PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stitt getting props

Schism55
October 30th, 2018, 09:42 AM
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/10/30/18040534/jet-sweep-motion-play-rams-chiefs-offenses

Silenoz
October 30th, 2018, 01:16 PM
The hilarious part is we never ran it

Schism55
October 30th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Hah that occurred to me to...strange marriage in Missoula xsmiley_wix

POD Knows
October 30th, 2018, 05:14 PM
OK, any 9 man football players on here, we ran this freaking play all the time. In 9 man football you have 5 down lineman, a QB and three backs, most if the time it was a 2,3,4 back and the 4 back was the flanker. We used too run a play that was a 144 or 145 in or out which means that the flanker that was either split out to the right or left would either take an inside or outside hand off and go off tackle which was the 4 or 5 hole. The 1 in the number for was the formation and the 4 was the flanker, the 4 and 5 hole basically meant a sweep outside the tackle. We would also run this play in the shotgun which included a short forward pass to the 4 back as he came across the line of scrimmage. Everybody in 9 man back in this day ran this, if they ran this play with the QB under center, it was generally an inside handoff to the 4 back, or they were in the shotgun, it was a short toss to the 4 back. This is as old as ****.

BTW, we ran this play in 1975

grizband
October 30th, 2018, 07:03 PM
My opinion, he might be a better offensive coordinator than head coach; although, he wasn't given tons of time to work things out in Missoula.

Also interesting, I heard on egriz that both Dan Hawkins (Davis) and Jay Wright (Weber) applied for the job when Montana selected Stitt.

mvemjsunpx
October 30th, 2018, 09:34 PM

Well, they did, but not very often. I don't think Stitt ran it much his last year at Mines, either.