehigh, is the 2011 championship run, returning a vast amount of the starters, and the ability to buy a home game, something that Lehigh did not do in the previous 2 seasons when they had the chance. At the end of the day, this is all about $$$ and they believed that they could mask the schedule as a push, while also knowing SHSU will spend more for a game than Lehigh which was probably the deciding factor.

Cocky
November 4th, 2018, 11:00 AM

KSU would be undefeated in the SOCON this year. Not a team with the same talent or coaching.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 11:02 AM
I think JSU will defeat KSU as well.
You're insane as well.

Reign of Terrier
November 4th, 2018, 11:39 AM
KSU would be undefeated in the SOCON this year. Not a team with the same talent or coaching.No.

Everyone ****s on the socon because we don't have that one team like NDSU or JMU or EWU who has a good chance of making it to the semis every year, but the conference is top to bottom pretty strong. The last 2 years, Wofford thought it was the next elite team, but we aren't. Not yet at least (#FireWadeLang)

Literally any of the top 7, maybe even 8, teams would win the Big South and finish no less than 8-3 with Kennesaw's schedule.

The Big South is really really bad this year. There's nothing impressive about pulverizing Gardner Webb, PC, or Campbell and I imagine Monmouth either. Gardner Webb is so bad, Western Carolina (8th place) held them to 10 points. And they pile drove Campbell and PC. Let alone Clark Atlanta, Alabama State. Get out of here.

There's nothing that says to me Kennesaw would win the socon easily. That's a throw away line everyone says about the socon by people who don't even watch it to say is good. But 2/3 of the socon (6 teams)will have made the playoffs in the last 4 years. 4 have won games, and it's possible that number gets up to 6. The only conferences comparable are the CAA (6, but more could come) and MVFC(7).

Big south, Southland, OVC, they can't say that. Heck, the Big Sky can't even say that. All of the socon teams that have made the playoffs have been pretty competitive with the aforementioned top tier teams. Samford is the one that fails to meet expectations, but this year may be different. Looking back, they probably didn't deserve a playoff spot in 2016 (which is why they failed), 2017 against KSU was the par the course.

So yeah, socon lacks a heavy hitter. I thought Wofford could be that, but I'm no longer that delusional. We'll make the playoffs, maybe win a game, and exit in the quarterfinals if we are lucky. I'd love to be wrong, but that's the safe bet. Still, the socon is easily much better than what people say it is. I can understand why the MVFC or CAA may turn their nose up at us (I think socon has a winning streak against the CAA in the playoffs FWIW), but if you play in a garbage one-bid conference, your negative assessment of how good the socon is is probably wrong.

katss07
November 4th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Kennesaw wouldn’t win the SoCon or Southland. Too many teams that can beat you week in week out. Can’t say that about the Big South this year. Only real competition is Monmouth who isn’t great ethier.

semobison
November 4th, 2018, 12:04 PM
No.

Everyone ****s on the socon because we don't have that one team like NDSU or JMU or EWU who has a good chance of making it to the semis every year, but the conference is top to bottom pretty strong. The last 2 years, Wofford thought it was the next elite team, but we aren't. Not yet at least (#FireWadeLang)

Literally any of the top 7, maybe even 8, teams would win the Big South and finish no less than 8-3 with Kennesaw's schedule.

The Big South is really really bad this year. There's nothing impressive about pulverizing Gardner Webb, PC, or Campbell and I imagine Monmouth either. Gardner Webb is so bad, Western Carolina (8th place) held them to 10 points. And they pile drove Campbell and PC. Let alone Clark Atlanta, Alabama State. Get out of here.

There's nothing that says to me Kennesaw would win the socon easily. That's a throw away line everyone says about the socon by people who don't even watch it to say is good. But 2/3 of the socon (6 teams)will have made the playoffs in the last 4 years. 4 have won games, and it's possible that number gets up to 6. The only conferences comparable are the CAA (6, but more could come) and MVFC(7).

Big south, Southland, OVC, they can't say that. Heck, the Big Sky can't even say that. All of the socon teams that have made the playoffs have been pretty competitive with the aforementioned top tier teams. Samford is the one that fails to meet expectations, but this year may be different. Looking back, they probably didn't deserve a playoff spot in 2016 (which is why they failed), 2017 against KSU was the par the course.

