PDA

View Full Version : Question: How long does it take to take a press box down?

appfan2008
April 1st, 2007, 07:24 PM
well it seems to me that taking a press box down shouldnt take more than 2 days... day 1 line up the explosives... day 2 blow the damn thing up... since this is my opinion and i am sure many others agree...

then why have construction crews been working on taking apps press box down for 2 months and about half of it is still standing?... in the last two weeks they have taken a few pieces of concrete off and thats it!... this is getting ridiculous

April 1st, 2007, 07:26 PM
I understand that there are some asbestos problems etc. that require more painstakingly slow work.

GeauxColonels
April 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
Also, I'm not sure they could use explosives since they are not demolishing the entire stadium structure. While it may not be physically attached, it is probably too close.

appfan2008
April 1st, 2007, 07:39 PM
Just wish things could get going a little quicker but that comes from someone seeing it everyday so process doesnt look as good when you see it everyday as i do...

yes they used that excuse of if they blew it up ... it may take part of the stadium with it... and i guess that wouldnt be any good!

Sir William
April 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

(One...uh, two...uh, three (crunch). Three.)

CopperCat
April 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM
How many redundant threads does it take to make an App fan happy?

The world may never know.

tarmac
April 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM
when Wake Forest blew up their similar pressbox set up they did quite a bit of damage to the surrounding stands.

Appguy
April 2nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
There like halfway done. Taking it apart piece by piece. Blowing it up would destroy the rest of the stands probably.

The Moody1
April 2nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
well it seems to me that taking a press box down shouldnt take more than 2 days... day 1 line up the explosives... day 2 blow the damn thing up... since this is my opinion and i am sure many others agree...

then why have construction crews been working on taking apps press box down for 2 months and about half of it is still standing?... in the last two weeks they have taken a few pieces of concrete off and thats it!... this is getting ridiculous

Construction for the new facility doesn't start until July, so there is no need to be in a hurry taking down the old press box.

The Moody1
April 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
How many redundant threads does it take to make an App fan happy?

The world may never know.

How many more redundant threads about App redundant threads will it take to make everyone happy. xsmiley_wix

MarkCCU
April 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
How many more redundant threads about App redundant threads will it take to make everyone happy. xsmiley_wix

That is a great question.xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 01:01 PM
As many as we want to make!