PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado Starts Spring Drills today

ncbears
April 2nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
UNC Bears under second year head coach Scott Downing will start spring drills today. An article in the Greeley Trib has stated coach Downing wants to solidify the starting lineup, especially the qb position. In the mix is a Indiana University transfer. Here's the link:

http://greeleytrib.com/article/20070402/SPORTS/104020106

spelunker64
April 2nd, 2007, 11:58 AM
xthumbsupx

http://www.promotiontopia.net/promotional-images/paring-knife.jpg

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx

OB55
April 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
UNC Bears under second year head coach Scott Downing will start spring drills today. An article in the Greeley Trib has stated coach Downing wants to solidify the starting lineup, especially the qb position. In the mix is a Indiana University transfer. Here's the link:

http://greeleytrib.com/article/20070402/SPORTS/104020106
Thanks NCB, keep up the trib reports. Prospect of opening at UH is interesting to say the least.

spelunker64
April 2nd, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hopefully we'll see UNC in the Fargodome soon again. xthumbsupx

ncbears
April 2nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Hopefully we'll see UNC in the Fargodome soon again. xthumbsupx

Besides the past two years, they've been very good games. Seems like we traded victories for the past ten years and the games are always close. Hopefully again someday soon.

OB55
April 2nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Besides the past two years, they've been very good games. Seems like we traded victories for the past ten years and the games are always close. Hopefully again someday soon.
I been in a couple of those tilts in the early days of what had evolved into a great rivalry. NDSUs stadium was outside then. (dates me huh).

PSUVikings
April 2nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Good luck guys hope that year 2 will be a better one.

Pageoner
April 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
LOL@ that knife.first thing i was thinking when i saw this thread.

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Isnt it still snow season in northern colorado?

I would imagine the possiblity of a blizzard in that area still exsists

OB55
April 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Laugh it up funny boys, bears never have been down for long.xnodx xnodx :D

OB55
April 2nd, 2007, 01:01 PM

Nah, they are ok down there, as for here in NW Wyoming, snow city.

ncbears
April 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM

No snow on the ground here. It's supposed to be in the 60's here this week. Spring time in the rockies though, it changes on a dime.

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
ok

I just know i heard about the other day a major snowstorm up in wyoming and another this week in montana so i just figured i would ask

jessesd
April 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
UNC @ Big Sky

Year One = 1 stabbing + 1 Win
UNC goal for year two = Two stabbings? Maybe, win two games?

http://www.elinemerchandising.com/UC0000RB1.html

OB55
April 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
UNC @ Big Sky

That= 100% improvement.:D

CopperCat
April 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
UNC @ Big Sky

100% uncalled for. Funny how people think one player speaks for the whole team.

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
what is unc's outlook for this season?

will they be better this year???

Bobcat in NC
April 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM

I think they'll definitely be much improved. Even though there are a ton of UNC-haters running around the Big Sky (especially since the XDSUs got invited to the Gateway party), I've always been of the opinion that they'd be a force in the BSC eventually. Now, they may not be a huge force this year, but I think they'll be competitive. I'm gonna predict 4 wins.

OB55
April 3rd, 2007, 08:27 AM
I think they'll definitely be much improved. Even though there are a ton of UNC-haters running around the Big Sky (especially since the XDSUs got invited to the Gateway party), I've always been of the opinion that they'd be a force in the BSC eventually. Now, they may not be a huge force this year, but I think they'll be competitive. I'm gonna predict 4 wins.
The thing they will have going for them is the huge pool of talent to draw from along the front range. There are plenty of big programs recruiting there also, but I think the pool is more than big enough for UNC to get top quality talent.

Nationally, all Colorado schools get a ton of attention, with the perception that Colorado has a corner on the Rocky Mountains. Thank John Denver for that. We in northern Wyoming and Montana know better, but that is the perception none the less.

jessesd
April 3rd, 2007, 10:10 AM

They have to do better than last year. Seriously, it can’t get much worse that that. Of course anything over 2 wins is an improvement. Otherwise if they only win one or blank the season would cause most of us to be merciless at the end of the season!!xwhistlex

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Punters beware!

spelunker64
April 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM

We're getting a little snow here today. Mild blizzard conditions.

