PDA

View Full Version : UT Martin Facility Improvements

Skyhawk
April 1st, 2007, 07:44 AM
Last year, UTM football spent about $100,000 renovating the practice field and putting a new sound system in the stadium. Field turf will be installed in the stadium in time for the 2008 season at a cost of $800,000.

Also, there is a pending student vote to raise activity fees which would generate an extra $600,000 dollars a year total for all athletics which raise operating budgets and be used for recruiting and facilities.

Martin made a commitment in 2003 to fund scholarships at a competitive level and spend money on a new locker room facility and it paid off with better results on the field. They were about 15 years behind the times, but I think they finally realize that you have invest money to put a solid product out there.

JaxSinfonian
April 1st, 2007, 08:23 AM
Bravo, Martin! I believe the Skyhawks have left the cellar and locked the door behind them. It will take some adjusting to think of UT-Martin as an annual postseason contender, but I like it. Your leadership should put on a clinic for Austin Peay. I'm afraid they may take your old place as the league doormat.

appfan2008
April 1st, 2007, 08:23 AM
good for you guys, too bad the new turf wont be in this year