PDA

View Full Version : UNH @ Villanova

Gangtackle11
October 22nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
2pm start

Villanova Homecoming Game

UNH is a dead cat looking to bounce a Nova cat that needs to win last 4 to finish 7-4.

Gangtackle11
October 22nd, 2018, 12:18 PM
Coach Ferrante on CAA call this AM sounded optimistic that our QB would be back for UNH. We are a completely different team with him offensively & gives me some small hope that we can find a win here. If not the game is a toss up as Nova has put up a total of 16 Points in 2.5 games w/o Bednarczyk. xpeacex

UNHWildcat18
October 22nd, 2018, 12:42 PM
putting my thoughts on UNH aside. I feel really bad for NOVA, Injuries has yet again hit them hard. I had them at 5-2 beating maine and SB after the towson loss, going 3-0 before the UD game.

Temple is a good football team. The nova that beat them should be in the top 3 in the CAA

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2018, 05:56 PM
The Villanova/Temple football result is one of the most inexplicable results in all of Division I (DI-A/FBS and DI-AA/FCS combined) so far during the 2018 season. Temple has picked it up since their slow start (their other two losses are against a 7-1 Buffalo team and on the road against a pretty good Boston College team; both of those games were also close losses), having won 3 straight games and 5 out of their last 6 games, including wins over teams like Maryland and Cincinnati. Meanwhile, Villanova is still winless in CAA play, losing close games to Towson (at home), Stony Brook, and Maine, and getting blown out by James Madison. Yeah, the Wildcats have had a number of injuries so far this season, but they still have been a significant disappointment up to this point in the season (albeit not as big a disappointment as New Hampshire).

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2018, 06:13 PM
Coach Ferrante on CAA call this AM sounded optimistic that our QB would be back for UNH. We are a completely different team with him offensively & gives me some small hope that we can find a win here. If not the game is a toss up as Nova has put up a total of 16 Points in 2.5 games w/o Bednarczyk. xpeacex

you called this earlier GT, Nova will be 6-4 going into Newark...... if the Hens can just be 7-3....... Massey sure likes Delaware from here on out

PAllen
October 22nd, 2018, 06:19 PM
I've heard that the UNH players have given up. Kind of sad, but they'll be back soon.

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2018, 09:23 PM
I've heard that the UNH players have given up. Kind of sad, but they'll be back soon.

They looked mentally defeated pretty early last Saturday, never saw that in a UNH team but I guess they will be known for busting up the playoff streak

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2018, 10:24 PM
The Villanova/Temple football result is one of the most inexplicable results in all of Division I (DI-A/FBS and DI-AA/FCS combined) so far during the 2018 season. Temple has picked it up since their slow start (their other two losses are against a 7-1 Buffalo team and on the road against a pretty good Boston College team; both of those games were also close losses), having won 3 straight games and 5 out of their last 6 games, including wins over teams like Maryland and Cincinnati. Meanwhile, Villanova is still winless in CAA play, losing close games to Towson (at home), Stony Brook, and Maine, and getting blown out by James Madison. Yeah, the Wildcats have had a number of injuries so far this season, but they still have been a significant disappointment up to this point in the season (albeit not as big a disappointment as New Hampshire).

It was brutal loss. Bednarczyk played out of his mind in that game. 'Nova overall played their A++ game and our offense was stuck in neutral with Nutile at QB. Plus, Wright had yet to emerge on offense. From a 'Nova aspect I'm not sure if there's a better win in FCS this year.

'Nova should win this one by 2 TDs.

Gangtackle11
October 22nd, 2018, 10:47 PM
Opening line from 5dimes:

Villanova - 11 1/2 (O/U 35)

Rain in the forecast for now.

Dukie95
October 23rd, 2018, 06:39 AM
Even though both offenses are a mess, Nova still has a playoff caliber defense.

Gangtackle11
October 23rd, 2018, 06:46 AM
you called this earlier GT, Nova will be 6-4 going into Newark...... if the Hens can just be 7-3....... Massey sure likes Delaware from here on out

It would be nice if u guys would stub your toe at least once before the final regular season game. I think that may be the only way Nova has a shot at the playoffs if they are fortunate to win out.