So yeah, socon lacks a heavy hitter. I thought Wofford could be that, but I'm no longer that delusional. We'll make the playoffs, maybe win a game, and exit in the quarterfinals if we are lucky. I'd love to be wrong, but that's the safe bet. Still, the socon is easily much better than what people say it is. I can understand why the MVFC or CAA may turn their nose up at us (I think socon has a winning streak against the CAA in the playoffs FWIW), but if you play in a garbage one-bid conference, your negative assessment of how good the socon is is probably wrong.

No people **** on the SoCon because they havnt done **** in the playoffs recently. The last team to make the semi's was Georgia Southern in 2012 and I don't see anyone in the SoCon getting that far this year either.
By FCS standards your conference is in the 2nd tier and competitive but well behind the CAA and the Valley.
I agree though, there really is no proof that Kennesaw would easily win the SoCon...yet.

cx500d
November 4th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Kennesaw wouldn’t win the SoCon or Southland. Too many teams that can beat you week in week out. Can’t say that about the Big South this year. Only real competition is Monmouth who isn’t great ethier.

Kennesaw is like SHSU a few years ago....Nobody really knows how good they are because of who they play.

katss07
November 4th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Kennesaw is like SHSU a few years ago....Nobody really knows how good they are because of who they play.
Yes, that was brought up earlier in the thread. Quality team in bad conference. Good QB and good coaching but you can’t tell if they are legit. KSU has a good defense though, something SHSU hasn’t been able to say for a few years now.

katss07
November 4th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Yes, that was brought up earlier in the thread. Quality team in bad conference. Good QB and good coaching but you can’t tell if they are legit. KSU has a good defense though, something SHSU hasn’t been able to say for a few years now.

Reign of Terrier
November 4th, 2018, 12:25 PM
No people **** on the SoCon because they havnt done **** in the playoffs recently. The last team to make the semi's was Georgia Southern in 2012 and I don't see anyone in the SoCon getting that far this year either.
By FCS standards your conference is in the 2nd tier and competitive but well behind the CAA and the Valley.
I agree though, there really is no proof that Kennesaw would easily win the SoCon...yet.

If we're second tier, than the only top tier is the CAA/MVFC, because we're measurably better than all the other conferences.

If we're going to define "doing ****" as getting to the semifinals than no conference has done **** but the CAA and MVFC. The only teams outside of those conferences since 2013 are Jacksonville State (once), Sam Houston State (3 times), and EWU (twice).

So of the last 20 semifinalists, 5 of them have been NDSU, 6 of them have been the aforementioned teams, and the other 9 have been the CAA/MVFC.

It's not the OVC; it's Jacksonville State. OVC hasn't beaten a non-OVC, full scholarship team in the playoffs in like 20 years. It's not the Big Sky; it's Eastern Washington. As far as I can tell Weber was the first team not named EWU to make it to the quarterfinals from that conference since Montana 2012. It's not the Southland; it's Sam Houston. Everyone else struggles to win a game

semobison
November 4th, 2018, 12:45 PM
If we're second tier, than the only top tier is the CAA/MVFC, because we're measurably better than all the other conferences.

If we're going to define "doing ****" as getting to the semifinals than no conference has done **** but the CAA and MVFC. The only teams outside of those conferences since 2013 are Jacksonville State (once), Sam Houston State (3 times), and EWU (twice).

So of the last 20 semifinalists, 5 of them have been NDSU, 6 of them have been the aforementioned teams, and the other 9 have been the CAA/MVFC.

It's not the OVC; it's Jacksonville State. OVC hasn't beaten a non-OVC, full scholarship team in the playoffs in like 20 years. It's not the Big Sky; it's Eastern Washington. As far as I can tell Weber was the first team not named EWU to make it to the quarterfinals from that conference since Montana 2012. It's not the Southland; it's Sam Houston. Everyone else struggles to win a game

Yep, The Valley and CAA have been easily the top 2 conferences in FCS in recent years. Things may be changing. The Big Sky looks like they are trending up. The SoCon and Southland are really crazy this year. If the Valley teams keep knocking each other off they may only get two teams in this year. I know you like to compare OOC preseason games, I think that playoff success is a better measure of conference strength.

ElCid
November 4th, 2018, 03:29 PM
KSU would be undefeated in the SOCON this year. Not a team with the same talent or coaching.