DaBears
April 3rd, 2007, 01:59 PM
xthumbsupx

http://www.promotiontopia.net/promotional-images/paring-knife.jpg

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx

It took me a while to figure out what you meant by this post but I finally got it. We made the Jim Rome show because of that stabbing.

As for next year's outlook--I think there is a real possibility of a winless season including a loss to D-2 Chadron State. I think our best case scenario is .500.

spelunker64
April 3rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
It took me a while to figure out what you meant by this post but I finally got it. We made the Jim Rome show because of that stabbing.

As for next year's outlook--I think there is a real possibility of a winless season including a loss to D-2 Chadron State. I think our best case scenario is .500.

So you got that goin' for ya, which is nice. xsmiley_wix

NoCoDanny
April 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
They have to do better than last year. Seriously, it can’t get much worse that that. Of course anything over 2 wins is an improvement. Otherwise if they only win one or blank the season would cause most of us to be merciless at the end of the season!!xwhistlex

So you're a Florida alum then?

Curious why you'd bother to even be on this board being a Florida alum and all...

How terrible UNC is seems like it would be small potatos for a Florida alum.

jessesd
April 3rd, 2007, 10:02 PM

Curious why you'd bother to even be on this board being a Florida alum and all...

In response to the UNC Question, Yes it does,
The other question, got my PhD at Florida, MBA at Hofstra, Undergrad at South Dakota State and USD in addition to another MIM European degree. There is my connection to the NCC and FCS, two of the schools are FCS and one is to start transition. Some of us have more than one degree and were able to attend several schools and my loyalty is split among them, although this is the year of the GATORS. CAPISH!!!!
So with those credentials....can I still make fun of UNC?

OB55
April 3rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Shytte, I think I will turn coat and be a Florida fan, and a Colts fan, and a...NAW, I'll just wait out Northern Colorado and bask in the glory, rather than buy a new jacket and hat every six months.xcoolx

NoCoDanny
April 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM

In response to the UNC Question, Yes it does,
The other question, got my PhD at Florida, MBA at Hofstra, Undergrad at South Dakota State and USD in addition to another MIM European degree. There is my connection to the NCC and FCS, two of the schools are FCS and one is to start transition. Some of us have more than one degree and were able to attend several schools and my loyalty is split among them, although this is the year of the GATORS. CAPISH!!!!
So with those credentials....can I still make fun of UNC?

I want to see those transcripts. I have trouble believing some PhD would have the time or desire to troll message boards.

AggiePride
April 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I'll be cheering for UNC to kick some BSC a$$.

jessesd
April 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I want to see those transcripts. I have trouble believing some PhD would have the time or desire to troll message boards.

Dude,
Get over it, I teach two evening classes this semester, that’s a total of 5 ½ hours a week, I have 2 hours dedicated for office hours, that adds to less than 8 hours of work, my field is globalization, a very easy class to teach, so little prep time is required.
I’m at a top 50 research university and have my personal slave (research assistant to do most of my grading and research).
So in response to your question “Of course “I have plenty of free time to play around boards while I’m running research models on the mainframe.

Not all the people with a PhD’s are geeks, some of us were actually rather good playing and following sports (some of my research papers were about the effects of organized sports as global market indicators), and believe it or not, this trolling can be considered research in my book.

So, if you want to see my CV (resume and transcripts), well, that’s a bit more like me asking a total stranger to post his Social security number and bank account info online for every one to see. So you see the dilemma of your request. xnonox

NoCoDanny
April 4th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Fair enough bro. Cheers!

spelunker64
April 4th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I'll be cheering for UNC to kick some BSC a$$.

I'll be cheering for UNC to win a game...xrolleyesx