One game at a time. Nova is a box of chocolates right now. Not sure how they feel about their chances. This is type of season that our seniors are polishing up their resumes instead of focused on winning 4 games in a row.

Im hoping UNH has given up & the long ride down (or short flight) has them playing uninspired football. It won’t matter if 14 isn’t taking the snaps. No way we run the table w/o him. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Saturday forecast is for rain, rain, & more rain. Up to 2 inches or more. Bring your rain gear. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2018, 02:54 AM
UNH Game Notes:

https://unhwildcats.com/documents/2018/10/24/UNH_FB_notes_atVillanova.pdf?ismobile=true

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2018, 01:33 PM
BTW, for those who care Zach Bednarczyk is listed as starter in Game Notes 2-deep chart.

Thank you lord!! xpeacex

cx500d
October 25th, 2018, 08:07 PM
If UNH wins this game, they are a sure seed in the payoffs.

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2018, 08:54 PM
If UNH wins this game, they are a sure seed in the payoffs.

Freudian slip ? xpeacex

cx500d
October 25th, 2018, 09:01 PM
xsmiley_wix
Freudian slip ? xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 25th, 2018, 09:13 PM
from what I saw last week, either Delaware is #2 in the country or New Hampshire has had already had enough of this football season, unless that team went to camp give a **** retreat this week, Nova will beat them soundly

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2018, 09:47 PM
from what I saw last week, either Delaware is #2 in the country or New Hampshire has had already had enough of this football season, unless that team went to camp give a **** retreat this week, Nova will beat them soundly

Only chance is #14 in blue makes it through the majority of the game. We don’t score much if at all otherwise especially in the pending nor’easter coming our way Saturday. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 25th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Only chance is #14 in blue makes it through the majority of the game. We don’t score much if at all otherwise especially in the pending nor’easter coming our way Saturday. xpeacex

winds are predicted at 20 knots? with rain torrential rains?....... this might limit Flaccos air game, rain and light wind help passing game but stong cross winds cant help passing game..... whoops wrong thread

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2018, 04:18 AM
winds are predicted at 20 knots? with rain torrential rains?....... this might limit Flaccos air game, rain and light wind help passing game but stong cross winds cant help passing game..... whoops wrong thread

I have to believe Saturday’s forecast is advantage Delaware in your game. xpeacex

CHIP72
October 26th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Hey Gangtackle (or any of the UNH fans) - on the College Sports Live website it says the game broadcast starts at 3:30 PM ET, but the game itself starts at 2 PM ET. Do you know if the live stream starts at 2 PM or if it will be tape-delayed (stream-delayed?) until 3:30 PM?

For everyone else - this game is available for free streaming on collegesportslive.com (also available as an app on iOS devices).

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Hey Gangtackle (or any of the UNH fans) - on the College Sports Live website it says the game broadcast starts at 3:30 PM ET, but the game itself starts at 2 PM ET. Do you know if the live stream starts at 2 PM or if it will be tape-delayed (stream-delayed?) until 3:30 PM?

For everyone else - this game is available for free streaming on collegesportslive.com (also available as an app on iOS devices).

2pm start. Moved up for homecoming. Yikes. BFinneran in the house among many more past Nova football players. Weather makes it a bummer. Crowd (if you can call it that) more than likely subdued dramatically by nor’Easter blowing in. xpeacex

KPSUL
October 26th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Even though both offenses are a mess, Nova still has a playoff caliber defense.

UNH has a "Playoff Caliber Defense", the problem is that they are playing against their opponent's offense a well as their own.

KPSUL
October 26th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Saturday forecast is for rain, rain, & more rain. Up to 2 inches or more. Bring your rain gear. xpeacex

OK, I'll be sure to tell the one UNH fan planning to go to the game.

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2018, 12:52 PM
OK, I'll be sure to tell the one UNH fan planning to go to the game.