No, especially with 3 hard running teams already. It isn't a novelty for SOCON teams like it may be for other conferences. I would expect them to end up with one or two Ls in conf play. The Big South makes them look a bit better than they are. I still have them pretty high but that could change over their next couple games depending on how they handle Monmouth and JSU. I expect them to win both but not as dominantly as they have been.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 03:57 PM
I wasn't aware this is a SuckCon thread.

Bison56
November 4th, 2018, 03:59 PM

How can a fan from the OVC bash any conference?

ElCid
November 4th, 2018, 04:00 PM

Someone made a comment, I respondedxrotatehx Not difficult to understand.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 04:06 PM
How can a fan from the OVC bash any conference?

Because my OVC team doesn't lose to SuckCon teams.

BurialGround
November 4th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Our defense is more talented and deeper than it's ever been, and that'll keep us competitive against almost any team.

The biggest worry is that we haven't been seriously challenged in any game since week one, and there's no way to know how we'll react to adversity. Though our coaching staff has done a great job of preparing us for big games over the last four years...

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Though our coaching staff has done a great job of preparing us for big games over the last four years...

That must be nice.

jsualumnus
November 4th, 2018, 05:33 PM
That must be nice.

Yeah, wonder what that feels like.

dgtw
November 4th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Yeah, wonder what that feels like.

Getting them up for little games is the first step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
November 4th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Because my OVC team doesn't lose to SuckCon teams.2010

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 08:56 PM

If you can name two people in our entire football program that were here in 2010 I'll give you that.

Reign of Terrier
November 4th, 2018, 09:09 PM
If you can name two people in our entire football program that were here in 2010 I'll give you that.Has Jacksonville state beaten anyone in the socon that wasn't Samford or Chattanooga

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Has Jacksonville state beaten anyone in the socon that wasn't Samford or Chattanooga

Since Grass got here we're undefeated against the SoCon. But yeah those are the only two teams we've seen. Each one was a SoCon champ with the exception of UTC 2016.

clenz
November 4th, 2018, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry - if beating Monmouth somehow legitifies them then...well...quit

I saw Monmouth in the UNIDome last year. They looked like a high school team. They were small. They were slow. They were weak. They would legitimately have been winless in the MVFC - and that includes a winless Indiana State team. It gets said occasionally - and it's almost always hyperbole, but it's not in this case - UNI could have hung 100+ on them and named the score if they wanted too.

I know teams can change from year to year...but...if that's their barometer....wow.

cx500d
November 4th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Since Grass got here we're undefeated against the SoCon. But yeah those are the only two teams we've seen. Each one was a SoCon champ with the exception of UTC 2016.

Grass = Farley of the South

Reign of Terrier
November 4th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Since Grass got here we're undefeated against the SoCon. But yeah those are the only two teams we've seen. Each one was a SoCon champ with the exception of UTC 2016.Actually they were all cochamps. And they we're all between 2013-2015.

Not taking away from that achievement as Jacksonville State was pretty good in that stretch of time, accounting for more wins than the OVC has produced in the last 20 years or so.

But I fear they have regressed since then. Time will tell.

IMO the socon is tougher now because the start up programs aren't start ups anymore and Wofford/Furman are playing better ball again.

Reign of Terrier
November 4th, 2018, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry - if beating Monmouth somehow legitifies them then...well...quit

I saw Monmouth in the UNIDome last year. They looked like a high school team. They were small. They were slow. They were weak. They would legitimately have been winless in the MVFC - and that includes a winless Indiana State team. It gets said occasionally - and it's almost always hyperbole, but it's not in this case - UNI could have hung 100+ on them and named the score if they wanted too.

I know teams can change from year to year...but...if that's their barometer....wow.As I've said, Kennesaw is pretty good. Probably a top 10 team.

But

I base that on getting to the quarterfinals and by beating a top 15-20 (albeit inconsistent) quality Samford twice in that time.

Not Based on

Beating Gardner Webb (who lost by 3 scores to the 8th place Socon team), campbell (who got beat by 28 by GW), PC (also whipped by GW), or Charleston Southern (who lost to Savannah State).

Last year, I thought Monmouth deserved a spot in the playoffs because they deserved the benefit of the doubt. If Charleston Southern finished 8-3, I probably would have thought the same thing. But CSU is a shell of the team they were even 2 years ago now. Monmouth, like Campbell, has only recently tried to go full scholarship allotment. That showed against UNI. Only way Monmouth gets considered a good team is if they beat Kennesaw. If that happens, goodnight to Kennesaw's seed hopes.

