PDA

View Full Version : UNH at Hofstra October 20

UNHWildCats
March 29th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Im planning to take the LIRR out to Hempstead to catch the game. Anyone else here planning to attend this game?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 29th, 2007, 10:33 PM
At this early date, my plans are to attend that game. Ask again during the Summer.

Tod
March 29th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Im planning to take the LIRR out to Hempstead to catch the game. Anyone else here planning to attend this game?

Wait a minute. Is LIRR how you spell the name of the jet? Let me see............................................... ......

Oh, sorry. It's LEAR! You almost became my new best friend! :D :D

http://selair.selkirk.bc.ca/aerodynamics1/Appendix/Aircraft/Graphics/learjet%201.gif

UNHWildCats
March 29th, 2007, 11:06 PM
lol the LIRR is the Long Island Rail Road goes from the city out to the island.

appfan2008
March 30th, 2007, 12:08 AM
thanks i was wondering the same thing... us non northeasterners might not know that those abbreviations

UNHWildCats
March 30th, 2007, 12:22 AM
2 things if i had a lear jet.. a it would be collecting dust since i dun fly and b i'd be donating money for a brand new UNH stadium lol

jessesd
March 30th, 2007, 10:11 AM
There is a small chance that I may be there. If you go, take the LIRR to Hempstead (not West Hempstead, too far), it runs every hour from Penn Station and takes about an hour, you would have to transfer in Jamaica (just cross the platform next door), when you arrive at Hempstead, the end of the line, the Hofstra dark blue bus will be there waiting outside the station across the street, (its called the blue beetle), it would take you for free all the way to campus.

Other way is take the Long Island bus at Hempstead station across the street, it runs every 30 minutes or so on weekends, (not sure on the weekends on the time frames), the LI Bus takes the Hempstead turnpike and campus is a bit more than 2 miles (long walk), routes N70, N71 and N72, they all leave from the same place. http://www.mta.info/libus/routes/n707172/saturdayeast.pdf

Contingency plan.... If you missed the Train to Hempstead, the Minneola train (runs every 20 minutes or so, but is much faster about 30 mins, three stops if I remember correctly) is close to campus, but you'll need to take a taxi to campus from the station (about $15), Otherwise take the shuttle bus to Hempstead routes N40 and N41 and must transfer at the Hempstead bus depot to the N70, N72, N73