Good. That will give us 5 total. (Probably not too far from the truth.) xpeacex

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2018, 02:58 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vuhoops.com/platform/amp/villanova-football/2018/10/26/18026036/2018-villanova-wildcats-football-game-preview-three-things-to-watch-vs-new-hampshire

KPSUL
October 26th, 2018, 08:01 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vuhoops.com/platform/amp/villanova-football/2018/10/26/18026036/2018-villanova-wildcats-football-game-preview-three-things-to-watch-vs-new-hampshire

Very accurate article.

Gangtackle11
October 27th, 2018, 07:12 AM
Looks like the forecast has the rain clearing out before game time, but gusty winds could dampen whatever passing games either team can muster.

Nova looking to even their record at 4-4 & keep faint playoff hopes alive. xpeacex

KPSUL
October 27th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Looks like the forecast has the rain clearing out before game time, but gusty winds could dampen whatever passing games either team can muster.

Nova looking to even their record at 4-4 & keep faint playoff hopes alive. xpeacex

Wind shouldn't effect UNH passing much. The offense is pretty much 10 -15 yard bullet passes to Neil O'Connor, no matter who you've got covering him he'll get open. The problems are turner-overs and the rest of the offensive game. It won't effect our place kicking game either - they miss field goals with or without wind; in fact a cross wind might help by blowing an errant kick back between the goal posts.
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Our one productive running back, Evan Gray, is expected to see little or no action after an ankle sprain at the end of the Delaware game last week.

CHIP72
October 27th, 2018, 10:15 AM

Can a team that would have at best 2 good wins and only 1 good win in its conference (should Villanova win out) really make the playoffs? Will a very good win over an FBS team that will likely be bowl eligible (and at this point could potentially win its conference or at least its division in what is widely acknowledged as the best FBS G5 conference) carry enough weight for Villanova? (I hope it does should it happen, but man, I have my doubts VU's fairly skimpy profile would get it in at 7-4.)

KPSUL
October 27th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Can a team that would have at best 2 good wins and only 1 good win in its conference (should Villanova win out) really make the playoffs? Will a very good win over an FBS team that will likely be bowl eligible (and at this point could potentially win its conference or at least its division in what is widely acknowledged as the best FBS G5 conference) carry enough weight for Villanova? (I hope it does should it happen, but man, I have my doubts VU's fairly skimpy profile would get it in at 7-4.)

Any team that survives CAA conference play at 7-4 should end up in the playoffs. Also winning your last 4 straight and an FBS win will seal the deal.

Henny
October 27th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Any team that survives CAA conference play at 7-4 should end up in the playoffs. Also winning your last 4 straight and an FBS win will seal the deal.

Tell that to Marty who snubbed 7-4 UD last year!

centraljerseycat
October 27th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Of course the College Sports Live feed isn't working...ahh the joys of being an FCS fan...

centraljerseycat
October 27th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Got the feed working and I'm sorry it is...looks like the team has completely quit on Coach Ferrante and Bednarcyk is back!

KPSUL
October 27th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Tell that to Marty who snubbed 7-4 UD last year!

Tough luck! I meant to write every CAA team except for Delaware.

Schism55
October 27th, 2018, 02:41 PM
About that......

KPSUL
October 27th, 2018, 02:52 PM
About that......

Looks like a moot argument for Nova at this point.

Schism55
October 27th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Looks like a moot argument for Nova at this point.
Guess its only fitting that corpse of the fightin scaranos would be the one to bury Novas playoff hopes...

UNHWildcat18
October 27th, 2018, 03:22 PM
34-0 UNH.............. does this mean UNH is going to lose by 3 vs JMU next week?

KPSUL
October 27th, 2018, 03:56 PM
34-0 UNH.............. does this mean UNH is going to lose by 3 vs JMU next week?

Who saw this one coming?

Gangtackle11
October 27th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Who saw this one coming?

Congrats to UNH. They played inspired football. The other team didn’t. xpeacex

LehighU11
October 27th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Does UNH know that 5-6 only gets Patriot League teams into the playoffs?

Nova must have packed it in since basketball season's just a week away.

KPSUL
October 28th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Does UNH know that 5-6 only gets Lafayette into the playoffs?

Nova must have packed it in since basketball season's just a week away.