The Big South is really really really really bad. Maybe not beyond repair, but about where they were before 2013. At least back then, you had both Coastal and Liberty playing at a respectable level. But now it's just Kennesaw and it's unlikely anyone will catch them any time soon.

Bison56
November 4th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Grass = Farley of the South

That's an insult to Farley

ElCid
November 4th, 2018, 10:24 PM
As I've said, Kennesaw is pretty good. Probably a top 10 team.

But

I base that on getting to the quarterfinals and by beating a top 15-20 (albeit inconsistent) quality Samford twice in that time.

Not Based on

Beating Gardner Webb (who lost by 3 scores to the 8th place Socon team), campbell (who got beat by 28 by GW), PC (also whipped by GW), or Charleston Southern (who lost to Savannah State).

Last year, I thought Monmouth deserved a spot in the playoffs because they deserved the benefit of the doubt. If Charleston Southern finished 8-3, I probably would have thought the same thing. But CSU is a shell of the team they were even 2 years ago now. Monmouth, like Campbell, has only recently tried to go full scholarship allotment. That showed against UNI. Only way Monmouth gets considered a good team is if they beat Kennesaw. If that happens, goodnight to Kennesaw's seed hopes.

The Big South is really really really really bad. Maybe not beyond repair, but about where they were before 2013. At least back then, you had both Coastal and Liberty playing at a respectable level. But now it's just Kennesaw and it's unlikely anyone will catch them any time soon.

I would keep an eye on Campbell. Definitely inconsistent right now, but I think they will get something going over the next few years. I think they got some good admin support going as well. Time will tell. Depending on what KSU does, those two may become the new perennial powers in the BS. I am pretty sure KSU wins out.

ksu_owls
November 5th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Besides the fact that 90% of the team are the exact same people, I see a lot of similarities between the 2017 and 2018 Owls.

2017 season started with a 5 point loss @ Samford in a game where we dominated offensively with 545 total yards (252 pass/293 rush) to SU's 311 total yards. We then won 12 straight games against teams including Liberty, Montana State (in the snow), Samford, and JSU.

2018 started with a 4 point loss against a weak FBS team that we pretty much controlled the entire night until the 4th quarter where we pissed away our lead.

Our defense has improved in athleticism and depth. Our offense isn't easily stopped by just putting 8 people in the box. I think we are a more complex team than the bigger tougher conferences realize. I know we are playing some real cupcakes this year but we are also destroying those teams compared to what we did to them in 2017. I know we are Top 10 and if we win out we deserve a seed. I guess the question is how high of a seed. I agree our SOS sucks, but I wouldn't think that is too rare for 4th year programs that are this far ahead of schedule.

The difference between 2017 and 2018 is this year we know what we are capable of doing. Those 18 OG's from our first season are driven and I think if we make it to the quarterfinals anything can happen the way this season is playing out across all of FCS.

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Besides the fact that 90% of the team are the exact same people, I see a lot of similarities between the 2017 and 2018 Owls.

2017 season started with a 5 point loss @ Samford in a game where we dominated offensively with 545 total yards (252 pass/293 rush) to SU's 311 total yards. We then won 12 straight games against teams including Liberty, Montana State (in the snow), Samford, and JSU.

2018 started with a 4 point loss against a weak FBS team that we pretty much controlled the entire night until the 4th quarter where we pissed away our lead.

Our defense has improved in athleticism and depth. Our offense isn't easily stopped by just putting 8 people in the box. I think we are a more complex team than the bigger tougher conferences realize. I know we are playing some real cupcakes this year but we are also destroying those teams compared to what we did to them in 2017. I know we are Top 10 and if we win out we deserve a seed. I guess the question is how high of a seed. I agree our SOS sucks, but I wouldn't think that is too rare for 4th year programs that are this far ahead of schedule.

The difference between 2017 and 2018 is this year we know what we are capable of doing. Those 18 OG's from our first season are driven and I think if we make it to the quarterfinals anything can happen the way this season is playing out across all of FCS.

I agree, and if you look at the potential teams that will make the field, the bracket that KSU will be placed in will have them favored to make the quarter or semifinal. To name some of the teams that could be in said bracket: Elon, Wofford, Samford, Furman(maybe), NC A&T, Jacksonville State.

All of these teams KSU can beat. I know I may come off as ragging on KSU for their weak SOS, but they are a good team, but like most teams in the southeast right now, it's not clear if they can win the FCS title. But they can beat all of the aforementioned teams.