PDA

View Full Version : W&M Spring / Update #1

Tribe4SF
April 2nd, 2007, 06:59 AM
http://tribeathletics.com/story.php/5672/

R. J. Archer has moved back to QB to compete with Jake Phillips and Mike Potts.

gotribe
April 3rd, 2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the pix. I know several players are sitting out spring ball, notable Rutter, along with some D-lineman that should be ready to go this summer (Fresh. Kyle Allison - Shoulder scoped two weeks ago; Garreth Hissong - hurt knee yesterday). They may only have 6 D-Lineman currently participating in full contact drills this spring.

Tribe4SF
April 4th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Welcome to AGS, gotribe!

I knew about Allison, and sorry to hear about Hissong. Two talented freshmen with good size for their positions. Hate to see them missing important work to get ready for the fall. The two other freshmen with promise are DE Bryan Jean-Pierre and DT Derek Toon.

gotribe
April 4th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the welcome Tribe4SF!

Allison has begun therapy and light lifting and should be 100% by August camp. As noted, the D-Line is thin for spring ball, with some hamsprings, knees, and such, but looking forward to summer camp, no doubt. They seem to be excited about Shoop.

WMTribe90
April 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Either of you know the seriousness Hissong's knee injury? Will he require surgery?

gotribe
April 5th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Don't know for sure, but I think he got his knee caught up in double team drills. The trainers may have drained some fluid from it afterwards. I'll let you know what I hear.

WMTribe90
April 5th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks GT