Isn't that better?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 10:33 AM
I wonder how long of a leash Ferrante will have. The 'Nova program really can't afford to wallow in mediocrity imo. Talley was such an important figure that without him what is the program's ceiling?

centraljerseycat
October 28th, 2018, 11:07 AM
I wonder how long of a leash Ferrante will have. The 'Nova program really can't afford to wallow in mediocrity imo. Talley was such an important figure that without him what is the program's ceiling?

Coach Ferrante should get one more year to prove himself. Hopefully, a few assistants get their walking papers after the Delaware game but given the general apathy of the school towards football, I have my doubts.

LehighU11
October 28th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Isn't that better?
Lehigh got in last year at 5-6, too.

cx500d
October 28th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Congrats on getting into the playoffs unh!

Oh how far they’ve fallen and how foul Villanova has become.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they ass-pounded Delaware though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BomberHarris
October 28th, 2018, 05:20 PM
The hell of it is, this is how UNH is capable of playing every week, especially with Knight in the lineup. The Stony Brook and Delaware games were two of the weirdest games I've ever seen as far as a team just setting itself on fire. Delaware's offense didn't break 200 yards last week. Stony Brook I thought was a better team than Delaware, and that game was in reach for the 'Cats if they didn't repeatedly self destruct. A very odd season.

Gangtackle11
October 28th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Congrats on getting into the playoffs unh!

Oh how far they’ve fallen and how foul Villanova has become.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they ass-pounded Delaware though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its our only last hope for this miserable season. Keep beating that rented mule. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 28th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Its our only last hope for this miserable season. Keep beating that rented mule. xpeacex

I think Delaware has turned the corner GT, and once we have the keys to the barn, it will be a long time before we let ole Francis the Kitty cat back out,

things go in cycles, Nova has had a long run but the pendulem is shifting and Delaware will be giving your boys a Pre Turkey day skinning this year

just a hunch

Gangtackle11
October 28th, 2018, 08:12 PM
I think Delaware has turned the corner GT, and once we have the keys to the barn, it will be a long time before we let ole Francis the Kitty cat back out,

things go in cycles, Nova has had a long run but the pendulem is shifting and Delaware will be giving your boys a Pre Turkey day skinning this year

just a hunch

I don’t disagree although last season Delaware’s team also thought they had turned that same corner with a playoff chance right there for the taking. 28-7 whooping to our backup QB.

This season our only hope is if ZB is healthy (he obviously isn’t 100%) for the finale. That could make it interesting. Corner turned or not.

No ZB & Nova will have zero on their side of the scoreboard. You can name your #. It doesn’t matter. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
October 29th, 2018, 08:11 AM

.....REEDERS WON'T ALLOW IT.......SHUDDAH SEEN........TROY....INTRODUCE HIMSELF....TA FLACCO........BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
October 29th, 2018, 10:33 AM
.....REEDERS WON'T ALLOW IT.......SHUDDAH SEEN........TROY....INTRODUCE HIMSELF....TA FLACCO........BRAWK!

36 Points is what I saw Towson had. Must of whiffed & missed him more than your eyes could see over your extra large beek. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
October 29th, 2018, 10:41 AM
36 Points is what I saw Towson had. Must of whiffed & missed him more than your eyes could see over your extra large beek. xpeacex

......WE HAD 40.......AWK!

Gangtackle11
October 29th, 2018, 11:09 AM
......WE HAD 40.......AWK!

Congrats, but it wasn’t your defense that won that game on Saturday. So if you are going to crow get it right. That’s all I’m saying.... xpeacex

GannonFan
October 29th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Congrats, but it wasn’t your defense that won that game on Saturday. So if you are going to crow get it right. That’s all I’m saying.... xpeacex

Well, 9 of those points were directly from the long snapper - twice he sailed it over the punter's head, one for a safety, and one set up Towson inside the 5 yard line. He also was high on a FG miss by the Hens. Just a tough day for the guy.

MR. CHICKEN
October 29th, 2018, 11:49 AM
........MAH COMMENT ON REEDER......WAS ABOUT...SEVERAL HITS...HE HAD...ON FLACCO..................BROCCO!